What's new

Late 70's & 80's Music...PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR FAVES

Marshmello

I have found MANY Artists and songs that I never knew existed through a thread like this one on another forum, but, it's for Hip-Hop.
I figured this is a much better crowd to solicit tunes from than that crowd in terms of this genre.
:kos::headbange:rasta: :sasmokin::wave::smoker: :sasmokin::rasta::headbange: :kos:

Thank-You, in advance, for sharing your tunes with me.

Enjoy this 2:37 from 1979. :joint: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxB8Z7GL6yc
That's the shieeeeet, Mayne!

funny_animals_pictures_01.gif

Joe Hawkins

If you ever get your hands on Sly Dunbar and Robbie Shakespeares Reggae/Dub version of 'Sesame street' Post it here

I was just listening to The Cults first album"ELECTRIC".Its a rough and raw listen but it will take you there.Love removal machine.....

Snagglepuss

even
ICMag Donor
Veteran
really enjoyed ...berlin - pleasure victim and never ever ever forget devo especially the 1st album and the freedom of choice one too...

The Cars are great! Most of my favorite music is from the '70s and '80s. For example, I really dig the album "Jesus of Cool" by Nick Lowe (1978).

ROJO145

Veteran
Frampton comes alive!!! I'll Give You Money,used to Love that song,crankin it right now!!! In high school the weed at one time came in goofy baggies,it was some good smoke,but thats all I remember,it was 30 years ago!!:biggrin:

The music changed about the time CANDY-O became available.New wave music wasnt easily accepted by all.About that time one of my faves was PAT TRAVERS.....CRASH AND BURN.Great album.The Alan Parsons Project had a great album....I ROBOT.Sothern rock was still very big at that time.... check out The Charlie Daniels Band.....Fire On The Mountain.If a band was too commercial I wouldnt buy them so these are a few LPs that everybody didnt have.There were a lot of great LIVE albums in those days.(lot of great muscians)Check out REO SPEEDWAGON.....YOU GET WHAT YOU PLAY FOR.And the list goes on....ol briar

ColBatGuano

ESKIMO by THE RESIDENTS

1979 - The pieces on Eskimo are generally made up of sound effects, occasional playing on home-made instruments, and gibberish standing in for actual Inuit. The stories were all created by the group and, despite their claims otherwise, is not meant to be a true historical document of life in the Arctic. Rather, it is a symbolic criticism of how Western culture dealt a deathblow to the religions and tribal customs of Native Americans. :good:
Actually, it's just a Grammy nominated musical oddity meant to annoy the senses. Not for everyone! (You've been warned.)
(click on the image to listen)