What's new

Konnichi wa

Spaceman_Spiff

Hi guys and gals been perusing IC from the south western high desert (7000ft) for many years. After 15 years of growing medicine I took a year off and somewhere along the lines I lost my old lurking account. Happy that the conditions around my location are leaning towards my participation in the community here as most of my growing has been done in secrecy.

Anyway need get my post count up so I thought I would introduce myself. Spaceman Spiff here reporting from my journey to the farthest regions of the human mind. My ride? Only some of the best weed west of the Mississippi. (I should probably tone down that ego considering the company around here) I grow for quality not quantity and after 15 years have made the transition to 100% organic...what a journey. Outdoor, Indoor, containers, in the ground, Hybrid styles, Hydro (not recently). Lots of knowledge gained over there years from the fine folks here and always trying to learn more. Started my own breeding projects about 5 years ago and exploring the genetics has become my new focus. Working to the express the highest genetic potential of every plant is a labor of love and an art form. Actually stopped ingesting cannabis for health reasons about 4 years ago but I say growing is its own medicine. Anyway Hi, Hello, Welcome.

Spaceman_Spiff

Thanks guys mixed some soil and put some seedlings in their first pots this morning.... bit of a late start but various people kind of motivating me to do some work if you know what I mean. not sure if I can post pictures yet...running three types this year... one type got 17/17 from in 7 days 5 year old seeds I was impressed. Not sure if this is appropriate for a welcome thread or if I should just start a diary. :rolleyes::shucks::dunno:

Spaceman_Spiff

Normally I like to do a 4-5 month 24 hour veg and then move outdoor in late may... so a seed start in late may might not be very productive. Super short season at 7000ft... some of my strains are acclimated to the environment here... usually starts flowering last week of July. First frost can come early sept. 1. I try to run them till November but often have to adjust for circumstances of reality.