What's new

Diary Killing it with Urban Legends Cookies, Mandarine & Sour Cheese (auto) under MH FC3000

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Anyway, today they reached 1.8 EC runoff and I am at 0.8 EC input. next reservoir will be at 0.5 EC.
Buds started swelling a bit and they needing a bit more water again. The smell is getting crazy! All good by now! More pics in a few days, once there are some changes to take pics of..

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Some random macros at 10 to 11 weeks from seed:
noexif_d98c5bbd.jpg

noexif_67dbb289.jpg

noexif_4e7a5d54.jpg

noexif_f6d29fbe.jpg

noexif_6e8cdd0c.jpg

noexif_8553e944.jpg

noexif_0efc6721.jpg

noexif_fc312e7f.jpg

noexif_8b6d42fe.jpg

:wave:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Thank you! Happy to grow and smoke this one, for sure! And by what I seen on the more advanced plant, resin will get a bit better too over the next 2 to 2.5 weeks or whatever this needs to finish. They certainly move faster than you would expect in late flower.
I must say I am already in love with the high just from the 2 joints i made out of some tops that were ready or very close to.. Potency is also some of the best I ever seen, this Auto should come with a warning! But I will tell you more later, after I harvest and properly dry some of it.

This morning I watered in till I set the runoff at 1.6 EC. About half a reservoir of 0.8 EC solution left and then we go lower, or maybe just water. For now they get a very dilute mix of just the high demand elements for late flower, plus a bit of N to stay green and very little Ca to continue buffering the coco.

Looks like textbook cheese buds to me..:hotbounce

I'm not familiar with autos but to me some look like they may go another 4 weeks..?

Getting up to high EC isn't necessarily bad, to push a plant to the limit requires testing as each plant can be different.. and even if you caused some stress its probably a good thing because the weed can become better, in potency and terps..

Sounds like 'stacking' which is watering high EC in short bursts all through the day n night so there is no dry back and the salt doesn't become too concentrated in the media.. after you reach the desired high EC then you reset the media.. and do it again:headbange

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Thank you bro! They look like thy got a bit more to me to, but the ones that look ready and also smoked right in sampling, were just about the same less than 2 weeks, and they all go fast now. I expect around 2 to 2.5 weeks more, but we'll see.
As about the rest.. I was stacking and wasn't even knowing I do it! :muhaha: Just reading on this stuff brother. I am eager to learn and I have some friends that help my with their experience as well. But this stacking stuff came unplanned I would say, it's just how coco behaves. I need to learn to play to it and other strenghts of coco.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Looks like textbook cheese buds to me..:hotbounce

I did not coment on that since I never had the real cheese, but sure nice to hear that! I am also pleased with the quality of it and now that I heard it looks like the real deal maybe that's why.
Peace and puffs, brother! Can't wait to see 100% sativas in a similar set-up, but a bit bigger! I am already planning that new one!

I did not coment on that since I never had the real cheese, but sure nice to hear that! I am also pleased with the quality of it and now that I heard it looks like the real deal maybe that's why.
Peace and puffs, brother! Can't wait to see 100% sativas in a similar set-up, but a bit bigger! I am already planning that new one!

Check out 'cheese brightside cut' thread.. see the tight dready buds

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Daytime environment:
noexif_1a9580bc.jpg

I also set the runoff ec at 1.25 mS this morning. Should go under 1 this week! Will soon start to add 0.5 EC finishing nute solution to the 0.8 ec late flower tank that is getting low, about a third full now.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
The input tank is now at 0.55 mS EC, last tank before I move to only water feed. I have also set it up so more runoff is obtained with each watering, trying to get them to runoff around 0.5 till harvest!

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I have used last of my 0.5 EC solution, only water from tonight. And I really mean I used it all, till the pump was pumping air along with the water it was able to pick from the bottom of the reservoir! The runoff was just a bit over 1 EC after the healthy watering with lots of runoff this morning, so we're getting there with my plan to get in under 0.5 till the end. Pictures will come in a few days, just want to have some diferences to show between updates! I even try to check on them more rarely myself so I observe the subtle end of slower changes better.
Meanwhile, I tested my first normally dried sample, and I must say I am impressed, both the the cheese taste and high, but also at the fact that I am growing cleaner cannabis in coco! I always felt that no ammount of flushing would save some soil crops from being harsh in the past, when growing in soil. Now I can tell you that even fast dried samples I had while plants were still in high EC were great, and way smoother than any fast sample I had in the past. I can already fell the taste, which is great, samples usually have the hay component pretty much covering all up, well no, this is a velvety vanilla wood base with sweet candy high notes and after taste, even when fast dried. Almost like a nice hi end cigar, but without the tabacco component, the bitterness, just the nice parts. I have been told this cures into great green grapefruit taste, so plan once I harvest them is I am gonna enjoy the popcorn while waiting for the bigger buds to get some curing. You'll see what popcorn means, tho! The small buds are resinous down to the last 15-20 cm near the base, that I should have cleaned anyway, but I was stupid enaugh to no clear before flowering. Belive it or now, at that time I was thinking plants will be too small anyway, so those would get good lighting though the small canopy. :D

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Everything sounds and look very nice explo :headbange:groupwave:

Peace :tiphat:

Thank you, man!

I would say any of them that have orange hairs in the tops are less than 1.5 weeks away from chop. The others might need a week more. But as just 20% of them seem to be delayed (and I think that was because they were out of direct lighting for some weeks in mid flower.) I hope to find a timeframe in the next 1.5 to 2 weeks that works for all of them, as it would be very hard to harvest some but leave some up. And also not efficient to run light for just a 1/6 of the canopy, when new run already waiting to get it's fair share of care and attention.
Hopefully the forum change that's in the works will be done and we can start the new adventure around 4.20 on the new forums! Puffing to that! :wave: