What's new

Diary Killing it with Urban Legends Cookies, Mandarine & Sour Cheese (auto) under MH FC3000

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I hope so! And I also hope they won't stretch that much starting from now on, cause I have no more reusable plastic ties. There are 150 or 200 (can't remember for sure how many I bought) of them somewhere in there! I for sure need to get more to be prepared for future grows.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I think you may have made a mistake following my guidelines with your grow and caused a nutrient deficiency in yours. My apologies for that exploziv. There's a reason it didn't work for you and it does for me. We don't have to go into that now, I'll just hang around and watch. Your garden looks awesome! 😎

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
No worries mate. Everything I did was my decision ultimately, and it was based on advice from people and threads and also a bit research on those things as well.
When you have the time to share more, please do. I for sure would want to know what you are thinking I did to cause a lockout. Cause it's far from being so clear to me. I just think I fed too little, for now. But that was the plan to take it slow and learn to feed them. So anything helps.
Thank you very much!

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Thank you for coming by and the nice words, Mars Hydro Led ! They do look better but i need to get more nutes in them soon so I can raise light power again.
All those deficiency problems appeared when I gone from 50-60% to 75, since then I put them at ~65% while recovering, and I plan to raise it a bit more once I get them happy with the nuted they getting.
Last watering was ~500 ppm of flowering fert + 100 ppm of Ca and Mg, for 600 ppm total. PH was 6.3 in and 6.5 out. I also gone with 50% runoff, so if anything was in excess in the soil, it should be better now. So if that doesnt fixes it, my only other guess would be that they need even more food. But I won't up the dosage or light power until I see signs they getting better. Or at least I'll wait for signs they aren't getting worse. I feel I am better going ahead with slight deficiencies rather than overfert them.
Will post more pics in a day or so. :wave:

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Thank you for coming by and the nice words, Mars Hydro Led ! They do look better but i need to get more nutes in them soon so I can raise light power again.
All those deficiency problems appeared when I gone from 50-60% to 75, since then I put them at ~65% while recovering, and I plan to raise it a bit more once I get them happy with the nuted they getting.
Last watering was ~500 ppm of flowering fert + 100 ppm of Ca and Mg, for 600 ppm total. PH was 6.3 in and 6.5 out. I also gone with 50% runoff, so if anything was in excess in the soil, it should be better now. So if that doesnt fixes it, my only other guess would be that they need even more food. But I won't up the dosage or light power until I see signs they getting better. Or at least I'll wait for signs they aren't getting worse. I feel I am better going ahead with slight deficiencies rather than overfert them.
Will post more pics in a day or so. :wave:

In this stage, it is better to keep the power around 60%. here is the recommended hanging distance above canopy at different stage for your reference.

FC-3000 hanging.jpg

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Well I am not yet past defs but I am closing in on them. At least that is what I think. Still trying to figure out exactly what went wrong. One thing is for sure, it's not a simple, one thing wrong problem, but a sum of factors that got me here. It would have been easy to explain and fix otherwise.
So next grow I will simplify my methods and feeding even more, get a better soiless mix going and start feeding proper from the get go.
By the looks of it, this is gonna be a good run even after counting the problems I got. I mean, if I get some experience and good, smokable bud, I am a happy grower. Yet I still look forward to that first grow where I can feed them proper and sustain them under the intense lights and good environment, and finish without visible defs.
Thank you for watching my journey and I hope you get a great run with your new light.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Some pics to show progress! (After the long text update, lol)
I just took them out to examine closer one last timw and tried to clean any leaves that were yellow on the underside (1 or 2 per plant), any suckers that were not grown enaugh to reach thr light anytime soon, and also tied or clamped (with some new clips I got) some of the tops so they mantain some degree of uniformity. The ones in the back I left a bit taller, as a better backdrop for future pics, cause my phone and camera freak out when they see the powerful light reflected of the tents reflective material. This is a problem I never had with my old tent, so both my eyes and cameras tell me the reflective material material on the mars hydro tent does its job.
Some of them still look a bit bad and will probably never fully recover even if everything goes smooth from now on, but hey, we're like 45 days into this grow and I can show you guys bud macros. It ain't that bad! Pics are taken at random, didn't try to show more nice plants/buds or worse ones, just a bit of both. If anyone can tell give me any advice on how and what to feed better, please do!
Also, if anyone can tell me what interactions happen between Ca (maybe Mg too) and P/K when you mix them in water, I'd be very grateful. I noticed some of my nutes say to not mix those, and I also observed precipitate when I did it. Last watering I tried to apply the Cal Mag after the main nute watering, to see if it's better. Recomandations on how to manage feeding those so I don't mix or precipitate any of them would be also very helpful.
Now, I know.. you all waiting for the pics, so here they are:
Click image for larger version  Name:	noexif_9514ded5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	496.2 KB ID:	18003900

