What's new

Larimer county raids are possibly coming.

Moonshine*

Rare Dankness
Veteran
I try to read all the bigger cities local papers to see whats happening in the state. I saw in Lovelands paper yesterday that the county commissioner has asked all the cities employees who have collected information of medical MJ grows in the unincorporated parts of the county to turn the information over to the Larimer County sherrifs office. Apparently they havent approved any commercial grows in the county, there are 10 pending that put in the full proper paperwork and they say those will be spared, everyone else is gonna get a visit.

Red tape and hoops.

HokuLoa

*Ding Dong* "Candy-gram...."

Unincorporated Larimer??? Man, I hope any operators in unicorporated realize how f*ckity-f*cked they are unless they already began the special review process

Hhhmmm good thing I am a private cg in the city. Loveland will be looking at banning dispns real soon. Not sure how I feel, I mean I will get an automatic 16 patients but then friends will lose jobs. All this is getting very old.

iSMOKE.KUSH

Veteran
Hhhmmm good thing I am a private cg in the city. Loveland will be looking at banning dispns real soon. Not sure how I feel, I mean I will get an automatic 16 patients but then friends will lose jobs. All this is getting very old.

private cg's can only have 5 patients max now. supposedly if there isn't a dispensary in the area you can have more, but my lawyer says otherwise. guess that part of the bill didn't make the cut.

private cg's can only have 5 patients max now. supposedly if there isn't a dispensary in the area you can have more, but my lawyer says otherwise. guess that part of the bill didn't make the cut.

Yes it did make the "cut" if you will. Matt Cook from the DOR has addressed this issue already at the previous MMBA meeting.

Update***** this was actually posted in the Fort Collins Coloradoan and it only pertains to commercial grows, centers & kitchens and certification. Just checked on this.

copobo

County to inform sheriff's office of unapproved marijuana businesses

County to inform sheriff's office of unapproved marijuana businesses

hopefully they just deal with these as zoning issues.

--

http://www.coloradoan.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2010100714003

Medical marijuana businesses in unincorporated Larimer County that have not sought county approval to operate might get a visit from sheriff's deputies.

The county commissioners Tuesday directed staff members to inform the sheriff's office about marijuana operations - such as dispensaries, kitchens and growing facilities - that failed to apply for county land-use approval before the July 1 deadline set by new state regulations on medical marijuana businesses.

Such businesses are already in violation of the county's land-use code for failing to go through the approval process, said Michael Whitley of the Larimer County Planning Department.

The sheriff's office will have to decide whether to pursue criminal charges against a business for illegally selling or growing marijuana.

"That is a more serious offense than operating a business without zoning or land-use approval," Whitley said.

The planning department is aware of approximately 10 marijuana businesses operating in the county that did not apply for the approval process, he said. The process includes hearings before the planning commission and the county commissioners.

During a recent meeting with the commissioners, a sheriff's office representative said deputies knew of about 100 illegal operations across the county, said Candice Phippen, code compliance supervisor.

Phippen said her staff will send complaints to the county attorney's office, which will work with the sheriff in deciding how to react.

Sheriff Jim Alderden said Tuesday he had not heard from the county attorney's office about the matter. Alderden said he would review the new state law to determine how to proceed.

His initial impression, Alderden said, is that complaints about marijuana businesses would be treated as civil matters as are other land-use and zoning issues.

Assistant County Attorney Bill Ressue said the office would talk to the sheriff about whether he has the personnel and resources to pursue criminal cases against marijuana businesses.

Two weeks ago, the county commissioners approved a moratorium on accepting new land-use applications from marijuana businesses until the county decides how to address licensing requirements in the new state law.

The law requires businesses to obtain state and local licenses to operate in addition to meeting local land-use regulations by July 1, 2011. The licensing process could be similar to getting local and state licenses to sell alcohol, officials say.

The county planning office has received 10 applications for marijuana businesses that are in various stages of processing, Whitley said.

To date, the commissioners have not approved any marijuana businesses.

Latest posts

Latest posts