What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LA CON. / KOSHER KUSH

everything looks good m80, they bushing out nicely.
i like to bend and bruise during the first few weeks of flower, to help control the stretch .
seems to work better on some strains more than others.

you gonna have a fun filled xmas and new year.

im along for the ride, if thats cool:dance013:

:tiphat:

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
everything looks good m80, they bushing out nicely.
i like to bend and bruise during the first few weeks of flower, to help control the stretch .
seems to work better on some strains more than others.

you gonna have a fun filled xmas and new year.

im along for the ride, if thats cool:dance013:

:tiphat:

Right on. It's day 5 and it's about 2 hours from when the lights go out. This pic is from about 20 minutes ago. They are really starting to fill in. I am hoping to get better results this time using coco then before doing hydro. Using 5 gallon buckets and always having ph issues
Bit now I can ph water before adding right where the ph needs to be. Between 5.8 and 6.2

Attachments

• 20151119_040324.jpg
    20151119_040324.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 14

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Two strains I love, the Kosher, and LA Conf. Looking killer man. Kosher is my #2 favorite OG in seed form, behind the Karma OG x Biker Kush plants I have. The LA cut I used to run made some of the densest, most white buds I have grown. Taste's awesome, and packs some serious punch.

Your gonna be loving yourself come harvest time, for picking these two strains to run. Did you clone them? If not I would suggest you do, I can almost gurantee 100% your gonna wanna run them again.:tiphat:

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
Two strains I love, the Kosher, and LA Conf. Looking killer man. Kosher is my #2 favorite OG in seed form, behind the Karma OG x Biker Kush plants I have. The LA cut I used to run made some of the densest, most white buds I have grown. Taste's awesome, and packs some serious punch.

Your gonna be loving yourself come harvest time, for picking these two strains to run. Did you clone them? If not I would suggest you do, I can almost gurantee 100% your gonna wanna run them again.:tiphat:

No I haven't taken any clones yet. I don't know. I want to take clones I just have to go get a dome for the clones. I am just starting out again and I don't have my cline tray due to getting rid of it when I move out of state back in 2011. Moved to a state that wasn't legal to grow medically. So now I am back in a state where you can grow medically so now I am re starting. So I need a dome and some plugs and I will be ready to go.
I like the way the kosher kush is staying short not to much stretch.

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
Alright I am on day 6 of flower and still not much to see. I would say with in a week there should be a noticeable difference. I haven't added any bloom boosters yet. Any thoughts on what to use. Back to I know this is a soil thread I hope someone can give me advice on a bloom booster for coco.
I have done some reading and so far I have found that big bud coco is suppose to be good. Has any one used bi bud before and what kind of results did you get.

Attachments

• 20151120_033918.jpg
    20151120_033918.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 20151120_033834.jpg
    20151120_033834.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 11

nonstop

i ve used it , its not bad , but its chemical. Have you thought of going the organic way? Taste and smell are better, that's my opinion , others say that's not true.

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
i ve used it , its not bad , but its chemical. Have you thought of going the organic way? Taste and smell are better, that's my opinion , others say that's not true.

The thing is I am growing in coco and I have to use stuff that is for coco

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
Day 7 of flower still not much going on just bushing out and getting taller.

Attachments

• 20151120_215636.jpg
    20151120_215636.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 11

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
Day 8 of flower. Starting to bush out nicely. Waiting for the show to start.

Attachments

• 20151121_191844.jpg
    20151121_191844.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 13

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
Here are some more photos from day 8. Everything is going good. I have been hand feeding once a day so far. I mix my nutrients and let them bubble for 24 hours. Adjust the ph down between 5.8 - 6.2. I know if I was actually doing soil I would have to have the ph higher. Everything is nice and green and filling in. Well I should be thinking of a bud booster here because I should as of now be adding additives. They show on the feeding schedule that after the first week of flower you can start to add big bud coco. I am sure everyone knows now that I am growing in coco. So that's why I need to have big bud for coco. I am ready to add in my co2 but my only concern is I don't have a tester for co2. I don't want to give them to much and damage them. Any suggestions on how much to apply. I have the one that attaches to the tank and has a little dial knob on it. Also has a plastic tube with a little ball that flows up with the amount of flow you are using of co2. So any help would be much appreciated. I don't have the money to buy a co2 controller I know that would do it all. But that will come in time. Been out of the game for about 4 years. So I have to start all over again. But I will get there.

