What's new

Kit Kat's OG Kush Donuts

T

Tarus Bulbar

Those plants are starting to bulk up now Kit Kat!!!
Great work!!! Feel freeto take a lot of pictures
to share with us LOL
Cheers

Kit Kat

Man, life went to hell on me for a bit there. A week being sick, family emergencies, internet went out and then my camera busted last week, think the cats go to it. Seemed like everything was conspiring to keep me from posting (probably a good thing, really).

Here are the pictures from day 56:

Kit Kat

Chopped everything on day 63 and 64, picked up a new camera and a nifty Eye-Fi card so it automatically sends the pictures back to my computer over wifi, definitely like that feature.

I wired this 4" S&P to the low setting and stuck it on my 6" Phresh filter to blow out of the tent into the general room and keep it closed up tight - there's an rH meter sitting at the very top of the tent on the middle support bars and it's shown a steady 70F and 50% rH since Sunday.

Going to leave them hanging there until Friday or so and check, hoping for a nice even dry this way. Hardly any air flow in the tent with the fan running, just enough to keep things moving and suck the smell out.

Kit Kat

In retrospect, there were a few major mistakes this run that I won't do again next time:

* Followed the H&G schedule as recommended and gave my ladies a pretty strong N overdose that manifested in weeks 4 and 5, next time I won't run A&B past 1.2EC regardless of what the schedule says.

* Didn't use any screens. This was bloody terrible. I wasn't able to really get in there much after week 6, and the swelling caused some branches that weren't tied to the stakes to fall into the light and burn. Ontop of that the canopy was wild, uneven, and hard to work with/see what was going on at at glance.

* Didn't gradually remove fans after stretch - looking back at my notes instead of spending 5-6 days like I had planned, somehow I ended up doing a pretty big strip down on each donut in a night each and they definitely stalled for awhile after doing that.

* Didn't have a filtered, active intake. I was using passive intakes (my open window) and this was fine up until the complex gardeners came in to start doing their job again - they spent a good Saturday cruising around ripping the place up and the next night when I was poking around I noticed some mites on the lower leaves. Hot Pest Strips set on the muffin fans kept a minimal outbreak from spreading, but I'd rather not worry about it in the future.

Edit: One more, not sure whether this was enough yet but in week 8 I cut the A&B to half strength, and all of week 9 was just RO water. After looking at how everything yellowed down I'm thinking it should've just been RO for two weeks.

Kit Kat

Thanks y'all! Looking forward to a smoke test. I dried some of the 'oops' nugs from the initial trim in the oven but that was an awful idea after actually burning it. Once properly dried this oughta keep me going until I move and get set up in a new place...

...where I'm going to try one of these suckers full up with either Pre-98 Bubba, or Ganesh. Haven't decided which yet.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
I dried some of the 'oops' nugs from the initial trim in the oven but that was an awful idea after actually burning it.

When I want to oven dry something because I am desperate to smoke, I set the oven on a very low temp (100F) and then I set an alarm for every hour or so to see how things are coming.

It will still be harsh as fuck when you quick dry it, but it beats looking at a pound of herb you can't smoke.

Kit Kat

I might grab a branch and try that elsewhere - I did 170F (lowest I could get it) with a wood spoon propping the door open and it was crispy after an hour. Now I have this plate of tempting looking nugs that feel like death is coming for me when smoked.

J

JimmyRow

Ive even taken a couple nugs and chopped them up and laid it out to dry over night...great wake n bake. Or in a food dehydrator.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Smoking quickly dried herb is going to be harsh. No way around it. A few days from now you won't care at all.

TryChrome

got any tips on uploading photos... i just can't seem to figure it out... sorry... it's a little off topic but i wanted some tips... I REALLY WOULD LOVE TO SHOW YOU MINE... but i can't cause uploading a picture has to be one of the hardest things i've ever done... lol... i can grow seeds for christs sake but can't figure out how to upload a pic ??? pathetic

ANY help would be appreciated... thanks y'all

Jnugg

Veteran
Go to user menu at the top of the page,click my albums,click upload picture,click choose file,choose the photo you want to upload,click upload,photo should be uploaded to your gallery/album.I copy/paste the bbcode url for the image into my post.

T

Tarus Bulbar

Awesome looking buds Kit Kat!!
Really glad you came back to finish the
thread with sweet pics!!
What is your yield with this round!? :tiphat:

Kit Kat

Heya Greenadian, thanks a lot!

Not sure yet, they've been hang drying with a small fan pulling through a scrubber to keep the air moving a bit and the smell down. rH in there just dropped 6-10% overnight and when I feel the day 63 chopped buds the outsides feel crispy, even if the stems aren't quite to snapping yet.

Based on that I'm going to start doing the manicure trim tonight and I'll start weighing before they go into paper bags for a couple days and get an idea then!

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Kit Kat... gimme a break, break me off a piece of that, OG Kush. ;) sorry couldn't resist it!

looks like a pretty decent haul you got there, enjoy the fruits of you labor man!

Kit Kat

My buddy showed me "Trading Places" for the first time while we trimmed up this half pound and drank good wines.

The N overdose fluffed the buds out more'n I wanted and adding the shooting powder later exacerbated it but it smokes pretty well so far and definitely has a soaring head high. Unfortunately can't tell what it smells like, still a bit clogged, but that'll hafta wait for the cure anyways.

8.5oz

random shots

foxtail example (quite of few of these but ah well)

terrible foxtail, this stuff got tossed into the trim pile for extracting

Based on what's left I probably did 2, maybe 2.5 if I'm really lucky - but I doubt it. Definitely room for improvement for next time! Considering rives suggestion of this mix instead of straight coco because of the weird watering issues that I've been having with coco+blumat... but I'm not sure if it really matters yet.

Kit Kat

Finished trimming late last night after being at it all weekend, final weigh in came to:

41.5 oz dry, with 11 oz of trim, better'n expected!