What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Labtec's Vertical Madness

L

LouDog420

Took a bit, but I've found ya now :tiphat:

Tagged waiting for those ladies to explode

G

GMax

Is the probe on your temp sensor made metal like on the http://www.sunlightsupply.com/p-11540-ecoplus-large-display-thermhygrometer.aspx
or at least white. The black ones are always way off. What work real awsome is laser temp guns and you can ready leaf temps

crappy black one showing 90+ when real temp is 77

lol i have that exact same crappy meter and it has been reading 85+ when it feels pretty cool. here i am thinking i need to buy a more expensive AC $$$ when all i prob need is better than $8 meter ha

your setup looks awesome labtec!! definately look into a irrigation setup, anything that makes life easier is worth the investment

keep up the good work

labtec

Hopefully you're right Durdy, tons of Dank would be awesome.

Loudog, thanks for stopping by.

Danks Laylow, Love your stuff.

Yeah Gmax, an irrigation system is definitely next on the list. Something that I can put some thick water through. Definitely not going to be drippers then.

Well I made some soil tonight. Here's what I make at a time because it calls for exactly one bag of earthworm castings. I use just LC's Mix 1 for germinating seeds and for clones.

This makes @ 5 cubic Ft (32.5 gallons)

LC's Mix 1:

65 dry quarts of peat moss
40 dry quarts of Perlite
1 Cubic Ft of Earthworm Castings(1 Bag of Down to Earth Earthworm Castings)
5 Cups of Powdered Dolomite Lime

LC's Recipe 1:

5 cups of Bone Meal
2 1/2 Cups of Blood Meal
2 1/2 Cups of Kelp Meal
2 1/2 Cups of Jersey Greensand

End Result

And this is what I water in with every watering. 4 TBSP of Down to Earth Liquid Compost and 1 TBSP of Roots Organic Trinity per gallon.

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
Glad to see this design back in action labtec!

Have you thought about trying out the blumats? Donk's drippers look great too and he sure knows how to use them, but I would think the blumats would work better with your soil mix. Higher yeilds from not moving the plants around and more frequent feedings. Less physical work and no mechanical parts. Apparently the product 'Drip Clean' works wonders at keeping irrigation lines free from clogs and many seem to get by just running straight water through the system once a week or so.

Have ya flipped em yet? Can't remember where I read this on the farm, but supposedly if you keep the girls close to the vert light as possible and slowly move them further back as they stretch, it encourages them to naturally branch out the cola branches more so ya can better move them to where ya want em. Simple enough to maybe try with a plant or two for comparison.. for the sake of madness =] (madness a.k.a. cat's curiosity)

labtec

Hey catman, thanks for stopping by. I am kind of dreaming about getting some blumats for the garden. I plan on using some thick compost teas and maybe some guano mixes, so I think those might end up getting too thick for the blumats. We'll see though, I might just have to go with them. As for the drip-clean, I remember reading somewhere that it's not good to use if you're rocking organic amendments. Good call on the plant training, I'll give it a shot.

Danks unthing, stay tuned.

I recently popped 5 gn c99 f2 seeds and some freebies(5 Sam the Skunkman Mixed seeds X Haze/Skunk #1) that I got with them. I started germinating them on thursday(7-21), threw them in the soil after they popped open the next day, and they broke the surface this morning. So under 72 hours for 7 of the 10. The others are following quickly. Here is a picture of the 10 seedlings and also the 25 clones I took this afternoon(4XLemon Purps,4XPure Kush, 8XSuper Lemon Haze #1,9XSuper Lemon Haze #2).

Here are the C99's at 3 days:

And the Sam the Skunkman Mixed Seeds X Haze/Skunk #1:

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Labtec;

I think you can run Drip-Clean even in an organic media, he'll I run it in Co-Co and I am NOT running any drip lines, I just like it to help clean out the salt buildups and it has literally changed my grow from so-so to " holy cow"! LOL

Enjoying following your grow mate, it's a belter!

L

laylow

lab what soil mix have you potted them babys into? i started some seeds in soil to try and organic'ish mix just adding water through blumats... not sorted my final soil mix out yet..

labtec

Hey megayields, I think I read that the drip-clean kills the micro-herd, or is not good for it. When I was running PBP(pure blend pro) I was thinking about running it, but I was broke at the time.

Anti, danks.

Hey laylow, I'm using LC's Mix 1 with Recipe 1. If you go up a few posts I show what I put in to my soil. I show how I make about 30-35 gallons of soil. I seriously love this soil mix. Haven't had any problems with it at all. I started to reuse my soil as well, as it gets better every time, and I don't have to dump used soil. The only thing you have to do is to use a bigger pot than you normally do, so if you are used to using a 3 gallon, use a 5 gallon. I can't stop talking about this soil to my friends.hehe. I think they are starting to get a little annoyed. :)

labtec

oops, sorry laylow, missed the fact that you asked about my seedmix. I use just LC's mix 1 for soil, so just peat,perlite,ewc,& dolomite lime. Post # 45 of this thread shows what I do.

L

laylow

i did see your mix just wasnt sure if you put the babys straight into it... :D

looking up at post 45 now cheers :pimp3:

labtec

Danks for stopping by laylow, hope you get some ideas on that mix, it works awesome for me.

Stagger, we're going to have some dank C99 very soon :)

Little picture update of the last day before I give them their first 12 hours of darkness.

D

Durdy

Looking beautiful!

Are you at all worried about running out of headroom with the plants on the bottom?

Last edited:

labtec

Looking beautiful!

Are you at all worried about running out of headroom with the plants on the bottom?

Danks for stopping by durdy. I'm actually starting to train the tops of those plants on the bottom level. I'm going to have them just grow as tall as they can, and hopefully they will cover the pots on the second layer so that my canopy has as much covered with buds as possible. Of the 6 on the bottom level, 4 stretch pretty good in flower, and the other two not so much(pure kush). I might have to lift the two pure kushes up a little bit when I raise the lights.

D

Durdy

Cool man, looks like it's gonna be an exciting grow! haha I love the two pictures above, they make it look as though you have three shelves in there!!

I can't wait to give vert another try, happening this fall!

peace :)