What's new

LAST GROW 7.9 POUNDS OFF 2 PLANTS IN COCO! CONVERTED TO RDWC AND FAILING MISERABLY!!

wooey

Hey guys, having problems with my rdwc and it is really doing my head in.. Had a bumper crop last run in run to waste coco, and since i've converted to rdwc things just aren't goin to plan. I'm running a similar setup to double d but its turning into a real nightmare.. PLEASE HELP ME!

wooey

Does anybody know much about pvc in a grow room? There is a pvc drainage pipe running through the room and im under the impression this could be letting off toxic gases that could be harming my plants. After process and elimination using the same room, clones, nutes and lights as the last run (which had great sucess) i can only really put it down to the pvc.. any ideas??

Nationwide

Yes I have read about this. There is a type that has been off gassing just like the grow tents were. Its a spacific type of pipe that was used to plumb hydroponic grows and was causing plants to have bad health with traits similer to over feeding when they were not....I dont see the thread. do a google for off gassing pipe

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
PVC is generally safe for plants and humans unless it's exposed to very high temperatures (don't make a bong with PVC.)

The offgassing thread refers to flexible black tubing by NGW or N-G-W (it says so on the tube itself.)

What specific problems are you having? You haven't really been exact. Yellowing leaves? Stunted growth? low yield?

Are you working with clones? Are ALL your plants suffering the same symptoms?

What nutes/water are you using? Any additives?

What's the temp of your res? Are your roots brownish/tainted or pearly white? Do they easily come off if you touch them? Are they slimy? Does your res stink? Is your res water cloudy? What medium are you using?

halitzor

I'm quite experienced in DWC, these are the things that you need to check. If they are all in spec you will have zero problems.

-water temp (if your water temp is over 80, you will have problems)

-oxygenation (if you do not have adequate air stones in each container they won't grow to their potential. Thats something about DWC that makes it grow so fast, the physical action of the bubbles hitting the roots makes them obsorb faster.)

-light (make sure you have enough)

-nutes Doesnt really matter just make sure you go full strength in DWC.

recirculation - if its not recirculating properly you might as well start over.

mikeross

I am in the middle of my first mpb run and things are looking great... Need a lot more info before members here can help. All the above info is an absolute much and is text book in regards to rdwc growing.

What week are you in? Did the plants look bad from the get go.

So many variables in these setups that you got to give really detailed info if you want to track down the issues.

Cannabean

wow!! I've seen a few 2lb outdoor plants but never a single 4lb indoor plant, holy crap! got pics???

halitzor

wow!! I've seen a few 2lb outdoor plants but never a single 4lb indoor plant, holy crap! got pics???

They veg for 4+ months. Doesnt really add up in the end but some people have to keep plant numbers in check. The same people would yield significantly more if they did the same size grow with little to no veg time but again, plant numbers.

HUGE

Veteran
Better question is why switch from dtw coco to rdwc? You had the best thing going. Ditch the dwc. Dial in the coco.

bendoslendo

I'm quite experienced in DWC, these are the things that you need to check. If they are all in spec you will have zero problems.

-water temp (if your water temp is over 80, you will have problems)

-oxygenation (if you do not have adequate air stones in each container they won't grow to their potential. Thats something about DWC that makes it grow so fast, the physical action of the bubbles hitting the roots makes them obsorb faster.)

-light (make sure you have enough)

-nutes Doesnt really matter just make sure you go full strength in DWC.

recirculation - if its not recirculating properly you might as well start over.

Full strength nutes are often wayyy too much, especially in DWC systems. Highgrades formula (GH3part at 1/3 strength with epsom) performs excellent in DWC

experienced eh?

wooey

Thanks for the replies guys.
sorry i didn't give much info from the start.

Ok i had taken clones from the very same plant as last run and they were very healthy from their mother.. The mother was watered with fresh water only for 3 days before i took clones.. They were put into a aeroponic cloner with only plain tap water from the start.. Once the roots came through they were transplanted into hydroton and put into the rdwc system..
The system has water running at high speed from a 200 litre main res which is pumped around the top of the 60 litre mini res and sprayed down into the water below exchanging gases as it breaks the water, thus recirculating and highly oxygenating the water. there is also a 12 inch air stone in the mini res. The water then flows back out the drainage pipe back into the main res falling back in like a fountain. The main res has 2 airstones also.

I started the clones at 600 ppm with house and garden nutes. A+B, superthrive and roots excelurator. Then slowly raised the ec to 1.2 with a touch of silica to strengthen cell walls.
The water temp stays at 22 degrees celcious which is about 72 farenheit.
I am running a 600w sunpulse digital metal hallide. the clones were under 2, 35w flouro's.

Now my problems are that the clones dont seem to be growing at all and are turning a pale green with some yellow leaves.. They aren't dying but they aren't really doing much either. They have been in the rdwc for about 2 weeks now..
I had alot more explosive growth with the coco but i know that the rdwc should be a lot better and faster due to the roots receiving alot more oxygen and nutes when they need it..
People ask why i changed when i was getting awesome results in coco but i love every part of growing and rdwc really excites me.. The last grow was in veg for 6 weeks and completely filled my 3m long by 2m wide room using scrog.. But that is way too long veg for me but i still want the same results.. I really believe i can do things alot better and faster than my previous grows in rdwc.

What is happening??? It is hurting my brain.. lol

I'll try to put some pics from the last grow for you guys.
Cheers for your help.

wooey

PICS OF LAST GROW IN COCO!!

PICS OF LAST GROW IN COCO!!

Here ya go guys

Attachments

• DSC00252.jpg
    DSC00252.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 8
  • DCS00039.jpg
    DCS00039.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0265.jpg
    IMG_0265.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0298.jpg
    IMG_0298.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0294.jpg
    IMG_0294.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 17
  • DCS00040.jpg
    DCS00040.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0295.jpg
    IMG_0295.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 7

odium33

haha wow dude those trees are awesome. i dont care if it took 4 months, thats sweet. I dont know if im allowed to rep it but check out doubled's medical patient bucket threads over at *********, gets similar yields 4lbs per plant, on like 4 WEEKS veg with his system, incredible. Im going MPB as soon as i get the money!

halitzor

Try reading the lucas sticky thread in the hydro section, unless you're going against him. His direct words are that normally in soil, the plants concentrate 70% of growth to roots and 30% to flower. DWC makes it so the plant has to do no work at all to attain nutrients so it flips it to 70% of growth to flower, 30% to roots. That is why it is COMMON PRACTICE to use the 8/16 GH formula, or just 8ml/gal of floranova bloom and get retarded results. I have having to explain everything, do some damn reading.

Ursus

I just have 2 questions and 1 comment.

What are the two hoses in the first pic? Just feed/drain lines? and are those just normally stacked buckets or is something going on inside them?

You should look into vertical lighting.

250wscrogger

Everyone thinks MPB is the way to go just because doubleds pulls 4# plants... that system is super expensive to set up and really hard to get dialed in... you must also consider that most of the people running MPB systems have as many lights as plants to achieve these results and are running sealed rooms with c02.
Doubled's 22k 23 plant MPB setup actually pulls close to 30kw when you factor in the two 3 ton a/c units, chillers, pumps ect. I think he also has an additional 8x600 for when the temps can handle it.