What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

KungPOW!!! makes a FLIP/FLOP

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
For running with digital ballasts, and needing to power off the ballast for a few minutes when the relays flip - what type of timer can shut off the ballast for 5 minutes 2x per day?
how much do they cost?

just thinking it might be easier to just buy another ballast...

No answers ?

Run a digital multi channel timer to control everything ?

The saving on bulbs alone makes digis worthwhile, solving the flip flop problem would be nice.

hvac guy

That would be an easy build, just need to know exactly how many lights per the 3 rooms, you'll need a loadcenter to power off and on each ballast before it switches between the 2 lights.

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
That is just a fancy 110v 16amp timer.
A ballast at 110v is usually about 10A.

IMO, no.

growshopfrank

Veteran
that timer would be ok to control the relay that actually does the flip
try a search on ebay DPDT relay 600V look for one with 120v control

ginnz

ok, thanks, well i ordered the relays i need( same as the OP posted), and ill get the rest of the stuff needed this week, I have a couple of T101 timers, and could use one of them. I can see how it all wires up in the first post, but i still cant see how the timer works in all of this! can someone draw up a simple schematic of how the timer hooks up in all of this? im sure its simple but i just cant see it!

Latest posts

Latest posts