What's new

Krunchbubble's Doubleds MPB buckets....

Neo 420

Veteran
I'm going to take some advice I got and keep zero micro's in the rez. No good or bad beneficials. Just good old salt chemical nutes. I have to say, using the bleach, has cured most (the more affected roots are taking longer to get under control) of my rot issues and the rez's stay cleaner.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
I'm going to take some advice I got and keep zero micro's in the rez. No good or bad beneficials. Just good old salt chemical nutes. I have to say, using the bleach, has cured most (the more affected roots are taking longer to get under control) of my rot issues and the rez's stay cleaner.

i completely 100% agree! zero bennies or anything organic! im just going to run synthetic nutrients and maybe a dead res every other week.....

bleach is the key to killing root rot for sure.....

Dödsknark

Hey KB

Too bad about your troubles. Live and learn I suppose. Always learning stuff from your threads and I'll go back to them once I switch from soil.

I laughed out loud reading this and looking at your pictures. Jungle is the correct word I believe. Picturing you climbing around in there haha. Yeah, I'm high.

some pics of the other room in the house. fucking jungle, its soooo hard to water, burnt myself on the bulbs several times, good thing bulbs don't burn your scalp when your sweating!

HankScorpio

Hey krunch awesome thread. Been following the mpb scene for awhile seriously considering becoming a convert but will probably wait till fall for the cooler temps. Glad to here you have the rot under control. Cheers!

peacetree

Dutchmaster zone is your friend.

jackmayoffer is running a pretty bad ass udercurrent 8 gallon setup right now. over at the farm

Krunch one thing Im thinking is it has to be the chiller bro
If its not to hard stick the pen inside one of the buckets a few hours into 12/12 and get a temp reading on what the actual temp of the water in the buckets is. Id bet the temp must be spiking and torching the roots

maybe rock a bigger chiller? not sure just trying to help anyhow good luck and bay area stand up!!!!!!!!!

Neo 420

Veteran
Dutchmaster zone is your friend.

jackmayoffer is running a pretty bad ass udercurrent 8 gallon setup right now. over at the farm

Krunch one thing Im thinking is it has to be the chiller bro
If its not to hard stick the pen inside one of the buckets a few hours into 12/12 and get a temp reading on what the actual temp of the water in the buckets is. Id bet the temp must be spiking and torching the roots

maybe rock a bigger chiller? not sure just trying to help anyhow good luck and bay area stand up!!!!!!!!!

This may pr may not be the issue but I have learned that you have to be really careful what you put in these DWC type of systems. I have been studying root rot since my outbreak and it is actually deeper than the temp. There are so many factors and once you have root rot, you have it (microscopically) forever. Its all bout the environment at that point and you must make a hostile environment toward the rot to control it. Agents like Hygrozeme can actually cause your root rot to worsen. I believe the best remedies are H202 and bleach. In our case for RDWC, no bennies is better that bennies cause its very easy for the bad bennies to overpower and colonize in your roots. I have read some users actually put in a aquarium like filter to hold the good bennies amongst water changes and the such. My words for the year (while in dwc) is STERILE REZ. (which Zone kinda does)

Last edited:

krunchbubble

Veteran
This may pr may not be the issue but I have learned that you have to be really careful what you put in these DWC type of systems. I have been studying root rot since my outbreak and it is actually deeper than the temp. There are so many factors and once you have root rot, you have it (microscopically) forever. Its all bout the environment at that point and you must make a hostile environment toward the rot to control it. Agents like Hygrozeme can actually cause your root rot to worsen. I believe the best remedies are H202 and bleach. In our case for RDWC, no bennies is better that bennies cause its very easy for the bad bennies to overpower and colonize in your roots. I have read some users actually put in a aquarium like filter to hold the good bennies amongst water changes and the such. My words for the year (while in dwc) is STERILE REZ. (which Zone kinda does)

completely agree!

krunchbubble

Veteran
oddest thing going on. i DO NOT root rot. but, my ph is falling 1/2 a point a night. the tds is going up slightly, but i dont think that would count for the ph drops.

the big plant is just crazy stupid big, its damn near an outdoor plant! roots are beautiful white, the plant is loving life.....

i was thinking of transplanting a couple small moms into the other three open spots. but, the root rot may come back because i use beenies in my veg, therefor it would be in the coco when i transplant them.....hmmmmm

Neo 420

Veteran
i was thinking of transplanting a couple small moms into the other three open spots. but, the root rot may come back because i use beenies in my veg, therefor it would be in the coco when i transplant them.....hmmmmm

What you talking bout Willis (KB)?

superusa

i completely 100% agree! zero bennies or anything organic! im just going to run synthetic nutrients and maybe a dead res every other week.....

bleach is the key to killing root rot for sure.....

