What's new

Ladies, help a young lover choose a Christmas gift!

Y

yoinker

Alright, so here's a little bit of a backstory:

I am a young man (~20) who has had a very long term, very weathered relationship. We had a LOT of trouble that caused a LOT more trouble, and still seems to be lingering :wallbash: But my love for this girl pushed us through, and her love for me kept us there. We;ve both made our mistakes, we've both had our shining spots, we've both felt every emotion on the spectrum when it comes to this relationship. Things have been really coming to a point where we have both finally just realized that we both love each other. We are both coming to realize that the stupid little things don't really matter all that much. Things are really coming together and we have been realizing that, as cliche` as it sounds, our unrelenting love for each other is all that really matters. I love this girl, with my everything...unconditionally. I always have.

Now, when the relationship started we we're like 14-15 ish...We got each other gifts and such, but they were age appropriate. A sweatshirt and some cologne for me, and a cheap piece of jewelry for her - things like that. Now although we do always exchange presents, we haven't always exactly been on civil terms when the gift giving seasons are around :fsu: So its probably been a good year or two at least since we've exchanged gifts.

I'm lookin' to do this one right :woohoo: She has always been especially partial to Claddagh rings. She's wanted a "real" (yeah, real EXPENSIVE) one for a very long time. So I am pretty much settled on that! So what does this young lover need help with you may be asking...I have TERRIBLE taste in jewelry. I can never seem to pick the ones that girls like, I can never seem to point out the ones that end up getting bought, I just have a different taste I suppose. I need all you stoner chicks to help me pick out a good Claddagh ring for my baby girl :)

PS - Her birthday is in July (for any of you that advise a birthstone in the ring is the way to go), and she likes silver over gold...although now that I think of it, I'm not sure where white gold fits in so I'll have to sneakily ask :nanana:

Links, discussion, general advice, ANYTHING REALLY would be greatly appreciated!

T

TrichyTrichy

You should make it yourself. :) It would be so special to her that it will be treasured forever.
It's easier than you think to source the materials..

T

TrichyTrichy

check out about . com and look at the entries for jewelry making. The pictures of the step by step will motivate you.

OrganicMeds

picture.php

Try this one, It's white gold and a steal at only $$2,750.00 us

14k Ladies White Gold Cluster Birthstone Diamond Claddagh Ring - Surrounding Diamonds total Carat =0.30cts, Center Diamond 0.25cts, The Center diamond is a "H" Color and "SI" Clarity - Max Width 12.7mm

Trillion

Alright mate, im 20 also been with mine for over 3 years and like you we havent always gotten along at this seasonal time. We now live together as she no longer talks to her parents, we are closer than ever and to be honest her prick of a father was the cause of much of our problems even encouraging her to leave me for some rich eurotrash c**t about two years ago (only lasted a month). To be honest as long as its something pretty and feminine they're always happy, lacy knickers (expensive ones though think agent proveceteur not M&S or if your in america la perla not victorias secret) are always a winner seems ridicolous to us to pay £60 for a pair of smalls but its worth every penny. I found her a really nice aquamarine, gold and diamond(tiny diamonds but they still love it!) ring for about $80 at a jewellry outlet store in cali, she loved it. Something like this:
http://www.diamonds.uk.com/0.70ct-A...iamonds-Ring-item-10793.html?referrer=froogle

Heres a really sneaky tip, put on the shopping channel (qvc or whatever) when the jewellry segment comes on and gauge her reaction to various rings, ask her what she likes and dislikes about each one and try to incoroprate those into one item.

Y

yoinker

hahaha yoinker!! ....we just posted the same ring! lol

:yoinks: Haha yes I really seem to like the simpler rings. Idk, to me rings with a lot of details seem to just mush together.

"Heres a really sneaky tip, put on the shopping channel (qvc or whatever) when the jewellry segment comes on and gauge her reaction to various rings, ask her what she likes and dislikes about each one and try to incoroprate those into one item"
-Trillion

HAHA! LOVE that idea. I must try it out.

Y

yoinker

So I am also looking to possible inscribe the ring with something...:joint:

I decided since its going to be a Claddagh ring, Gaelic would be more than appropriate.

Here's one I've got so far:

Cuisle mo chroí: Pulse of my heart

Last edited:

Barney Fife

Damn I dont expect shit for christmas, cuz I usually never get anything. Just another day to me. I hope you put a smile on her face! Simple can be good, I wouldnt spend a buttload of cash on a christmas present.

M

MrsEvlme2

Know the feeling Barney. If you don't expect something you won't be disappointed when you get just that.
Nice ring Organic. Wish I was Irish. :)

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
if U really wanna make her U'r..z....forever.........1. change U'r childish self indulgences......into relationship endeavours.......2. always......do what U say and say what U do.......keep U'r word.......a man is ONLY as good as his woord.......3. too show U care.....itz ALL about the simple thangz......the often missed, taken for granted......everyday casual.....moments of grandure........to share and share alike...........

and as for a gift........buy the REAL ring........propose......
time to be a man and get hooked UP on a more longterm commitment.......

as her to marry U............engagment ring in hand........
and do it w/ the utmost of sincerity......and well timed behavior....

goodluck........my wife made me a better man........everyday......
YB

Croissant

just get a simple gold band with something thoughtfull engraved into it.

Diamonds are bullshit they represent oppression, war, misery, neocolonialism, propaganda and consumerism.

Y

yoinker

if U really wanna make her U'r..z....forever.........1. change U'r childish self indulgences......into relationship endeavours.......2. always......do what U say and say what U do.......keep U'r word.......a man is ONLY as good as his woord.......3. too show U care.....itz ALL about the simple thangz......the often missed, taken for granted......everyday casual.....moments of grandure........to share and share alike...........

and as for a gift........buy the REAL ring........propose......
time to be a man and get hooked UP on a more longterm commitment.......

as her to marry U............engagment ring in hand........
and do it w/ the utmost of sincerity......and well timed behavior....

goodluck........my wife made me a better man........everyday......
YB

Alright, not to come off rude, but how in the hell are you going to call me childish with that prime showing of intelligence?

grapeman

Veteran
Women want to know you love them. They confuse long sessions of oral sex with love.

So the perfect gift.