What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ky outdoor auto grow? Need some help

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Hey guys, i'm running a few plots guerilla style here in the South East Ky Appalachians as of now, have around 19 plots out. I have never really ran any autoflowers, which is what this post is my concern. I am fixing to order 40 feminized autos and run them all outdoor in probably 3 to 4 gallon containers, will be able to water when needed. I figure if I have them germinated and true leaves showing by August 1st then I can finish them off. I personally have never grown an auto flowering strain.

We don't get our first frost till around November 1st through the 10th. So that should give me plenty of time to finish them off.

But, I do have concerns about this grow. For one, I know people usually choose autos for indoors or for Northern climate grows with lots of day length hours. Here the day length hours are currently 14 hours and 18 minutes. By August 15th they will be around 13 and half hours. Is this going to pose a problem?

I am located at 36 latitude far East Ky.

Really in my brainstorm about doing a late run I found three options.

1) Order autoflower seeds and have them sprouted by August 1st. Keep them under 24 or 18/6 lighting for the first two weeks, then move to the outdoors around mid August.

2) Order regular feminized photoperiod seeds and start the same giving a couple weeks veg under lighting then move to outdoors.

or 3) Order half auto/half photo and compare the two for experience to fall back on for next year.

I kind of feel like the autos would give a larger yield at this time of the year compared to the photos, which I may be wrong. I am expecting at least an ounce per plant, so which ever method will give me the biggest yield I will more than likely choose that route. Hope someone with some experience can help me so I can spend my money wisely. :tiphat:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
or 3) Order half auto/half photo and compare the two for experience to fall back on for next year.

A bit too late for experiments if doing both auto AND photoperiod.

Just do autos. Good soil, added perlite, amendments in bloom cycle. If started Aug 1st or there abouts, most should finish early Nov.

Just grow for experience in remaining time you have. Concentrate on yield the next grow.

Can be directly sown into soil rather than artificial light, then transplant. That just adds another could-be problem...dropping, acclimation, etc.

Good luck!!