What's new

Lab tests of schwag

wisco61

The Schwag Report
Volume One
By: Dan Tomaski, Owner of Northern Laboratory Services

‘Brickweed’, ‘dirtweed’, ‘the dirty brown’, ‘commercial’, ‘regs’; everyone has their term to describe
what is commonly known as ‘schwag’. Schwag is normally low quality, compressed, mass produced,
cannabis sold by drug cartels. Some of it is grown domestically, and some of it is imported. Almost
none of it is suitable for medical use, and may even be dangerous to life and health, especially to those
already weakened by a debilitating medical condition.

I own and operate Northern Laboratory Services, a medical cannabis purity and potency testing
laboratory based in Gaylord, MI. We use a dual column Gas Chromatograph equipped with a Flame
Ionization Detector and Electron Capture Detector. This equipment allows us to determine the potency
and purity of medical cannabis. We test for three major cannabinoids – THC, CBD, and CBN – and 6
major pesticides – Fipronil, Bifenthrin, Cyalothrin, Cyfluthrin, Permethrins, and Cypermethrins.

We recently decided to acquire samples of some of this cartel schwag as a fact finding exercise with the
hopes of educating patients, legislators, and the public about what is in this cartel product, and what
some patients are going to be forced back into using if the Michigan Legislature and Courts decide to
gut our 2008 voter initiated amendment to the Michigan State Constitution allowing for medical use of
marijuana by qualifying patients. This law also allows caregivers or patients to grow medicine
themselves, so they no longer have to rely on sub-standard cartel product and risk life and limb to
acquire it from a street dealer. Now it seems, with the recent court of appeals ruling closing down many
‘pot shops’ around the state combined with a severe shortage of quality caregivers, some patients are
going to be forced back into using this black market poison.

We tested four different samples of cartel product from around the state, two from the Metro Detroit
area and two from the Northern Lower Peninsula. These samples proved to be very low potency, had
lots of visual contaminants like mold, and dirt, suspected insect droppings, along with other
unidentified contaminants, and were loaded with pesticides. For reference, spinach has a federal
tolerance of 20 ppm of Permethrins, 14 ppm of Cypermethrins, and 7 ppm of beta-Cyfluthrin.
Common pesticides containing these chemicals are Raid Yard Guard, Spectracide 3X Insect Control,
and Raid Concentrated Deep Reach Fogger. Seems like the samples with the highest levels of what we
suspect to be insect droppings also had the highest levels of pesticide. The results are listed below:

http://northernlabservices.com/uploads/The_Schwag_Report.pdf

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm not surprise as well. We did call it dirt weed after all. I can happily say I have not smoke that crap in 25 years.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
thanks for posting this. I was always curious about the true #s and %s.

funkervogt

donut engineer
Veteran
Under a visual exam, we found evidence of mold and what appeared to be dirt or insect fecal particles in at least two of the four samples.

Man, what is in this shit, man?
Mostly Maui Waui man, but it's got some Labrador in it.
What's Labrador?
It's dog shit.
What?
Yeah, my dog ate my stash, man.
Yeah?
I had it on the table and the little motherfucker ate it, man. Then I had to follow him around with a little baggie for three days, man, before I got it back. Really blew the dog's mind, ya know?
You mean we're smokin' dog shit, man?
Gets ya high, don't it?
I think it's even better than before, you know?
Uhhh, I wonder what Great Dane tastes like, man.

cheech-chong1.jpg

Breakover

Greetings all. Dan from Northern Lab Services here.

Thank you for posting this wisco! :thank you:

Mold, pesticides, insect dung, etc.

Makes you wanna go down to Mr. Dirtbag Streetcorner and buy some regs, doesn't it?

:puke:

Great thread you could make a pamphlet out of this showing the public the real dangers of prohibition. Here is a segment from a documentary on Alcohol Prohibition that aired on the History Channel. Fast forward to 4 and half minutes in and listen to all the additives that were added to moonshine during prohibition! We are literally seeing history just keep repeating itself. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APvzeupK6wk&NR=1

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
Just say no to Schwag!