Click image for larger version  Name:	noexif_9514ded5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	496.2 KB ID:	18003900

The above is just to see how stable the environment is. Top line is current temperature, relative humidity and VPD (in mbar). Third line is the averaged values over the last 6 hours. The live humidity is a bit higher because or the watering, but it will get in line with the average values soon. I got the controller responsive enaugh that it will sense even the opening of the tent door very fast, acting in ~30 seconds to correct environment, if needed.
See you guys and gals soon! Don't forget to join the conversation if you feel like it. My thread is open to all of you!
One more pic, it didn't load as fullsize on the first try:

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
looking sweet exploziv
seems you have the problems sorted out with them
happy budding times ahead
i got things sorted with mars(thanks Mars Hydro Led for all your help) and got myself an FCE3000 so i'm watching your progress on this

thanks for your support. I noticed that have used the voucher code in our order system. Hope you will like the light. :biggrin:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Thank you all for checking my thread and for the nice words!
I had no time to take pics with the dslr today, but since I did a watering I also took some fast pics with the phone.
Still not 100% recovered, but I think I figured out my Ca problems so they should get better with each watering.
noexif_3e933241.jpg

noexif_d9571a3e.jpg

Environmental data, with 6 hours average on line 3 again. As you can see the average environment is perfect, but the live data shows momentary environment with tent door open and just after the watering. Again, those conditions will be solved very fast, once I close tent door.
noexif_98902c45.jpg

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Hello! I watered the plants and did a light spray of epsom salts. Because I seen some mg defs. I did some tests on best ph to watered them with and I tried a watering of PH5.8 instead of the usual PH6.3 this week. The next day they showed slight mg defs, confirming that 6.3 is the way to go. I also added extra epsom salt to my watering, but I wanted some fast relief as well so decided to do a high pressure spray of it as well. I winn now let ventilation run on full for a while so there is no danger of mold.
The watering I just did was PH6.3 @ 520 PPM in / PH 6.7 @ 700 ppm out. Togheter with the mg spray it should put them right back on track.
Since I had to mix new epsom into water, I also did the measurements that were promised on how much my epsom salts RAISE (not including initial water TDS) ppm in the water, and it turns out it's like 300-320 ppm per gr added to a liter. 1 gram is like half a teaspoon, so that's about all I need for spraying. Keep in mind not all epsom is created equally, so mineral contents in them vary. I am just providing a guideline for you guys, but always measure if you want to be sure about your mix.
Been lazy about pics again, so no dslr pics today. But don't worry, they haven't changed much, it seems the focus is now more on growing resin than growing the buds. The smells in there also getting sweeter. And the Mandarines (middle row from left to right) are slowly catching up on the Cookies as well. They were the ones that germinated a bit later so the extra fkups I had with soil PH and nutes initially mad them worse than the rest of the plants, but I suspect some of the Mandarines will catch up and even surpass some or all of the Cookies in size by harvest time.
Click image for larger version  Name:	noexif_9e93d2d1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	505.6 KB ID:	18006489

Again, VPD controller data from right now (tent door open, just watered) on line 1, and 6 hours average on line 3. You can really see how stable the environment has got, and all that is achived just by controlling ventilation right now. They are putting more than enaugh humidity into the air themselves, so no need for a humidifier now.
Click image for larger version  Name:	noexif_9e93d2d1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	505.6 KB ID:	18006489

See you guys and gals soon! :wave:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Same ones you seen earlier in the thread, about 5 liters volume. Thank you for checking my thread, Creeperpark !

Your plants look very nice, and I think you got them back on track. It's my pleasure to watch how someone grows when they know what they are doing. I learn a lot from watching you. Thank you 😎

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Your plants look very nice, and I think you got them back on track. It's my pleasure to watch how someone grows when they know what they are doing. I learn a lot from watching you. Thank you 😎

Thank you for the nice words! While I do feel I got them back on track, and that I'll have good results, I must say this round was a bad start cause of the soil mix and ph problems I started with. I did learned a lot on what to change next time and how to do it. I could actually say this is the grow I learned the most, till now. I still look forward to that grow where I keep them healthy with no defs, and it looks like it is getting closer as well.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Nice Work exploziv keep at it my friend..

Thank you, bro! Will try to post some macros today or tommorow. Last week the buds didn't grow much, but most of them got covered in resin. Smell is the tent is also fantastic, frutty-sweet, almost tropical.

Latest posts

Latest posts