What's new

Landrace sativa Rojo from the mountains of Peru!!!

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Hola IC!!!

Seeds of this strain was collected from the mountains of Peru, I dont know the exact location. It is traditionally cultivated landrace sativa that the locals simply call Rojo. The buds I sample are from friends grow, Rojo had flowered four months. The buds are very fluffy, maybe because growed under artificial light.

I acquired these sample buds just after they were dry.

Rojo buds had this stinging citrus/lemony smell and had little citrus taste without any harshnes when smoked. I smoked good joint with my friend, who doesnt smoke that often. The result was that my friend enjoyed of his good high, while I didnt feel almost anything. Ok, maybe the same kind of feeling that you get after smoking grassjoint = almost nothing. This wasnt nothing because I have thought that she would need cure before she reveal true effects.

Now after an month cure: When I open the jar this magic citrus smell fills my nose. The aroma is still stinging but in a pleasant way. I smoked this Rojo joint about 30 min ago. The taste has improved very much and it has now pleasant citrus taste. You are starting feeling something after four puff´s. The high just comes and comes more and it seems to be all in the head with these energetic rushes.There aint no dizzines(?) or any kind of couchlocking siqns. The only effect I can feel in body is this pleasant state of brawns but I feel like I can run an marathon :yoinks: or not;) This is that kind of smoke that I really do appreciate. I feel this slightly pressure on my temples, I think that is good sign of smoking pure sativa.

1.5 hour after the joint I still got this nice buzz going. High is still energetic but somekind different. I still feel like I wanna move but at the same time it has relaxed my mind & body quite well. I am relaxed but not tired, this whole time I have feel that my eyes are fully concentraded. Huh, funny thing but it also happens often with other sativas.

Okay, three hours have passed and the high seems to slip away. I still got all this energy left and I feel that I am fully capable to go to work.

I usually smoke mixed joints of different strains, but this Rojo joint was very delightful surprise. I must thank British Hempire, because I think he talked on another thread that these landrace sativas seem to be weak without cure, but after cure they gonna show you their potency -> just like it happened now!!! Good think is also that I got 2 Rojo beans that I am going to pop after I have keep my: rid of mites -break!!! I have couple other interesting sativas to pop then and more is out there to come.

Thank you guys for watching the Herbalistic Show!!! :wave:

Last edited:

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Hola!!!

Here´s a summary from the last night Rojo smoking:

Strain: Rojo

Origin: Rojo is landrace sativa from Peru. It grows in high altitudes on mountains.

Appearence: Fluffy nugs, got that exotic sativa bud look. (9/10)

Smell: Rojo has this fascinating but complex citrus & lemony fragfrance. Very complex to describe and more complex for me, because English aint my native language. It is very unique aroma that I havent smelled never before in any other strain. (9/10 because it´s so unique & fascinating)

Taste: Once again, it has this complex citrus like taste, which is quite hard describe to me. Anyhow, taste is very nice with these citrus or lemon undertones. It doesnt taste too much, but the smoke aint harsh in any way. Hmm, let´s say it has very smooth taste and the smoke is so soft for your throat. (8/10)

High: Rojo started to show her effects after 3 puffs, after four puffs I clearly recognized the pressure that started to create this nice "pressure" on my eyes & temples. The high climbed about two hours and is very energetic and relax your brawns/muscles completely without feeling any couchlock effects. Like I wroted yesterday, after 3 hours of the smoke I was ready to go to work. The high lasted about three hours and just slipped away part by part, without any tireness, just all this energy was left & nice relaxed feeling. The high was amazing clear the whole time -> all in the head! (9/10)

Overall: I have to give Rojo 9 points out of ten. This was very delightful experience, I am so glad that I cured it one month before doing this smokereport. I think it would probably pick up more potency if cured another month or so. Unfortunately, I only have about gram left and I think I am probably going to smoke it next time I go to party, because it is the perfect party herb.

Thanks for the company guys & gals!!! I am going to do couple smokereports in near future and I would appreciate any comments/critics considering this smokereport.

zamalito

Veteran
Gorgeous, herbal! Did you get to visit peru by any chance? If you did I'm jealous. It's a beautiful country with amazing indigenous history. Dr. Carneiro has been working at this pre-incan site, chavin, where the incans engineered a stream that ran underground underneath the temple playing music as it flowed. I've been pressuring him to take me.

There's a peruvian skunk landrace I've been trying to trackdown since luiz told me about it 5 years ago. Anyways, its some very pretty flowers you have there.

Z10N

awesome report ! sounds really tastey and looks nice.
I love soaring trippy sativa highes that has no cieling :D
you are very right -sativas need at least a month (if not more) of good curing inorder to "brew" to perfection.

Z!0N

Real nice report herbal, beautiful buds there...realy exotic/sativa looking.

once again, a real nice detailed report.

hav a good smoke on me.

thanks for sharing.

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Hola!!!

Thank you guys/gals for your kind words. Really the thanks belong to the guy who grow the plant, I just did the report.

Zamalito: No, I didnt visit Peru. I was planning a trip to South America, but I have to freeze it till my boy is bigger. I wanna see him grow, childs grow in the eyes at their first years, so I dont wanna miss a moment.

I remember you talking about this Peruvian skunk landrace sativa. I must say that I feel these high altitude sativa strains offer you a very pleasant high, with complex & unique vibes!!!

After my break im gonna pop those two Rojo beans and hope the best that I get 1 male & 1 female, then I gonna make big back of seeds. Anyway it should do some nice hybrids with other potent & pure sativa.

It was nice to do this report and you can wait smoke report of purple Jock Horror & Power Plant. Zam, do you know the exact heritage of Power Plant? I am in the believe that it is selected South African -line, maybe an Durban -line :chin: Anyway, it is delicious :yummy:,

Here´s some Rojo shots for you guys:

Last edited:

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Hola!!!

Here´s a little clarification:

I got the info that the locals called this strain simply Rojo, but la mano negra made an correction that the name is Moño rojo. Thank you for the clarification, you really seem to know your sativas;)

Gracias la mano!!!

Last edited:

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
what i have heared when i was in Chile , is that the Peru Landraces were crossed with Skunk, so it aint no real landrace anymore , is it?

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
Thanks for the report Herbalistic!

Moppel,
I hardly could think that all there herb has been crossed with skunk and certainly not the pics being shown here....There ain't no skunk in those buds bro!Thats a blanket statement to make about the whole countries(peru) landraces....I'm SURE there are places there that have never heard, seen or even know what skunk is :)
I do have a hard time with the 9 out of 10 with the lighter high described but maybe thats just a personal preference thingy...
My sativas have to be very strong to give that high rating but maybe it takes Herbalistic where he wants to be....

Take care......................................CC

Last edited:

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Moppel, I really dont have any other info about strains growed in Peru. However, I agree with capitano that not all strains there have skunk in them. Rojo is undoubt very pure high altitude sativa, just see the structure, very fluffy, perfect for those mountain circumstances.

cpt.Crip: Rojo was very "pure"" and most intensive sativa high I have experienced in years.

The 9/10 aint about knockout potency, but it forms from the quality of high = very long lastng & intensive high, clear, but intensive & energetic! This is the kind of strain that I would use for sprititual purposes :yes:

All I can say is that its very powerfull strain after cure.

And with powerfull, I dont mean knockout/wasted potency, just the quality-/energetic-/menthal potency. Like I said, this strain really reveal powerfully it´s effects :yes:

Peace :wave:

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
I got cha....
It's also nice when you run into those unique odor flavors...
Take care..............CC

true

hola

hola

hola compadre is it not "Ponto Rojo" that your are talkin about??
I trayd to grow that in a near country to peru but I ****t that up I whas to young lol but I have smoket that allot of time if we are talkin about same weed..

saludos true

Last edited:

true

hola

hola

Btw Do you have some pix befor you chop it?..

Saludos vecino

Last edited:

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Hola True!!!

nice to have local here :yes:

So it´s Ponto Rojó? Nice to clarify that finally!!

Unfortunately I didnt grow the plants, so no plant pics....

Does this look like Pónto Rojó you smoke there?

Naun Briones

Here are a few "skunk peruano" shots, I prefer to call it "sativa peruana" to avoid confussions (as far as I know, in Peru they call skunk to any strong weed) there is no skunk in it for sure. This has truly one of the best sativa energetic high... that unmistakable citric smell just kills!

Latest posts

Latest posts