What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Knobby bumps on cutting where are my roots?!

DunHav`nFun

Hey Rick......As much as I`m SO sure your explanation`s spot on , could you please dumb it down some and explain it to us dumbass stoners what all that scientific jargon means ?......as in.....what does it mean as in how do you cause the imbalance of auxins to cytokinins to actually "initiate" root differentiation as you call it.....?...…I was only explaining what the lil knobs/nubs were......

Thanks for the REAL reason why roots won`t pop and grow legs....Enquiring minds wanna know.....

Peace.....DHF...…:ying: …….

Veggia farmer

:laughing:

I was in a pissy mood, not anymore, thanks!

For the cloning advises too! I have too build my cloning room different, way to much light here :shucks: wtf, my ssh clones perfecto after 2-3 weeks, but my loving OG something breed by a friend of friend... Nada... can even grow quite a lot foliage with no roots... passive organic root free hydro haha. too much light.. What about straight in compost? sawdust mixed with manure, cow and horse i guess, maybe something else too.. aged for years... will root formation not be there if it is too much nutrients in the medium..???

but yeah, be patient, lol! :tiphat:::good::party:

aliceklar

I've had cuttings root directly into a cardboard tube filled with 50/50 compost perlite mix, and kept damp on a tray of wet gravel (after 10 days there were roots popping out the sides). I've also had cuttings rot in pure perlite. Keep taking cuttings, keep experimenting, lots of different ways of doing it - just need to find one that works for your plants in your situation. One size dont fit all, etc

good luck!

DrDee

I've had cuttings root directly into a cardboard tube filled with 50/50 compost perlite mix, and kept damp on a tray of wet gravel (after 10 days there were roots popping out the sides). I've also had cuttings rot in pure perlite. Keep taking cuttings, keep experimenting, lots of different ways of doing it - just need to find one that works for your plants in your situation. One size dont fit all, etc good luck!

And some strains clone better then others too. Some pop roots almost immediately and some take 10 days.
JD

Veggia farmer

Yeah, experimenting at the moment. Need more stability now, going for the old school SOG style...

Have had ok success before, but often i different locations.. many variables..

Ready4

Veteran
A heat mat & dome will pop roots super quick. I have found that watering the root cubes, with water that has 1 teaspoon of blackstrap molasses in a gallon, sure seems to help greatly with just a regular dome with no heating mat.

methias

There are many different ways to get viable clones. I have failed many times and so many ways.

I had a success rate of less than 5%. My cloning box was labeled a "hospice for sticks in dirt".

Then I read about areoponics..
Cloning with areoponics now gives me over a 95% SUCCESS RATE.
Here's how I did it.
I took a 2 gallon bucket, a small 12 VDC water pump, and a timer to make my rigs. I made three cloning buckets and gave one to a friend in need.
My buckets were white so I spray painted them black to block light inside.
I used two inch baskets and foam pucks. I drilled 7 holes in the lid for 7 clones at a time.

To keep the pump and spray heads from getting clogged I made a filter for the pump from a 2 inch basket and a piece of nylon stocking.

The pump feeds spray heads inside the bucket so all 7 baskets are hit by water.

I use a Sonoff basic to activate the pump for one minute on followed by 9 minutes off.
I PH the water to 6.0 +/_ and sometimes I add a little clonex to the bucket but not sure it's needed. I change the water out twice a month just for shits and giggles.
Most strains are rooted and ready for soil in 10-15 days. Sour Kosher takes up to 25 days but it works.
No dome ever.

To clone, I clip with my dirty Scissors, then with one of the many dirty razor blades on my workbench I cut a 45 degree angle just below a node, set that in a cup of clonex, trim the leaves a bit, and then dip the stem in rooting powder.
From there it's straight to the cup and puck then into an unfilled hole on the bucket.
Subdued lighting and time gives me a viable clone nearly every time. Again clip, dip, and put in bucket. Spray 1 minute every 10 minutes + light and time. I never use a dome.
Once I got the cloning down ⬇ had to figure out why the rooted girls usually died once I put them in soil. Hot soil I think. My fix was to cut open a seed starter plug, slip the rooted end inside and set it in a dixy cup with soil packed around it.

Nowadays my cup runneth over and I end up giving most of my ladies to a good home.

Keep working on it and be patient. It'll take as long as it takes and as others have pointed out some strains are slower than others to root.

Vape on kids

methias

Once roots get going I put the clone in the starter plug and straight to soil.
The starter plug,

Right out of the cloning bucket. Small roots but they should do.

Cut the plug open and place the rooted area inside.
And,,

We have another Alien OG clone to grow.

This works for me and Judy.
Good luck.

Vape on kids

Last edited:

imakandi

i keep symple

cut branch
cut node
put in root hormone
put in koko cup