What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Las Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.

George

I really don't. Just as I don't read the bible Koran or any other bullshit that results in man a killing man b. If an argument has no internal logical consistency, then its bullshit pure and simple. Now if you were recommending a decent book on theoretical physics or something, if I hadn't read it I'd give it a read, but when you refer to a document that talks about protecting someone from tyrany, and it refers to a country which recognises no laws, except the right of the richest to do what they like to the poorest, then it becomes farcical.
Besides, a militia isn't some gun nut in his own home, its an organised group of volunteers. Those long guns as they get called, can be stored locally without them being in private homes.
Besides, are you really saying that you think the Feds want people to have the right to storm the Whitehouse with assault rifles?
lol no wonder you "really don't" want to read the constitution cause it sounds like you're having a hard time understanding what he's saying anyways lol.

The constitution was put in place so we CAN defend ourselves against a tyrannical government. It doesn't matter what the Feds think, that's the whole point of the second amendment, but yea don't read it, it's pointless lol.

You pity someone who "needs" a gun lol. Try staring death in the face bro. Try getting run down on the street in your truck then getting chased with nowhere to fucking hide scared for your life and getting shot at. Hand to hand combat ain't gonna do shit for you. I didn't have a gun cause concealed carry isn't a thing here because "guns are bad" but I sure wish I fucking did. Maybe I wouldn't of thought I was going to die that night, maybe I'd of felt like my own people would allow me to protect my own life??

You're just someone who needs to walk in someone else's shoes. Higher than thou attitude.

Funny how my not having a gun almost gets me killed but all these anti gun advocates sit here and try to tell me to talk out my problems with the gunman.

I'm not advocating gun violence but when a mother fucker knows I don't have a gun to protect myself what do you think is going to happen? Oh, you mean just exactly what happened? And they want law abiding citizens to give up their guns. Fucking comedy.

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
Interesting chart Doc...

Now lets see an international chart for murder/violent crime.

I am looking. I know those charts were from 2000 (before 9-11) and much has changed since then. But I doubt the attitudes of people flipped flop since then (those in gun control nations now feel safer...or vice versa).

On a separate matter--I see political conundrum in the making: There is a group of people advocating to limit/restrict executive powers (ie immigration)...and then on the other hand, there are those who are also advocating the expansion of certain executive powers (ie gun control).

Pop Quiz: Of the three branches of government in US: Legislative, Judical and Executive...ATF is under the auspices of which branch?

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) is under the Department of Justice....so Judicial.

Maybe I feel safer in the UK because I am quite a big boy, that can take care of myself, and I always have my trusty, rusty can opener at hand, and their are not many, if any people around me with firearms who might use them against me....lol

*If I was a little old lady, I would be much more concerned. As I have said before, its all about the perceived threat.

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
Nope Executive. Legislature has oversight...the Judicial rules on cases (they don't create laws--but makes rulings on their legality)...but Prez is in charge....from wiki-
The United States Department of Justice, also known as the Justice Department, is a federal executive department of the U.S. government, responsible for the enforcement of the law and administration of justice in the United States, equivalent to the justice or interior ministries of other countries.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Nope Executive. Legislature has oversight...the Judicial rules on cases (they don't create laws--but makes rulings on their legality)...but Prez is in charge....from wiki-

Oh damn!....so I don't win tonight's star prize (a blow on the head?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdoGVgj1MtY

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) is a federal law enforcement organization within the United States Department of Justice.

*I guess that I confused 'under' with 'within'.

shaggyballs

Veteran
Besides, are you really saying that you think the Feds want people to have the right to storm the Whitehouse with assault rifles?

I don't think that is what people are saying at all.
To help better understand why people want to have assault rifles please watch the movie RED DAWN.

Link:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087985/

What the movie is about:
In mid-western America, a group of teenagers bands together to defend their town, and their country, from invading Soviet forces.

If you really don't get it after watching the entire movie than you never will.

Peace to ya GMT!
shag

N

NBE One !

Armed forces OK but nuts how the public are allowed Automatic weapons. Total love of gun fueled by ego can't be over looked.

Storm the whitehouse!:D whitehouse down;
'S all a Stage and were actors (-:

I wanna see Homeland .
HuaaA

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran

What the HECK!

Some member just e-mailed me this picture, with the caption:
'Come on over to my place for a bit of BUMP-FIRE!'

Now I don't know whether to get angry, throw-up.....or laugh my ass off!

C'mon now guys, try and keep this thread free of fat mulleted ding-bats wearing 'Budgie Smugglers!'

geneva_sativa

YouTube is actively suppressing videos that have the most important footage.

Last night I spent hours trying to find vid I watched few hours earlier of gunfire with overlay fire, found a different version anyway.

Hope folks are keeping copies.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yeah, when I first saw it, I was drinking coffee and ended up giving my nose a Nescafe' Enema

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Gypsy, I was thinking more in lines with health and safety legislature with regards to employment law than in an educational setting. But its in principle the same idea.
Since even america argues that anyone with an IQ below 75 is not responsible for their own actions, I'd at the very least start there. But as I've already said, the important thing to me is to get them out of the hands of sociopaths/psychopaths.

George, you don't think in that case you deserved any pity? You try to knock my comprehension however I have to wonder if you know what the word pity means.

M

moose eater

I spoke yesterday with an old friend who has built weapons. We've both spent a fair amount of time shooting in our years. We/I specifically drew attention to the audio clips, as he'd also sent one of the recordings/links to my e-mail.

