What's new

Landrace Strains With Purple/Black/Grey (dark) Phenotypes, Suggestions??

African Pride

The pics......

Attachments

• dalat_16.jpg
    dalat_16.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 34
  • Dalat....jpg
    Dalat....jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 32
  • dalat_15.jpg
    dalat_15.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Dalat,,.jpg
    Dalat,,.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 42

African Pride

and the green pheno...

Attachments

• dalat 17 (3) [640x480].JPG
    dalat 17 (3) [640x480].JPG
    35 KB · Views: 43
  • vietna15.jpg
    vietna15.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 20-vie10.jpg
    20-vie10.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 33
  • dalat_10.jpg
    dalat_10.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 27
Hey brotha sorry no pics of these but Vietnam has a near black strain...I know simply as Viet Black...also there is rumored pheno/clone from Africa called Zombie Black...both are suppose to become dark purple and even blackish in colour.

The Durban you got...which breeder did you get it from? I've tried a few breeder's versions...I can't say what I think about one of them...but Dutch Passion is the only one that grew uniform and exactly like Durban is suppose to...the others were hybridized even though they claimed to be pure but when they start growing and showing variation its not a true pure land race that they claimed which is disappointing IMHO...honestly a lot of the land races you want you'll have to travel deep into the countries for...I need to plan out some trips to various parts of Central America to some far out villages...old school farmers and villages off the beaten path in Central America are the most likely to still have the pure goods since the invasion of the Cartels has muddied up those gene pools in order to get more yield and quicker harvests...also if ya got to Vietnam or those SE Asian countries hunting for land races be careful! They do have pretty strict laws out there...but there are some old Viet Vet's that didn't want to go back home so they went AWOL or MIA and stayed in that area...they make pretty good guides and know where to find the goodies your looking for...Africa...well haven't really figured out any other way to go to Africa besides go with a group, get armed once there then head out with a few guides/hunters and stay strapped just in case...

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
thanks a lot for that gemini i'll have to suss out those strains you mentioned and try and find them. durban poison was from afropips. i'm not too phased whether they're pure breeding or not, i'm after as much variance as i can get as i want to do all the selection later down the track and to do it best and have a lot of options i need less homogenous trait landraces. thanks for the advice about traveling, i really hope to do it and do it well once i finish with study. can't wait to hit up vietnam and the himilayas!

Well the reason for the non-uniformity is because its a hybrid and no longer a land race...so careful with which breeder you get them from...land races have low variation due to a "small" population over centuries...

Oh and I'm going to try and trade some of what I've got for some pure Oaxacan that a grower Im good with has...I'll try it outdoors in my new locale and let ya know how it goes...look into El Dorado...it leans more on the Oaxacan side of things...

Also HGS has Colombo, Panama and Acapulco crossed with a Widow...if you selectively bred them into themselves and only chose those that were land race dom. you could get those pretty close to the real deal. I just got some Acapulco Gold and a few other land races from a private breeder...gotta grow em out this year to see if they are real or not...hopefully its the real deal...been looking for these for sometime...

burningfire

Veteran
that's not true across the board, high variation ensures survivability, at least some phenotypic and genotypic variations are present amongst landraces, nature does not select one single specimen, it's much less discriminatory. A very cultivated landrace might offer some uniformity but when you deal with hash plants it's rare to see that much uniformity.

and if there happens to be some wild cannabis nearby, you might get a few wild looking plants in your seeds.

Latest posts

Latest posts