What's new

Lao Gold RSC

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Wonderfull idea thx. Hope to get some grow info about the lao gold here. I was thinking about germinating them but choose the malawi gold because i hope they will be ready under 6 month.

from the pics at trsc homepage i hope the stretch will stay manageable.

achille

Veteran
The seeds are still in stock at the RSC site, I am surprised there isn't more interest in this line.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have one going now, will check to see if it is male or female pretty soon. I think female as I see males showing already with other strains in the tent. The Highland Laos 2 is another line I have but did not have room this run. Both are supposed to be like Thai stick according to Angus so I went in on them.

Hempy McNoodle

I have a pack and am hoping to grow them next year. The photo on the site looks awesome! Huge buds.. I look forward to seeing what you all get out of them, in the mean time.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
I have one going now, will check to see if it is male or female pretty soon. I think female as I see males showing already with other strains in the tent. The Highland Laos 2 is another line I have but did not have room this run. Both are supposed to be like Thai stick according to Angus so I went in on them.

How old is your plant? And how long since flip? I hope if u take clones from an older motherplant they won't take 6 month to finish.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just a few weeks into flip and no sex yet. It appears to be a long flowering type.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's a boy!! whoopee!! So I will pull it and smoke the top. There will be a smoke report in a few days. The top of a male is not great to judge things, but it usually does give an idea of the potential of a line.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
No, I have enough other seeds to get a male. I have 3 males separated to make seeds with the females, other lines than Laos. I cut the top off the males and put them in containers that are taller than the cutting, just water in a cup to feed them. Works great. To pollenate I wait till they are dropping dust or pollen and use a q-tip to put some on the females while they are out of the tent or grow area. Lower half of the plants. Hour or two and spray the females with water to kill the pollen and back into the tent.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Smoked some a bit ago. I had not smoked for around 2 months and got a good enough effect, potent enough. Not really what I wanted. Not so trippy or interesting or anything I am after. Will grow out a few more seeds of it next run but do not expect too much. I was more interested in the Highland Laos 2 anyways, and will pop the whole pack next run. It has pepper in the taste and that sounds like what I am after, had good luck with pepper tasting strains.

achille

Veteran
I had 100% germination on Highland Lao #1 and 0% on Highland Lao #2. So far, the Lao Gold are way slower to grow than Highland Lao#1 which is very vigorous.

Last edited:

bushed

Smoked some a bit ago. I had not smoked for around 2 months and got a good enough effect, potent enough. Not really what I wanted. Not so trippy or interesting or anything I am after. Will grow out a few more seeds of it next run but do not expect too much. I was more interested in the Highland Laos 2 anyways, and will pop the whole pack next run. It has pepper in the taste and that sounds like what I am after, had good luck with pepper tasting strains.

Yesum, I used to get outdoor that had a very strong black pepper taste it was really good. What strains that are available have you found pepper tasting plants?

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Chellakutti is one. The Kullu Valley has spices in the taste. I look for anything other than the usual sweet taste. In the end, it is luck as sweet tasting strains can be great as well.

Lebanizer

Did anyone try Lao Village ? I've purchased two packs and was thinking of having a go next year. The strain isn't on sale anymore so I expect they must've sold out.

achille

Veteran
Lao Gold seedling, slow growing and delicate.
fetch?photoid=17970050.jpg

achille

Veteran
fetch?photoid=17993357.jpg

Well I found out that the Lao Gold is not a slow growing, delicate plant at all: I made a mistake with my starting soil wich was nearly devoid of nutrients. I corrected the problem and they are now growing VERY quickly and displaying darker shades of green. The tent is too crowded and I am putting the plants at the window for flowering.
fetch?photoid=17993358.jpg
fetch?photoid=17993359.jpg
The general leaf shapes and bamboo-like stalks are similar to the Highland Lao#1's but the smells are different: for now the Lao Gold plants smell exactly like my Nepal Rolpa (RSC) leaves: a very pleasant warm and dry classical cannabis smell. The stalks smell differently, more like rubber.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
A couple hermies with this line. High is euphoric but not quite out there enough for me. Just immature buds for now, when the plants mature it might change, doubt it.