I raised the question of the reality of delayed sonic boom echo, echo off of rigid structures (tall, vertical stone or brick and glass buildings), versus echo off of softer structures (hill-sides or other sometimes less vertical or rigid structures). None of which are mutually exclusive; all three echoes can come from the same shot, depending on surroundings, etc..

He's not certain, but says he listened to the clip(s) he was referring to for a couple hours, repeatedly, and -thinks- he hears an M240 rate and sound of fire over the rate of fire and sound of bump-fire/full-auto from a .223 AR or CAR, overlapping.

I can't say what's on the clips, as I can't run much complex video or audio here with my dinosaur era internet connection.

Someone had asked about (cyclic) rates of fire from select-fire or full auto weaponry. A standard AK-47 (7.62x39) is typically cycling at about 900 rds/cyclic minute. A Colt M-16, XM-177E, etc., etc., is typically firing at about 735 +/- per cyclic minute. A Ruger AC556-F is firing slightly slower in .223 at just over or about 700/cyclic minute. A MAC-10 9mm or .45 in original Ingram configuration (continued by RPB and SWD) rates at about 960/cyclic minute. The original M-11 from Ingram and RPB (-not- the M-11 9mm from SWD) fired in .380/9mm Kurz at about 1200/cyclic minute. Maramount M-60 (.308) and Browning M2 HB .50 are cycling much more slowly.

An M3 or M3A1 Grease Gun (WWII special ops and tankers, in either the common .45 or the more rare and collectible 9mm) is full-auto ONLY as a rule, and cycles at about 250/minute (one of the few where a person can regularly squeeze off a single shot, despite it being full-auto only), and a WWII Sten Mk II (9mm) is firing at about 350/minute. Still very slowly in contrast to others, and capable of single-shot in full-auto mode, but was made available in select-fire anyway.

Keeping in mind that unless belt-fed, these weapons are typically equipped with a 20, 30, or 40 bullet magazine, so cyclic rates are based on what they would spew -if- they fired continuously, without needing to reload during that cyclic minute.

But yes, this discussion seems to have become multi-faceted to the point of, at times, leaving the proverbial rails.

:tiphat:

YouTube is actively suppressing videos that have the most important footage.

Last night I spent hours trying to find vid I watched few hours earlier of gunfire with overlay fire, found a different version anyway.

Hope folks are keeping copies.

Last edited:

geneva_sativa

Many people agree with your friend re: the M240 possibility.

Saw people in the crowd videos mention it and others after hearing the audio.

soundman

I cant debate well in writing over the net but will add my two cents for what its worth.

I am a vet and an audio engineer. What I have heard in several videos and when I watched coverage on tv causes me concern. IMO there was more than one weapon being fired simultaneously. One fully auto and the other bump firing. One of my AR bump fires and I KNOW that sound. Not the same as my service rifle. Shit like that caught my ears right away.

Too much wrong with the story.

Whats the story with the couple warning some folks by the stage they were going to die tonight. The couple being told this thought the other couple wanted their seats. 45 minutes later gunfire erupts.

soundman

lol no wonder you "really don't" want to read the constitution cause it sounds like you're having a hard time understanding what he's saying anyways lol.

The constitution was put in place so we CAN defend ourselves against a tyrannical government. It doesn't matter what the Feds think, that's the whole point of the second amendment, but yea don't read it, it's pointless lol.

You pity someone who "needs" a gun lol. Try staring death in the face bro. Try getting run down on the street in your truck then getting chased with nowhere to fucking hide scared for your life and getting shot at. Hand to hand combat ain't gonna do shit for you. I didn't have a gun cause concealed carry isn't a thing here because "guns are bad" but I sure wish I fucking did. Maybe I wouldn't of thought I was going to die that night, maybe I'd of felt like my own people would allow me to protect my own life??

You're just someone who needs to walk in someone else's shoes. Higher than thou attitude.

Funny how my not having a gun almost gets me killed but all these anti gun advocates sit here and try to tell me to talk out my problems with the gunman.

I'm not advocating gun violence but when a mother fucker knows I don't have a gun to protect myself what do you think is going to happen? Oh, you mean just exactly what happened? And they want law abiding citizens to give up their guns. Fucking comedy.

My pistol stopped a violent attack against me and my service dog last week. Road rager and his buddies caught me at a light and tried gaining entry to my truck. I am disabled and cant defend myself like I used to. When two guys where hitting my window trying to break it my pistil to there faces put a quick end to the assault. My local sheriff was happy with the outcome.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Gypsy, I was thinking more in lines with health and safety legislature with regards to employment law than in an educational setting. But its in principle the same idea.
Since even america argues that anyone with an IQ below 75 is not responsible for their own actions, I'd at the very least start there. But as I've already said, the important thing to me is to get them out of the hands of sociopaths/psychopaths.

George, you don't think in that case you deserved any pity? You try to knock my comprehension however I have to wonder if you know what the word pity means.

'Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms.'

So I guess that if someone is registered as being mentally ill, then they can't get a gun license....But mental illness is subjective, and can come and go GMT. I'm not sure if a doctors certificate is required to prove mental health, and I doubt a blood test or an IQ test is required before a gun license is issued. Anyway, its easy enough to buy guns illegally in the US, there must be millions of them floating around on the black market. So many are stolen every day.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_law_in_the_United_States

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts