What's new

Landrace indica, where?

A

Afghanicus

Where can one obtain seeds from a pure unadulterated landrace indica from afghanistan, pakistan or hindu kush? I'm really interested in obtaining and preserving one of these but don't know where seeds can be obtained. Are there any seedbanks with the real thing? or do i have to go for a trip to the hindu kush myself?

just read a thread about afgani #1 from seedsman that says its exactly what your looking for but i have no idea if it really is pure. a search should find the thread.

I

indicalover

Hindu Kush from Sensi Seeds
Pine tar kush from Tom Hill
Deep Chunk

I believe that Hill Temple Collective and Breeders Choice will also be releasing land race and pure indica strains in the near future.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Space Ghost

deep chunk is the best current option imo, but tough to get your hands on seeds or a cut.

A

Afghanicus

ok thanks for the replies, i'm really determined to get my hands on one in the near future. Hopefully this isn't too hard a task. I'm really interested in conserving original genetics.

beancounter

Veteran
I haven't heard a ton of great stuff on Blue Hemps indicas.. from those that have grown em.. I did their Pakistani landrace and it was a fairly stretchy-hempy pure indica, if it was pure.. It looked like (and the other landrace lines i've seen from BH) they needed to be grown outside in natural sun to do well, or better..

I couldn't say for sure if they're bad lines tho, jus that i haven't seen alot of positive feedback from indoor growers.. fwiw

cannabiogen- taskenti IBL (lotsa good reports on this one from what i've seen)

reeferman should have a few (Chinese indica, highland and lowland afghani, Petrolia Headstash pure), but i can't vouch for any personally. i didn't have good success with Petrolia Headstash pure.. fwiw

If you can find Deep Chunk or PineTarKush on Seedbay from Tom's old stock.. not sure if there's any left..

Deep Chunk will be made avaliable again by 2 sources, HTC and BSC, I'm sure both are good, but Bub has more experience with the line than zamalito/HHF, altho DC is so good it probly doesn't matter..

PTK and other Tom work will be avaliable from BSC again to.. not sure of a time frame..

I will be making the PAKI IBL avaliable thru HTC in several months.. Maybe the HTIndica aswell, altho it's a cross of 2 dif afghani lines, it's still pretty original/pure..

Also, don't forget about Sunshine.. it's not a pure indica, but it's an IBL and has alot of nice indica traits..

patience is the key in the pure indica hunt right now.. I can personaly only vouch for DC, PAKI, and HTIndica, all excellent lines..

But, from other grower's experience I'd recomend taskenti and PTK fo sho.. and Sunshine for a nice indica dom IBL..

hazy

Veteran
maybe some soldiers are bringing some back from the WoT.

Last edited:

Goyakla

Well I grown Both Dark Kush and Lebanes Indica from Bluehemp inside.(400hps)
They did well both of them. Not a cashcrop but worth it imo.
Doing both out side this summer together with Chilla and they seem to like it a lot.
D.Kush is really relaxing, L. indica is defently couchlock.
Give them a try or go for Silverdream. Its a killer - smoked some from a friend.
WoooooW.

zamalito

Veteran
Like beancounter said, patience is key. Between Breeders Choice and Hill Temple Collective a hugely diverse array of pure landrace indicas will be released. The htc lines are very nice thorough precisely selected lines. The breeders for breeders choice are currently working on a very impressive array of direct from region landrace Indicas including both hindu kush and non-hindu kush afghan and pakistanis, north indians, and nepalese indicas all of which are pure indica with flowering times ranging from a short 7 weeks to an insanely long 17 weeks. Some of which should possess some interest in those looking to breed rks lines.

Last edited:
A

Afghanicus

Well I grown Both Dark Kush and Lebanes Indica from Bluehemp inside.(400hps)
They did well both of them. Not a cashcrop but worth it imo.
Doing both out side this summer together with Chilla and they seem to like it a lot.

Got any pics? i'd be really interested to see how they do outside as well. I'm only growing for personal use so cashcrop is not an issue for me :) Do you know where you can order bluehemp seeds?

