What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Krusty aka Freeddome Buckets

DiscoDuck

"Gentlemen...I appreciate the time you've taken to post(if your post was at least half-way positive)....but if I wanted to do DWC....I would have searched for DWC."

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
Funkyskunk said:
i get a laugh out a peeps that say this sytem is hard to use, or problematic.

every system has pro's and con's.
even an a ebb and flow can sring a leak. just more water to spill out when it does happen.
it is up to each individual to choose what will work for them.
somtimes, roomsize plays a factor in deciding what style to run. many factors. the smart person will choose a style that fits their needs, and supply's them with the right amount of meds.

i have used the KBS for years aslo, and only have had problems wheni was a newbie too afraid to ask questions.

fs

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough”. Albert Einstein

Riiight, and thats why everybody uses KFB now-a-days... :laughing:

There is a hydroponics system for every style of garden. If the OP wants to grow the largest plants possible, most likely with vertical lighting, then the KBS may work well. It allows for more root space than just about any other bucket system, and will allow for just about the largest plants possible to be flowered indoors.

Now, if you are not planning on growing HUGE trees, then using a bucket system like this would be overkill. A 5 gallon DWC bucket system will grow some trees itself. I have flowered 5 foot tall mother plants in 5 gallon buckets with no trouble. I really can't imagine how big a plant would need to be before a 5 gallon DWC was inadequate.

Also, for a first system, you picked just about the worst. When you are learning a new style of growing there are a lot of variables you will not understand at first. So whatever system you chose, the one which affords you the least additional variables to have to learn will typically be the easiest to make successful.

I would recommend that the OP examines his growing space, to really make sure that a krusty bucket system is what he needs.

Last edited:

FRIENDinDEED

A FRIEND WITH WEED IS A . . .
Veteran
mr botanical , i too ama visual learner and have built many a system for hydro, although i have never used them. had a misshap and jsut went to soil. but maybe you shoudl listen to what everyone on here is saying. if there are that many people saying that its a bad system then maybe it really is a bad system.

if anything IC will stear you clear of the nonsense, as harsh as it may come at you, its the truth. there are two messages being sent to you , from what i gather and thoser are its shitty system AND you really need to do your own research. so hows about this: why dont you do some more research on why its so bad of a system to use, that way you learn what you need to, cause your gonna be overloaded with pics and you may even have a ssytem presented to you that can ease you into hydro, cause let me tell you, once that pH slips once, thats yo azz!!!!!! i remember when i saw a yellow leaf after a week and it took a week to get it back. the thigns that happen within a couple days, happen withinn moments in a hydro system, are you ready for that kinda of pressure? having to watch them constantly like that?

it doenst sound like youve truly counted the cost here. your ready to leap, but none of us here (that dont want to see you fall on your face and waste time and money) thinks that your looking to well

Funkyskunk

hey killacash, yeah. still pluggin away here at the estate. teehee
have a cross of blueberry going rightnow. second grow with this particular plant.
but yeah, KBS/KFB what's the diff?
if there is one, it is only in namesake.
it's a bucket inside another bucket. i bet yas could change 100 things around, but then it would not be KBS.
about PH, i adjust that up to 7 sometimes. just to see how it affect the plants.
i let it get as low as 4.7 somtimes. diff strains like diff PH's. until yas try them out, yas dont know what PH will work best for your plants.

fs

gregor_mendel

Come on, folks. KBS is not complicated, just notoriously difficult to find a good how to.

But it's

vertical lights w/o reflectors
a 2 line per bucket recycling drip system
the NFT thing going on in the bottom
maybe total environmental control, maybe not

If one can set up a drip system with bucket buddies and 5 gallons buckets, one can set up KBS.

you can get those ebb and flow 48 buckets and make those into a kbs, just that your dealing with 3.5gal buckets so you will need to veg less and also a smaller spacer. Peace.

The reason why I wanted the krusty buckets was simply because it used very little water in the actual buckets. That's all really. But I think I just read that I need a large air compressor for these buckets...is that correct? And not those little air pumps used in DWC?

If thats the case then fuck it. Those compressors are noisy as hell.

im copying his concept. I just ordered me those 48 site bucket system ebb n flow, i'll be adding air stones in each bucket that way during the time of flood there's oxygen supplied to the roots, so this mean i'll flood very often sort of ebbnflow/dwc.

Killacash

Funkyskunk said:
hey killacash, yeah. still pluggin away here at the estate. teehee
have a cross of blueberry going rightnow. second grow with this particular plant.
but yeah, KBS/KFB what's the diff?
if there is one, it is only in namesake.
it's a bucket inside another bucket. i bet yas could change 100 things around, but then it would not be KBS.
about PH, i adjust that up to 7 sometimes. just to see how it affect the plants.
i let it get as low as 4.7 somtimes. diff strains like diff PH's. until yas try them out, yas dont know what PH will work best for your plants.

fs

Hey funky do you encourage trimming before flowering in kbs?

Funkyskunk

killacash

killacash

heyas killa!

naw, i typically do not trim anything off before flower. i may take some clones for future grows. but nothing like i think your thinking of. when useing vert. lights, yas get a much better coverage. no need to trim anything. it will usually all turn into buds. i mean, my biggest buds are usually the ones at the bottom base of the trunk. they are also teh ones that need to be tied up first! now, if your using overhead lighting, then yeah. i can see the need to trim away the lower foliage to get bigger buds uptop. but in kbs, the buds tend to grow long and big. well, that is what i look for in a strain anyways. big long buds.
that is why some strains do well in KBS, and some do not.

but yeah, i personally do not trim at all.
besides clone taking. that i don't consider trimming.

laytr

fs