What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Knock knock!!!

Cactus Squatter

So it’s an interesting thing… sitting here 3-4 bowls deep with the wife, house absolutely smelling amazing when there is a knock at the door and then the bell rings. Look at the camera and… 2 cops in full chest rigs and gear standing at my door. One up by the bell, and one positioned back and off to one side a little. My mind… crap here we go!!! There’s gotta be more, please don’t shoot my dog. Please don’t shoot my dog. Please don’t shoot my dog. Let’s just do this quietly and calmly and let my lawyer destroy you later.

Old memories and the way we had to be pre legalization here almost put me into a panic attack. I told my wife to stay sitting and hold onto the dog just in case and then met them out front prepared for at the minimum a conversation about how my plants were visible over the fence line or something.

I opened the door and walked out, closed it behind me, and the cop giggled and sniffed the air at me. Here it comes…

“Sir, we noticed you have some cameras on your house, do you have any footage from the back side that might possibly show someone messing around with the cars parked at the building behind you”?

Thank fuck… “nope. Cams are pointed in my yard only and don’t look over the fence line”.

“Ok, did you happen to see or hear anything last night”?

“Nope, was passed out hard and my dog is mostly deaf, sorry”.

“Your door mat is hilarious, have a nice day”
(My doormat is a bunch of cactus that says “No Pricks Allowed” on it.

And then they both turned and walked away.

Haven’t had my heart in my chest like that in a while. I’m fully within the law here so it’s not an issue, but still, not used to it being legal when it comes to cops around. Definitely got my ass in gear about tying down what may be visible over the fence as well as sticking up another 2 layers of shade cloth to further block the view from the building side to further block any prying eyes.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
So it’s an interesting thing… sitting here 3-4 bowls deep with the wife, house absolutely smelling amazing when there is a knock at the door and then the bell rings. Look at the camera and… 2 cops in full chest rigs and gear standing at my door. One up by the bell, and one positioned back and off to one side a little. My mind… crap here we go!!! There’s gotta be more, please don’t shoot my dog. Please don’t shoot my dog. Please don’t shoot my dog. Let’s just do this quietly and calmly and let my lawyer destroy you later.

Old memories and the way we had to be pre legalization here almost put me into a panic attack. I told my wife to stay sitting and hold onto the dog just in case and then met them out front prepared for at the minimum a conversation about how my plants were visible over the fence line or something.

I opened the door and walked out, closed it behind me, and the cop giggled and sniffed the air at me. Here it comes…

“Sir, we noticed you have some cameras on your house, do you have any footage from the back side that might possibly show someone messing around with the cars parked at the building behind you”?

Thank fuck… “nope. Cams are pointed in my yard only and don’t look over the fence line”.

“Ok, did you happen to see or hear anything last night”?

“Nope, was passed out hard and my dog is mostly deaf, sorry”.

“Your door mat is hilarious, have a nice day”
(My doormat is a bunch of cactus that says “No Pricks Allowed” on it.

And then they both turned and walked away.

Haven’t had my heart in my chest like that in a while. I’m fully within the law here so it’s not an issue, but still, not used to it being legal when it comes to cops around. Definitely got my ass in gear about tying down what may be visible over the fence as well as sticking up another 2 layers of shade cloth to further block the view from the building side to further block any prying eyes.
Times are changing friend. Thanks for sharing such a cool post.

Cactus Squatter

Times are changing friend. Thanks for sharing such a cool post.
And yet every day since my skin is still crawling. 😂 So glad things are finally changing for the better but it’s hard to get past the old paranoia and fears.

I even went out yesterday and added a shade cloth to one side of my ACE mutt project plant so there isn’t any chance of my hoa nazi neighbor seeing it if he looks over the fence.