picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

:wave:

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
Yup I have....and its hands down top 3 of my favorite states...love me some Co.....

Drift13

I have only once seen a hummingbird perched in my yard. Needless to say my Canon was in another part of the house.
You shot all these with an 18/55mm lens? How are you able to get so close to them?

krustallos

Veteran
Yup I have....and its hands down top 3 of my favorite states...love me some Co.....

Nice, yeah I used to always see ya posting in the Co thread, seems quiet lately.

Holy crap you snapped a shot of a resting hummingbird!
good.gif

They just chill out on those branches off of the deck in my backyard :ying:

Any idea what kind of hummer you got there?

We get the ruby-throated hummers here.

The only ones I have seen are the Broadtailed.. and mostly only males.

nice! i have hummers in the yard everyday now myself,they absolutely adore penstemons...

yeah I like hummingbirds, they sound cool as they fly by, and are just always on the move.

I have only once seen a hummingbird perched in my yard. Needless to say my Canon was in another part of the house.
You shot all these with an 18/55mm lens? How are you able to get so close to them?

They let me get really close, like a foot away from them with the lens as they hang out on the branches. All day long 2 males fight over that territory and one guards those branches

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
I got a 70-300mm lens made by Sigma for my D3000. Pretty inexpensive all things considered, I'd recommend one if you ever want a telephoto.

Latest posts

Latest posts