What's new

Ladies Only (Loud Seeds & Female Seeds)

J

johndoe123

Some lovely plants in here mate.

Seen you mention Reserva's headband... RP's headband is a fine smoke... but it's really a case of dedicating the time and space to 6 plants and accepting that 3 or 4 of them might be a waste of light... not in smoke quality, but in vigor and yield.. some really weak plants amongst them.

Is the overall vigor of the Loud headband better than RP's? Any weak ones?

As for loud seeds.... I've never checked them out before I saw this grow but I had a little look at them last night. I like the way they sell their seeds. It's not "chocolate berry funk leave you on the floor gasping...." .... It's `this is how we went about making these, this is what other companies do and this is what we've done`... I like that. Look forward to seeing how these finish.

Thank you for the compliment :tiphat: Maybe its just the vertical growing but I had really good yields out of my RP Headband. I had 3 phenos that would give me a qp or better in 3 gallons of medium. I liked how viney the plants were and it made filling the canopy voids easy with proper training. I really didn't take the sucker branches out I wove them back into the canopy. When dealing with anything Sour you gotta be ready to train and selectively prune. Now with my current setup and not growing doughnuts of weed I worked this Loud Seeds Headband a little different. I put Bamboo stakes on corners of where her perimeter would be and built her a fence around her with my tie wire. More of just a place to rest her floppy branches as swelling happens. She would be a mess to tie up. I cut the inner out of the plant before hairs form and work the rest of the plant towards the 3 sides of light..
The vigor of the Headband is second to none she was a week behind in veg and tripled easily into my largest plant of the room. I expect a minimun of 20 zips off her. Loud Seeds took the clone only headband and selfed it for their version. RP is technically Sour Kush. The original clone only East Coast Headband is Chem 91 x Mass Super Skunk x Sensi Seed Northern Lights.

Looks like its go'n pretty dam smooth over here j.d123... Love'n this threw, nice job... The ladies are look'n lovely n luscious... Hey brother sorry if I've looked over it, but if u don't mind me ask'n... What soil/soilless medium r u use'n... -F.S

Thanks for stopping by! The ladies are pretty much on auto piolot aother weak feed or two and on to a flush. I am in 20 gallon Smart pots with maybe 15 gallons of medium in each the bottom 1/3 is 70/30 coco to perlite to aid with compaction and drainage. The top 2/3 is straight coco.

Work propa bro love the show!!
Just taste and smell miss^^

No worries bro somehow I have a feeling these might make it your way someday :)

J

johndoe123

gonna be some fire...love the Headband..Loud Seeds is everything you could expect out of a breeder....stellar meds...I am gonna get some to put in the vault...stuff has been excellent for me..DJXX

I here ya bro. You get what the description says. Great fems at a very reasonable price. I am going to stock up the vault with them also! My Loud Dreams are growing Louisville Sluggers!

papaduc

Veteran
Thank you for the compliment :tiphat: Maybe its just the vertical growing but I had really good yields out of my RP Headband. I had 3 phenos that would give me a qp or better in 3 gallons of medium. I liked how viney the plants were and it made filling the canopy voids easy with proper training. I really didn't take the sucker branches out I wove them back into the canopy. When dealing with anything Sour you gotta be ready to train and selectively prune.

Yeah headband is a perfect strain for vert. Long poles of bud. But some phenos in the RP pack, despite having the same long columnar structure, are just weak skinny plants. Healthy, but runty too. Some of them come out with that long pole bud structure, but with thick branches too. They're the ones you want.

These are my last ones

That was a few years ago now and I can't remember if I had as many weak phenos in the last pack, I know there were a couple, but in this one 3 or 4 out of the 6 aren't good enough.

I might give the loud version a go and see what they're like...

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
man you got a nice grow going there, looking great! I'm trying to score that RP headband.
i've been getting flowers from a FOAF for a while but no luck scoring the cut. I was shocked
at how much it tasted like the clone. great medicinal effects for me. I'm burning up one of my
last grams of it as I type this and my friend says 7-8 weeks before there's more. :(

your plants are cool, I love the indoor trees. what's the footprint you have
enclosed with the reflectix curtains? are you running all 5K full time now?

best wishes for a big harvest!

J

johndoe123

your plants are cool, I love the indoor trees. what's the footprint you have
enclosed with the reflectix curtains? are you running all 5K full time now?

best wishes for a big harvest!
Thank you for the compliment :tiphat:
The footprint of the room with the refletix curtain is close to 10x10 but the corners are at an angle to cut down wasted space so it's probably closer to 90sqf. The room is more of an octagon shape. I have had all 5 1000's on since week three of flower. I'll get a few more pictures in the coming days. I love a good tree grow also.

J

johndoe123

Yeah headband is a perfect strain for vert. Long poles of bud. But some phenos in the RP pack, despite having the same long columnar structure, are just weak skinny plants. Healthy, but runty too. Some of them come out with that long pole bud structure, but with thick branches too. They're the ones you want.

These are my last ones

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=49668&pictureid=1320352View Image https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=49668&pictureid=1172011View Image

That was a few years ago now and I can't remember if I had as many weak phenos in the last pack, I know there were a couple, but in this one 3 or 4 out of the 6 aren't good enough.

I might give the loud version a go and see what they're like...

That's some nice looking headband ya got there. I love the stone of headband. It is some of the best medicine for me.... I really hope the loud dreams turns out great. These plants have it all going for them. Huge long running colas with the think stem to back them up. I had to be careful super cropping her though in early flower as the stems were kinda hollow.

papaduc

Veteran
Cheers mate

To this day, out of all the strains I've grown from seed, RP's headband is still as good as anything else I've smoked. It's just full bodied thick hashy niceness... gotta love that stuff. Looking forward to seeing how you think the loud compares :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts