What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Krunchbubble Is Looking For A "Jobby Job" In the Industry....

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoothillFarming

just out of curiosity, why would one want to switch styles of growing when an entire facility is built around one style? What would be the advantage to switch, and why keep a pro around that can switch from these different styles? Just in case?

I find it hard to believe that this day and age, people opening up large facilities don't know what they are doing. I guess if you are just an investor, but I would think grow investors are people that have been doing it for decades.

amannamedtruth

Veteran
just out of curiosity, why would one want to switch styles of growing when an entire facility is built around one style? What would be the advantage to switch, and why keep a pro around that can switch from these different styles? Just in case?

I find it hard to believe that this day and age, people opening up large facilities don't know what they are doing. I guess if you are just an investor, but I would think grow investors are people that have been doing it for decades.

Because different varieties enjoy different variables.

Because innovation requires flexibility

Because hiring a pro, and keeping them on is just as valuable as having an expensive build out...one would need somebody who knows how different systems work with different varieties, and how to formulate different nutrient solutions for different systems and varieties...

If one desires to have their company on the forefront of the next 'hype varieties', then they need a pro to dial it all in.

A venture capitalist has no clue about plant science and agricultural efficiency, as most gardeners and farmers have idea about fiscal maximization.

Growing these plants to the fullest potential requires much more than reading the back of a nutrient bottle and following the suggested doses.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran

In our dollar based economy businesses must grow to stay relevant. Stagnation is the same as shrinking. This is because inflation, and dropping price of weed.

This means, some expansions are a must. This is expensive, and each place is different.

When you do a new build out, it has to be based on the future market that will be there when your buildout is two years old.

The tech needs to be the best for the job, and not over priced Everything must be done as efficiently as possible.

New strains must be selected. Strain requirement changes frequently. Each one requires different feeding.

Something you use maybe discontinued, run out, be made obsolete, or illegal. You need to know best how to replace it.

Hydro store owners will just sell you what they need off their shelves.

You need a highly experienced cannabis grower that inspects the plants individually multiple times a week.

I can keep going. That's only a few examples.

FoothillFarming

Both great answers guys.

I have been doing this so long, those things seem remedial to me.

I like the perspective given on an investor vs grower. Very true.

For me personally, I have 15 + years in the trades. I am a licensed electrician, and have been growing pot for 20+ years, and been farming cannabis for 3 years. All this is right in my wheelhouse I guess.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
With that skill set you could be a CEO. Especially if you can do accounting as well.

AWDTERROR

Colorado business model seems to be hire a good grower learn his tech and let him go after a year and then hire $12hr grunts or at least that's what I've been seeing lately.

That's there fault they didn't have a 5-10 year contract agreement with the company if hes tech was so great. Even then I would let them know the details of everything I was doing.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Sucks when someone with the experience and talent doesn't have the resources to use them to potential. Sometimes I would like to jump on board and put up my Application as well. If I ever got the right offer I'd probably jump on board for a couple years. I've never made my true mark in the industry mainly because my lack of getting to a location where I can spread my wings without being prosecuted. I never expanded and reached my potential because I stayed confined to a state where the laws just aren't on par.

I'd stay legal no matter where you decide to go!!!Good luck in your hunt Krunch I'm sure someone will benefit from your experience.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Its interesting, in ANY other profession ive dabbled in or studied for, EXPERIENCE triumphs over schooling...

It seems to be the complete opposite when it comes to this new legal weed movement....

People are content and eager to hire dipshits, dinglings and dickholes for $15 an hour for massive grows...

And HOLY SHIT, I have seen the worst grows in my career in the last several months. Ive been in LEGAL grows that I threw my clothes away after I left, and drove to the hotel in my wife beater and underwear....

Shocking really...

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
And HOLY SHIT, I have seen the worst grows in my career in the last several months. Ive been in LEGAL grows that I threw my clothes away after I left, and drove to the hotel in my wife beater and underwear....

Shocking really...[/QUOTE]

^^^^I almost cried laughing at this...lolololol

OP

Looking to Relocate Out Of the Bay Area, Possibly Relocate Out Of State...

Looking to run a warehouse or two, maybe 5? Done it before and have made people millions of dollars...

-Master Grower with 22 years experience...

-12 years solvent extraction experience....

-Manager at second medical marijuana dispensary to ever open in California....

-Managed 5 grow warehouses at the same time(300k watts)....

To be honest. If you have been doing this for that long, why don't you just start up your own company? 22 years of being a master grower you should be ready to retire. Run your show, why work for somebody else?

PoopGroup

krunchbubble said:
Ive been in LEGAL grows that I threw my clothes away after I left, and drove to the hotel in my wife beater and underwear...

Damn, dude. Take it easy. There's no reason to beat & rape your wife while on vacation just because of what you saw at someone else's grow.

PoopGroup

To be honest. If you have been doing this for that long, why don't you just start up your own company? 22 years of being a master grower you should be ready to retire. Run your show, why work for somebody else?

The usual list of reasons:

* Lack of funds
* Lack of confidence

... or a combination of the two.

FoothillFarming

-Master Grower with 22 years experience...

-12 years solvent extraction experience....

-Manager at second medical marijuana dispensary to ever open in California....

-Managed 5 grow warehouses at the same time(300k watts)....

After making people millions I would hope funds weren't the problem.

Yea...... 22 years as a master grower, yet I met dude and he isn't even 40. So at 18 you were a master?

Managed 2nd ever medical marijuana dispensary, how did that go? Seems like others who started at the same time are ready to become billionaires. Like Steven DeAngelo.

12 years solvent experience? So in 2004 you were making oil? That is also ahead of the game. Should have really been able to cash in there.

300k warehouses. Again, you should have made millions. What happened and how did that end.

You never really showed any successful ventures. You just claim to be part of a couple. How did they turn out? How long did you manage? How many crops? What was your role?

You also were involved in vape pen companies.

I don't know, I guess I just assume a master grower for 22 years, 12 years pumping out concentrates, managing dispensaries, and being the lead on warehouse grows should just open up their own company. Why would you manage for somebody else, when clearly you should have the capital and experience to do it yourself?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
some times people make a lot of money, but end up losing it again, also saying one was part of 300 light op, doesn't mean it was yours. a lot of experience can be gained by running such places for others, you don't have any risk, but still get a great income. just saying, risking your own money and maybe prison as the owner of a huge op isn't for everyone, or some thing you'd want to do for ever imo. while being employed there might offer you enough opportunities for income without being the main target if shit hits the fan. after all even the places that claim 100% legality have not all been safe from getting busted.

usda101

There are Peaks and Valleys in every industry o how i reminisce about my own life and finances . Trust me my best days in front of me then behind me tho , and he may feel the same way .

Status
Not open for further replies.