What's new

Klutter's Cure Journal

swx2

Relik said:
I don't know the exact chemical process of chlorophyll breakdown, but I don't think it evaporates? I'd be more tempted to think it reacts with other compounds present in the plant material, resulting in new volatile compounds, but hey I'm theorizing :D

Yes indeed, I believe you are right! It is broken down somehow. Perhaps some of the by-product evaporates with the water and perhaps not. I guess it doesn't matter really, it just goes. :)

twistedtree

So it's been about a week, any new updates? This thread is a godsend for me. I'll be harvesting my very first harvest ever in approximately 50 days, and thank goodness for this thread. I think I'll be using a combination of some of your techniques. Thanks again for the great info.

touringfunkband

Hmm, am I the only one wondering if something's up with Klutter.. His account is now "guest" status and his avatar is gone. Is this the sign of a deleted account?

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
Klutter - Your contributions were greatly appreciated, if you could let us know what's up, or resume the testing under a new name, I'm sure everyone would be very grateful.

Boomer89

bounty29 said:
Klutter - Your contributions were greatly appreciated, if you could let us know what's up, or resume the testing under a new name, I'm sure everyone would be very grateful.

Please!! Thanks so much for the info! This should be stickied.

C21H30O2

I have ridden the mighty sandworm.
Veteran
9 out of 10 times i can tell if a strain was grown organically or chem by the ash it produces. organic bud burns clean and leaves a light white ash that easily blows away. chem on the other hand when it is burn produces a chemical black sludge. when i get a bit of organic bud i have to clean my peaces much less often and its easier on my respritory system. thats not to say that organically grown bud wont make me cough more than chem that has to do with the characteristics of the herb. just that overall my lungs feel better. i dont take coughing as a sign of how well bud is cured but it can be an indicator. ie you can make a harsh bud less harsh with a good flush dry and cure.

3dDream

Matter that Appreciates Matter
Veteran
A few thoughts...

1) this is a great thread!
2) Could smoking a bud as you dry it tell you when to start curing it? My bud, and it is my first grow (very satisfying this growing stuff), burns whiter and whiter as ash the longer I dry it. There us plenty of black in the center, but it can be burned down to white/grey ash. Another thing, the bud continues to burn in a bowl or bong after you light it. Normally the stuff burns out. I have never seen this before.?
3) I did a few micro cured samples to see what bud would smell like. Even just one day in a small container (pill container sized) would yeild different smells. The early ones where more like hay and now they are getting better/stronger.

good luck!

CountryGardner

One small item to add to the curing process:

When I purchase new canning jars, I remove the lids and let them air-out for at least a day. I think they have a strange smell and do not want that to effect the smell of my buds.

Yarkand

Totally agree this a great and informative thread. A little truth for the people growing and perfecting their skill :D

Thank you so very much Klutter

Military

very interesting thread... Read all your posts klutter.

I got another test for you to try out :p Vacuum sealing some buds, NOT IN BAGS but in a vacuum sealed container...

This is the method I use. I have this food saver vacuum thing, that comes with these special vacuumable lids, that you can place onto any container as long as the lid fits over the opening of the container. Obviously a glass container would be the better choice, not sure how well a plastic one would hold up.

So all i do it use this lid and the vacuum lid accessory on this large flower vase I have, tall and kinda wide, and it works great, takes some time to get all the air out since its a pretty decent size, but man it puts suck a seal on it that if i try to open it without turning the OPENING nozzle i feel like im going to break the glass no joke.

I just seal the buds in there, then every day for 1 week i take out ALL the buds completely let them sit out for about 5mins while I wash and clean the vase fully, then put them back in and seal it out for the next day.

Only down side of this is you have to seal every time you open it,,, but its air tight. O ya don't think that mold WONT come since your taking out the air, because I got a few moldy buds before, but I didn't care I like psychedelics haha :p

I'm not going to read the whole thing as I haven't the time So I've just skipped through. You say your ash is burning black? Are you properly flushing your plants before chopping them?

P

phr3d0m2gr0

awesome thread klutter, where ever you may be! I think i'll be trying some test like this in the future. One thing that i'm wondering is what if you started a cure when the plants weren't completely dry. I wonder how this would affect the smoke, it might help with chlorophyll breakdown.

Latest posts

Latest posts