What's new

large harvest, where to get jars?

E

Eatatjoes

Here are the ones I use, kinda pricey at $10 each but you can buy them four to a case. Target had them when I got them. "Ball" Decorative Jar
312QthzvpoL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

qbert

Here are the ones I use, kinda pricey at $10 each but you can buy them four to a case. Target had them when I got them. "Ball" Decorative Jar
312QthzvpoL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

These have a hard plastic that the lid "seals" against, except that it doesn't actually seal (in my experience), leaving dried out buds and an extra stinky house.

Montana Jars are better, come in truly large sizes, and can be found in most Target's. They have a flexible silicon seal that works much better (but still not perfectly).

def1jDe7z0aSgQzT1M3VncXvgQToNWaLOchCY9C332xi18bmUWR5eiyydGa7M6wNqBfJUwU_Uznc-uReV2f83iY_BLhmYfqh4IC_nBV2kkTFcDNKs1h03O86_2BHgk8sHfldI0nlI2JgvkQ_0UIHWJHTUj-yQfn8UP2DCl6ZEmFXP-Vu7FR380SsJEJ6-Q

What I really want, though, would be 1.5 gallon, wide mouth, screw lid (like mason jars), in BROWN glass.

I would pay a lot for big wide mouth tight sealing BROWN glass jars.

doublejj

Veteran
Storage lockers

Storage lockers

Here in NorCal many use these $2 buckets, and be sure to store them off site in a storage locker someplace.

peace
doublejj
P.S. I keep waiting for one of those 'storage auction' TV guy's to open the right locker here in NorCal! lol!

Attachments

• home depot bucket.bmp
    825.2 KB · Views: 25

Rowdy420

I think plastic is fine but, I'd suggest using "food grade" containers. This way you can be rest assured you won't have any off gassing issues. Or don't give a shit cause your just selling it for $. If you haven't worried about flushing your product then there really isn't a reason to worry about a cure!

In my opinion here is best to worst 1. Glass containers 2.food grade buckets 3. Turkey bags 4. Any non food grade containers, i.e. buckets, plastic storage bins, etc.

Good luck, peace

gardenbug

Got any proof of those home depot buckets off gassing when kept in a cool dark place like you would normally do when curing? Wash them out well and they seem fine. How many thousands of people grow in them, let alone cure in them? If you are worried there are also "food grade" buckets meant for food storage.
After a few hours internet research I still can't find any proof of those home depot buckets being all that harmful. They are essentially the same as the food grade buckets but the coloring and lubrication on the molds to make them would not be food grade. I clean them well and never get any kind of plastic smell from them, so I would still say they are probably ok for curing. Just to be safe I'll be upgrading to food grade buckets. Home depot and lowes apparently have food grade buckets in the paint section. Asking at a bakery/deli/restaurant/doughnut shop seems to be the preferred cheap or sometimes free method of obtaining them.

Back to the original topic...buckets work great and hold 1 or 2 pounds each. For smaller batches ACE has the 1/2 gal mason jars. I haven't found anything else that can maintain a good enough seal besides buckets or mason jars.

yukonjoe

Dude go to your local Dollar Store anyone of them will have them. My local store has whole section of them different sizes. 4.99 case of twelve. Compare to ball jars works great for me.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
4326161669_4a28168d5d_z.jpg

they have big jars that can store 1-2 lbs...but the seal on the top aint the best...

honestly for storage of multiple LBs most of my friends just use rubbermaids or turkey bags....i actually get a realy nice cure in the turkey bag sometimes the jars humidity rises too much and its a hassle to burp all those jars every few hours....turkey bags have real nice air exchange...

Here in NorCal many use these $2 buckets, and be sure to store them off site in a storage locker someplace.

peace
doublejj
P.S. I keep waiting for one of those 'storage auction' TV guy's to open the right locker here in NorCal! lol!

yo be careful with the storage units...make sure they are airtight! garuntee if you unit starts to reek the local narcs getting called.....and i serously wouldnt be surprised if they brought k-9s through local storage facilities up north because i know in some areas those units are holding tons!!

when i store in the facility i keep them double vacsealed then put those into a box....sprayed with lots if ISO..

spunion

peace
doublejj
Not all of us have 10' ganja plants in our backyard =P

peace
doublejj

My wife and I had to spend some time in a Santa Rosa hotel room last December
and the whole room reeked of killer bud when we checked in

Such a strong smell that we checked all the drawers to see if someone forgot something

A friend tells me the hotel we stayed at is used by growers to sell their crops in town and then return up north cash in hand

kifmaster

There is a chain of stores in cali (not sure if its nationwide) called "The Container Store" they have these jars for about $15, great for curing, holds up to a HP, but ideally a little less for burping.

I have been using these Italian Fido 5 liter (165 fluid ounce) glass jars. I think they are great for this application. They are big enough to hold multiple ounces and you can get your hand in through the mouth. They are about $12 online and $20 in a specialty cooking store. I really like them for curing.

(You cant really get a sense of just how large these are from the photo btw.... They hold over a qp)

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts