What's new

Killing trees stealthily

Try drilling 1/2" diameter holes in the tree, then fill hole with potassium nitrate. One of it's uses is to accelerate rotting in stumps.

Koi

Okay, I haven't read the whole thread. But I might have the solution.
This is a old technique.
All you got to do is to remove the bark on the tree completely in a circle around 5-10 cm wide along the whole circumference of the tree. Then the top won't get any nutrient or water, since you have stopped it's veins. Then all you got to do is to wait for it to slowly die.
It will bleed and dry out.

Warped1

I'm a victim of fast women and slow horses
Veteran
hey, i didn't invent it. if it's his land, and he's paying/payed the property taxes for it then he can do what he wishes..

Well, maybe you can show us all where he said it was his property...and if it was his..to do totally what he wanted.. why would it have to be stealthy? What a guy can'y cut a few trees down on his own property??Or all of them? Figure it out

MildeStoner

Veteran
And about the land: We live on a big property, me in one house, my uncle and auntie in the other one, grandmother in the other one and finally my parents in the last one - people would notice if I started going rambo with a fucking chainsaw in there, they wont noticing me drilling a small hole and pouring something in though....lot of other 'skeleton' trees around here so it wont stand out or anything.
He's hiding from his family not the law. Reading the thread you post to is always a good plan...

Warped1

I'm a victim of fast women and slow horses
Veteran
Okay, I haven't read the whole thread. But I might have the solution.
This is a old technique.
All you got to do is to remove the bark on the tree completely in a circle around 5-10 cm wide along the whole circumference of the tree. Then the top won't get any nutrient or water, since you have stopped it's veins. Then all you got to do is to wait for it to slowly die.
It will bleed and dry out.

It never hurts to read the whole thread.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
no one owns any part of this planet just like that one crazy lady doesnt own the sun. we shouldnt be going around cutting down trees for no reason, just put em in another spot.

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
So I've got a few beautiful spots located for my 2011 endeavours...problem is that the whole panoramic 18hours a day sun view is ruined by some big trees growing there, and since I wont start chopping them down or climbing them to remove branches (might be to obvious, this is not in the middle of nowhere) so I was wondering if you guys got any alternative methods for killing trees, or mainly all the leaf stealing my sun.

I've heard about the copper nail, but that one takes to long time I think

So I was thinking about getting a drill, drilling a nice hole in a 45 degree angle in the bottom of the tree, toward the roots and filling with some concentrated plantkiller remedy I can buy, or maybe hydraulic oil (heard that its harsh stuff) ?

Anyone with experience please chime in, thanks in advance :)

Hmm, what do you call "big trees" ? +100 years old ? What kind of trees ? Thing is you might probably kill much much more than a few "big trees" as they are by themselves a whole ecosystem, supporting a whole range of different kinds of life forms. And that is quite worse than killing a few baby trees, aint' it ?

THere's really no other place on your land where you can grow without having to kill trees ?

If trees started mysteriously dying on my property or my neighbors I would check it out to find what the problem is. I might even call the the forestry service to see if there is a pest or disease in the area. I think messing with the trees would be a security risk. Helicopters look for the out of place and different too.

Me thinks Tilt's got a point here

Grow & let grow !

Irie !

outsidegrower

Premium user
Veteran
if you must use (tordon rtu) it's a powerful tree killer. i only ask you plant two trees for ever one you kill

G

Guest129216

Hey Puffster!

What kind of trees are they. Had some goats eating the skin of the tree from the trunk and about 1,5 meters up on birch(bjork) trees around here. Pretty big trees aswell. The trees died within a year and look like skeletons now. They also did it on some ash(ask) but they are still alive(2 years ago)... I dont understand that, but maybe they will die this year.

Good luck buddy.

catcherintheye

Well, maybe you can show us all where he said it was his property...and if it was his..to do totally what he wanted.. why would it have to be stealthy? What a guy can'y cut a few trees down on his own property??Or all of them? Figure it out

besides, this is my familys forrest so it is not like I am sneaking into some preservation and killing little baby trees.

I grow cannabis. In my home, my whole family knows it well and smells it too. They cant say much to me cause I'm as much a resident here as they are and I am doing everything by law on top of that they really don't care.

I still am stealthy about everything. I do everything at night if it is not in my room. I hide and am very secretive about what I do, both out of respect and because its none of their business. Its hard to hide plants outdoors so in my case I'm fucked, they can stare and be amazed.

In puffs case maybe he doesnt want his family knowing, or if they do know, keep it out of their eyes just out of respect maybe? ever use your noggins guys? maybe other family members residing on the property have children and puff doesnt want the plants in their view or anywhere near them.

This threads funny, I mourn the damn tree but im sure youll plant many more than one and that you care for your land well. People who hate are damn jealous they dont have the dilemma of how to get rid of a tree so they can plant a crop of cannabis in its space.

600full-misty-marie.jpg

Just have her do it, they will be so distracted by her tits they won't even notice.

ddrew

Veteran
600full-misty-marie.jpg

Just have her do it, they will be so distracted by her tits they won't even notice.
1. I think that's a man
2. If he/she doesn't tighten that chain up, it's going to fly off and kill him/her halfway through the first log.

FourGreenThumbs

Just buy a Big ass Jugg of Round-Up hook it up to your garden hose and spray everything thats making shade, foliar , tall grass, pond full of baby ducks and kittens. The chem will prevent the entire tree/plant to carry water upwards. So the entire tree dries in the sun. usually 2 weeks.

There you go, clear new patch for the next 2 outdoor season.