What's new

Larry OG & Ghost of Leeroy - LED Grow

Kimura

First time flowering with this Viparspectra 1200w LED light (524 actual watts)

I have 2 Larry OG and 2 Ghost of Leeroy in 3 gallon pots in a 4x4 tent. I'm using Roots Organic soil and Botanicare's line of nutrients, along with Floranectar.

Today is day 5 of flower. Shooting for a 10 week flower with a 2 week flush.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

GastroGrower

Nice setup. I'll be interested to see how this grow goes.

I've had good luck with Botanicare in the past. My only suggestion would be to go easy with the nutrients unless they're really showing a need. In my experience, plants show when they need some more food pretty well with the PBP line and it's easier to react than with some other soil based nutrients.

Kimura

they were all slightly under 2 feet tall (from the top of the soil) before i started flowering, but they've shot up maybe 4-6 inches in the first week. the larry og is definitely stretching more than the ghost of leeroy. just had to move the LED panel up to stay at 2ft away from the canopy.

The manual says you can get down to like 15" in flower. Mine is wayyyyy closer that that right now and still looks comfortable. Help with the stretch a little maybe?

Kimura

i've got the light at about 24" from the canopy and the plants seem to love it. i feel like if i have it 12-15" away, the light won't be reaching the edges of the tent.

Damn, I thought it'd have a bigger footprint than that. It definitely says they can get lower though,if that ever runs through your mind. Do you think 2 600's would have distributed the light better? I only ask, because I'm looking at using one for a 4x4 space in the near future, and if that's no bueno, I'll roll with multiple 600's.

First time flowering with this Viparspectra 1200w LED light (524 actual watts)

I have 2 Larry OG and 2 Ghost of Leeroy in 3 gallon pots in a 4x4 tent...

Didn't you just say that with the 1200 you can't get max coverage under 20"? I'm running 2 450's currently on a 18"x47" canopy. I'm just confused about that statement.

Medfinder

Chemon 91
they were all slightly under 2 feet tall (from the top of the soil) before i started flowering, but they've shot up maybe 4-6 inches in the first week. the larry og is definitely stretching more than the ghost of leeroy. just had to move the LED panel up to stay at 2ft away from the canopy.

Great work!

Kimura

Didn't you just say that with the 1200 you can't get max coverage under 20"? I'm running 2 450's currently on a 18"x47" canopy. I'm just confused about that statement.

well, i did not literally say you can't get full coverage under 20".... all i said was i dont THINK i'm getting max coverage at that height. i dont know for a fact... i've read about idk how many other people having to keep their light higher than the manufacturers recommended distance, because they fucked their plants up going by their guidelines.

im not sure why you're confused about my statement...

All I am asking, is if you think you would have had better coverage with two 600's spread out a little, or if the 1200 is sufficient for the 4x4 area. I'm just curious, because it's something that's happening in the near future, and I'm trying to decide if I should get 3 1200's, or 6 600's. That's all buddy. Plants look great!! Looks like they're only about a week behind mine :)

Kimura

ah i gotcha. i feel pretty good about this 1200, but i dont want to say anything for sure until i run it the entire cycle. i think either way you do it will be fine.

Kimura

dropped the light to 18" from the canopy. (average of 18" anyway)

these plants are fuckin loving the light. they look super happy. so far i'm only watering them once a week which is really nice. i'm sure that'll drop down to once every 3-4 days when the buds start developing.

Kimura

not sure why i'm not allowed to edit posts... i'm not really sure how to post pictures, so i hope this works.

picture.php

picture.php

Ghost of Leeroy:
picture.php

Larry OG:
picture.php

Kimura

i'm in the middle of week 3 and things are looking great! nothing to complain about :) i'm watering the larry og today with PBP Bloom and Hydroplex for the first time, along with some Pure Blend Tea (and the usual CalMag)

On a sidenote, i got my EZ Cloner yesterday and chopped my Gorilla Glue #4 into 13 clones :) I figured i'll wait until they've rooted before i start a journal on here. Also some Blueberry in the works for my next flowering cycle.

Latest posts

Latest posts