Good thread sir. Thanks for educating our members

None of this testing should be a surprise to anyone. What does surprise me is they didn't find other chemicals. Schwag is transported with the emphasis on getting it into the country, not quality. It is compressed wet, forced into tires, hidden in fuel tanks and god know where else.

Mexican weed is great if you know someone and get it from the farmer. Many farmer do not have chemical to fight bug.

When it is imported it is in the hands of the gangsters. They could care less about the health of the end user.

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
Excellent report!

I have had some amazing commercial products from imports, with zero to very little contaminants, but those days seem to be gone as the war on growers goes on and on in the Country of Origin.

Test #2 should contain samples from around the country, coast to coast, to get a better idea of where the worst and best commercial cannabis is coming from. You know if you did that you could probably figure out where the origin of cannabis is coming from and who is producing it.

Looks can be deceiving!!! I did get some really good import 1 time, that didnt seem that bad at all, it was a large 1 lbs pressed brick, very green, and high quality, smooth taste, no evidence of mold- bugs- unidentifiable items. BUT!!! AFTER ME AND MY FRIENDS WERE SMOKING ON THE 1 END OF THAT BRICK FOR 4 DAYS!!! I DECIDED TO BREAK OPEN THAT BRICK TO FIND THE BEST UNSEEDED BUDS AND IN THE VERY CENTER I FOUND SOMETHING THAT TO THIS DAY HAUNTS ME!!!! A DECOMPOSED DEAD SMALL BABY HUMMING BIRD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PERFECTLY PRESERVED IN THE PRESSED BRICK, YOU COULD SEE AROUND THE BIRD WHERE THE ROTTING JUICES HAD LEAKED INTO THE WEED CHANGING IT COLORS, LIKE DARK VEINS INTO THE WEED. I WANTED TO PUKE MY GUTS OUT!!! :puke:

Be careful of what you find on the commercial market, 100% Organic / Contaminant free for me or it gets the BOOT!

SGS

Sour Deez

Ive seen something where border patrol found a shitload of weed in the gas tank of this truck. Each brick was wrapped up then placed in individual bags, well i think almost every bag on gas in it when they were taking it out. They were still wrapped with plastic, but the fact they were just bathing in gas since the bag didnt keep it out was nasty to me.

I do love the fuely diesel smell on my buds tho :D

I still think they tested higher in thc then i thought, MI must have some good schwag cause the stuff around me is negative thc, no joke, it takes your high away.

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
When I have smoked American Scwhag It smelled like garbage burning. My mind wanders over all the things that must create that smell. There are stories of gangster urinating on bales of schwag and laughing about the dumb Americans smoking it.

If you would not eat in an unclean restaurant how could you smoke something of such questionable origin? Buds should be fresh and cared for before I ingest. I prefer to smoke only my own, but that is not practical or sociable. But I refuse to smoke compressed. I would rather do without. I draw that line.

NotaProfessor

Yeah... about 2 years ago, when my virgin crop was receiving various forms of abuse in my cabinet, I bought my last bag of schwag. I thought I was going to vomit every time I inhaled. Literally gagging on the shit.
I used to smoke schwag by the brick and kept a quarter oz as a reminder of why I started growing. Every now and then I pull it out and smell it. No weed smell, just dirt. Damn, how I ever smoked that stuff is (now) beyond my comprehension.

Bringing it back on-topic: I remember the days of paraquat-dosed weed and eyeing up bags wondering if I was getting a fistful of chemicals with my ganja.

I'm grateful for Northern Lab's inquisitiveness and providing these analyses. Though it may not help me directly, it sheds light on an unknown, which in my opinion is always good.

anikas88

whats sad is i hear of "medical" growers always spraying avid,forbid, and other systematic pesticides in their crop. (late season) Im a medical patient and will not deal with several caregivers after seeing their pesticide regimen.