G

Uzbekistani is available from Kannabia Seeds in Spain, I think its the Uzbeki used to make Cannabiogen's Tashkenti. You can also pick up a couple of pure indicas (Afghan Mango, Shirin Gol etc.) from Master Seeds. I can post links if you like.

The Bluehemp Dark Kush didn't perform well at all indoors for me and was very varied, I made a bunch of F2s and look forward to trying it outdoors sometime.

Goyakla

Sorry A. Not this time around.Didnt think of it.
But 2 things can be saidabout D.K. She is imo extremly relaxing and get reeaaal dark/blue the longer she flowers. Hard nuggets with a fine taste- fruty.
Smoked some after reading this - and its as they say "herbal Valium". :joint:
You cant find dealers in Uk or us/ca. We are talking EU.continent.
Googel and u shal find.
By the way grown Afgh. Mango, Shrin Gol (Pers. favorit), shrin Mango not from Master seeds - it is another seed.co. who makes them
Shrin Gol is a Tadjkistan Indica - imo better than Taskenti.
Afgh. Mango is excellent outside and youll get stoned to the bone.
S. Mango is a F1 cross and are less heavy than A. Mango.but still stony.
Hope it helps.
Peace and have a nice grow :lurk:

Rastatrue

Ask a Vet!

Ask a Vet!

Hey Now, It is Memorial weekend. Why not ask those brave men & women in Afhganistan to find some landrace indica. They haven't found Osama but you know they find dope everyday. I saying there are Germans,Americans, Brits, and anybody else they could shanghi into going there. I hate to think about it but the longer their there the harder it will be for them to say "fuck it" and start smoking what their stealing from the afgans.

Get real, as a civilian your not going anywhere near Hindu Kush looking for seeds. Uzbekistan? Yea, I'll just pop right over, anyone for golf? :joint: Ask a vet he'll be glad to help you out. Tell him it's good for PTS sickness. :yoinks:

beancounter

Veteran
Afghan Mango is a 'herbia' line, they also carried some other cool strains, but i haven't had a chance to try them yet.. I have "Bushman's" from herbia, it's supposed to be a 8-9 wk african sativa landrace.. I look forward to running her outside when i have the chance..

Goyalka, the person I know who grew Dark Kush got prolific nanners, and a very low yeild.. he said some phenos were ok, but some made him feel very 'gritty' and uncomfortable..

I really think anyone considering Blue Hemp's work should plan or try to only grow them outside.. FWIW

hazy

Veteran
Rastatrue said:
...Why not ask those brave men & women in Afhganistan to find some landrace indica.
I hate to think about it but the longer their there the harder it will be for them to say "fuck it" and start smoking what their stealing from the afgans.
Get real, as a civilian your not going anywhere near Hindu Kush looking for seeds.

:joint: yep Rastatrue
that's the way.
iraqi beans from one of our freedom-instilling-door-kick-ins from one of our boys by baghdad.

Last edited:

masterlow37

Veteran
What About World Wide Seeds @ GSAlien

What About World Wide Seeds @ GSAlien

Anyone tried these ?

Pakistan ~ 100% Indica
Afghan Kush ~ Almost 100% Indica
Ketama (Maroc) ~ 100% Indica
Brazil ~ 75% Indica

A

Afghanicus

i saw those strains as well on the world of seeds seedbank. I wonder if anyone has tried them. I'm curious about the brazil amazonian one they have as it says its an indica, i didn't know indicas were found in tropical regions.

zamalito

Veteran
Rastatrue, I disagree. Civilians can travel the hindu kush and afghanistan. I don't recommend it if you aren't familiar with the language customs and people of the region and aren't willing to make some sacrifices. However, mriko, a western european has travelled afghanistan and pakistan multiple times and may even be there now. Mriko is not only the most knowledgeable source of the subject of central asian cannabis I'm know of but has also recovered more landrace indicas than anyone except maybe sam.