It's funny, there is another thread on IC i think (or maybe a different board) called "what else can I add" wanting to know what other additives he could put in his dwc i think. I would be more focused on "what can I leave out". It doesn't take a chemistry set to grow buds, just a good complete nutrient. Especially in RDWC, you want thin and synthetic. Sterile is the word, and not using bennies means you can use root zone products like florashield, h2o2, etc that wipe out all bacteria.

grapeman

Veteran
I've been following this thread since the inception. I see that you have decided to use low ppm of chlorine to keep things under control. I grew cauliflower for several years and before wrapping the heads in celo we always ran the conveyor with the product into a dip tank that maintained a low ppm of active chlorine. Pennwalt Decco makes a regulator that maintained whatever ppm of active ingredient in the water. Like your CO2 machine. Wasn't that expensive. Seems like a good idea for a larger setup. Just dial up your correct ppm's and forget it.

Last edited:

mrdizzle

DId you veg in 6in cubes?

if so are you sure the cubes arent sitting in the water directly. A few people made that mistake and it cause major stem/rot root. make sure you fill your buckets with stone to cover the water leave, then press on the bucket to make sure when you put weight on the lid the water level doesnt come up over the stones

I started dosing my res with a tbs per 150gal with bleach. really thou the system is hard to get root in, its usually somethign we did. Im just wondering what the original cause of your was. Mine like I said was killing the top feed then turning it back on, bathing those dead roots turned them into melting chocolate

krunchbubble

Veteran
DId you veg in 6in cubes?

if so are you sure the cubes arent sitting in the water directly. A few people made that mistake and it cause major stem/rot root. make sure you fill your buckets with stone to cover the water leave, then press on the bucket to make sure when you put weight on the lid the water level doesnt come up over the stones

I started dosing my res with a tbs per 150gal with bleach. really thou the system is hard to get root in, its usually somethign we did. Im just wondering what the original cause of your was. Mine like I said was killing the top feed then turning it back on, bathing those dead roots turned them into melting chocolate

i vegged in 4" cubes, they don't sit in the water at all. im pretty sure the initial cause was temps hit 74 for 12 hours in the res and i was using a mixing pump, not only in this room, but another room that i was using bennies in. it also seemed like when i used bennies in this system, the rot got much worse....

no more bennies for me, bleach dosing for now on......dead res

mrdizzle

yea fuck bennies, I think they are cool in soil, but it water, I dont think they survive all that well with all that water movement, getting shredded by the pumps and smashed by the airbubble, I just dont think they form a heard. I wonder if the bennies die and then the dead bennies feed the rot? just a stoney theory

im heading downstair to cut my 5th room down and cut my lose. I dont think Ill be able to get it going again to produce anything real. my one plant is huge and beautiful thou but 4weeks is a long time, and I feel like eventually its gonna die too

lesson learned, I def would stick with simple nutes, even using roots excell I got brownish slim on my airstones and what not

krunchbubble

Veteran
yea fuck bennies, I think they are cool in soil, but it water, I dont think they survive all that well with all that water movement, getting shredded by the pumps and smashed by the airbubble, I just dont think they form a heard. I wonder if the bennies die and then the dead bennies feed the rot? just a stoney theory

im heading downstair to cut my 5th room down and cut my lose. I dont think Ill be able to get it going again to produce anything real. my one plant is huge and beautiful thou but 4weeks is a long time, and I feel like eventually its gonna die too

lesson learned, I def would stick with simple nutes, even using roots excell I got brownish slim on my airstones and what not

i agree completely. im just going to stick with h@g, no root excell or anything organic.

time to go clean the system now......

mrdizzle

good luck dude, you will get it this run. ive been getting 2lbs a plant with kush with my plants that get 4 lights so I know you can too.

I would cover the tubs lids with panda, this was the only run I didnt do it and they def let in light, that cause a slim on my airstones. in other runs the airstones come out as clean as they went in.

krunchbubble

Veteran
good luck dude, you will get it this run. ive been getting 2lbs a plant with kush with my plants that get 4 lights so I know you can too.

I would cover the tubs lids with panda, this was the only run I didnt do it and they def let in light, that cause a slim on my airstones. in other runs the airstones come out as clean as they went in.

appreciate it! i will go cover my tubes tomorrow with panda. cleaned the system today, no signs of anything foul, rotten or slimy, pretty sure i got the rot licked.....putting bleach in the system every other day

krunchbubble

Veteran
Is root ex alive? I have my suspicions but can't find hard evidence. I'm reading from several boards not to use H202 with root ex.

not sure, but it is organic. love the stuff, but not for my mpb system....

email them, but make sure you email the uk people, the us people are straight idiots....

Latest posts

Latest posts