Attachments

• 20151122_053150.jpg
    20151122_053150.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 15
  • 20151122_053208.jpg
    20151122_053208.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 20151122_053159.jpg
    20151122_053159.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 11

Buddyy

Ganjagrower, I wish you all the best in your growing...I would like to share my experience with you. I have grown hydro, hempy bucket and soil/less mixes, indoors and outdoors 20 yrs.
Just 2 years ago I was growing in bagged soil mixes and using the biobizz line for fertilisers.....so just growing in sterile soil and using fertilizers of organic origin....it's what some people call organically grown, but I beg to differ.
Then I started reading the organic soil section here on ic mag especially the legendary 'recycled organic living soil' thread...all 526 pages, twice and the best gardening book 'The Organic Gardeners Guide to the Soil Food Web'. and now I grow in living soil and I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER WITH THE RESULTS....
Since growing in living soil my plants are so much healthier. Creating a living soil is a process. ...but it is well worth it. This whole concept of buying bagged soil/coco etc and then throwing it out after each use is RIDICULOUS!. We are all VICTIMS OF MARKETING. The bottled 'NUTES' are HORRIBLY OVERPRICED, we are being RIPPED OFF BIG TIME! Not to mention the detrimental effect all this is having on the environment.
Living soil is the future. Your plants will be so healthy and happy. NO more nute deficiencies, no more PM because the plants are so healthy they have immune systems.
Growing weed is a lifestyle and a life philosophy, not a get rich quick scheme. Ditch the coco and F*&#K the CO2...it is a waste of time and money. A healthy soil is the foundation to healthy plants. Go build some living soil. If you are city/apartment living you need to find thermal compost and a worm guy for vermicompost. and read the book and thread mentioned above....it will change your grow and in turn change your life but you must open yourself to the idea and have a paradigm shift. Don't be scared to get your hands dirty and do some real gardening, like make a compost and have a worm bin going. No more ph meters, no more bottle nutes, no more BS!!!! just real life gardening.
Good Luck

Last edited:

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
Ganjagrower, I wish you all the best in your growing...I would like to share my experience with you. I have grown hydro, hempy bucket and soil/less mixes, indoors and outdoors 20 yrs.
Just 2 years ago I was growing in bagged soil mixes and using the biobizz line for fertilisers.....so just growing in sterile soil and using fertilizers of organic origin....it's what some people call organically grown, but I beg to differ.
Then I started reading the organic soil section here on ic mag especially the legendary 'recycled organic living soil' thread...all 526 pages, twice and the best gardening book 'The Organic Gardeners Guide to the Soil Food Web'. and now I grow in living soil and I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER WITH THE RESULTS....
Since growing in living soil my plants are so much healthier. Creating a living soil is a process. ...but it is well worth it. This whole concept of buying bagged soil/coco etc and then throwing it out after each use is RIDICULOUS!. We are all VICTIMS OF MARKETING. The bottled 'NUTES' are HORRIBLY OVERPRICED, we are being RIPPED OFF BIG TIME! Not to mention the detrimental effect all this is having on the environment.
Living soil is the future. Your plants will be so healthy and happy. NO more nute deficiencies, no more PM because the plants are so healthy they have immune systems.
Growing weed is a lifestyle and a life philosophy, not a get rich quick scheme. Ditch the coco and F*&#K the CO2...it is a waste of time and money. A healthy soil is the foundation to healthy plants. Go build some living soil. If you are city/apartment living you need to find thermal compost and a worm guy for vermicompost. and read the book and thread mentioned above....it will change your grow and in turn change your life but you must open yourself to the idea and have a paradigm shift. Don't be scared to get your hands dirty and do some real gardening, like make a compost and have a worm bin going. No more ph meters, no more bottle nutes, no more BS!!!! just real life gardening.
Good Luck

I hear you on change. But I know already how to do what I am doing. This is something new I have tried I usually do hydro. I was going to do a soil grow and I was told I wanted to use coco. So low and behold I did no research on coco before I bought it. Not knowing you need coco specific nutrients. Had some issues in beginning. Deficiencys with using gh 3 part nutrients. So that's when I read and changed to jungle juice for coco. So I will give this a try and see if coco gives me and better results then hydro. I always had ph issues when I was using 5 gallon buckets in hydro. Then I switched to a smaller one as well still had ph issues. Now I mix my nutrients 24 hours ahead of time so I have the ph where it needs to be.
But thanks for the input. Keep it coming....

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
Can the air get to the downsite of the pots? Don't water to much, wait few days between watering

Yes I have a fan blowing through the branches of the plants. And I also have an intake fan blowing through the plants as well so fresh and recirculating air. I think I have that part covered.

Buddyy

Hey Ganjagrower, I have no doubt that you know what you are doing. There is a better way. That way is growing in a living soil. It has so many advantages over hydro or coco I don't know where to begin. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink....if you ever decide to go the path of living soil reading the 'recycled organic living soil' thread in the organic soil section of ic mag is a great place to start and IMO the best thread on here.
peace

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
Hey Ganjagrower, I have no doubt that you know what you are doing. There is a better way. That way is growing in a living soil. It has so many advantages over hydro or coco I don't know where to begin. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink....if you ever decide to go the path of living soil reading the 'recycled organic living soil' thread in the organic soil section of ic mag is a great place to start and IMO the best thread on here.
peace

Thanks for the input. Greatly appreciated. This coco is new to me. So if I get different results then last time I will stay with it. If not I will change it up.

shegrows

Take a look at my coco thread i made, there you can see the ph and ec level you have to use! I grow in coco, coco is better than soil i mean, you get more weed and you can see how it get bigger.. but you have to wait when you plant the babys in the coco befor you watering every day, they havent rootet enought, you have to start slowly then they explode