What's new

Diary Killing it with Urban Legends Cookies, Mandarine & Sour Cheese (auto) under MH FC3000

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Hello again! Things move fast around here, so let's see what they been up to!
Just before the transplant:
Click image for larger version  Name:	noexif_c4f48e48.jpg Views:	1 Size:	298.9 KB ID:	17971759 A cool photo through the top of the light:
Click image for larger version  Name:	noexif_dd6deb54.jpg Views:	1 Size:	371.1 KB ID:	17971760 Another view:
Click image for larger version  Name:	noexif_c4f48e48.jpg Views:	1 Size:	298.9 KB ID:	17971759 3 x Killer Mandarine in the front
6 x Killer Cookie in the back
Don't worry! They are not even a bit discoloured, they are lush green so far, but the light is very intense and whitewashes the images a bit. We are up to 15% power, from the 10% I had till now.
I didn't even closed the tent door and the humidity from spraying already started rising:
Click image for larger version  Name:	noexif_c4f48e48.jpg Views:	1 Size:	298.9 KB ID:	17971759
Thank you for checking my thread! See you again soon! :joint: :wave:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
This morning, after a nice spray with water:
Click image for larger version  Name:	noexif_8f08d0fd.jpg Views:	1 Size:	303.2 KB ID:	17972373 Click image for larger version  Name:	noexif_8f08d0fd.jpg Views:	1 Size:	303.2 KB ID:	17972373 Going good so far!
They are now about 10 days from seeds cracking and about week from germination.
Also, some details from transplant, they almost all had roots at least 3/4 deep into.the containers (last 1 cm at the bottom was perlite so not all entered that layer yet before transplant). 2 of them had roots almost to the bottom, and the small one that is behind had roots very small, only like 3 cm across rootball including soil. She is behind because she somehow ended up the wront way in at birth ( found the root peeking out of the soil, was thinking its the stem and she rot, then I move it and see the head in the soil). At first I suspected she had negative gravitropism, but upon turning it around she started growing with her sisters, even if a bit behind. The reason she ended up backwards was probably too shallow planting.
So we have 8 healthy plants with roots almost as big as the old containers, and one that is behind but recovering.
See you soon for more updates.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
The environment data outside the tent is monitored by the new version of controller, that's in the works.
noexif_99780f65.jpg

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
First of all, I must say that with the reflective power or the tent and also the power of the light, I'm oficially wearing glasses near the plants again. This wasn't needed for me since blurple led times, over 5 years ago. And the light is still under 20%. Can't look at them plants for more than 1 second, just the reflected power is enaugh to make you close your eyes.
I feel much better with the protective eyewear on. Also, I was lucky to find a nice shade (some weird amber-orangeish hue) that corrects the whitewash and colour deviation of the light spectrum very well. With glasses on I see them same colours as real colours when led is off, just a bit darker.
Just after their misting with water:
Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2081597.jpg Views:	3 Size:	327.0 KB ID:	17973280 Click image for larger version  Name:	noexif_b40f31ef.jpg Views:	0 Size:	445.0 KB ID:	17973283 Can you guess which pic is taken through the glasses lens?
Edit1: and env. data:
noexif_8ac0333d.jpg

Last edited:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Now, just to see how good the tent and controller thing is, here are conditions inside(measured at canopy level, on the side on the canopy):
Click image for larger version  Name:	noexif_b26c4cb6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	33.0 KB ID:	17973384 And here are the conditions outside the tent (measured on an workbench in my garage, while working on the new controller):
Click image for larger version  Name:	noexif_b26c4cb6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	33.0 KB ID:	17973384 And for now... controller only controlls the exhaust fan. No humidifier added yet.
So it's going good.
I guess this also shows the light doesn't really heat up the air that much. Its cooler in the tent than in the room it draws air from.
Also thinking about how much just 1 degree C difference and 11% RH diference can mean that much to a plant.
Going from 10 mBar to 15 mBar is massive diference for a plant. Like we would feel when going from perfect temperature and weather to very hot and sunny where you can barely take it without lots of liquids.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Ok. They been transplanted but into same soil as before, same bag.
They not been over and under watered.
Light was around 10% before, it's 20% since yesteday. Light was 25 cm away. (Now I put it 30 cm away.)
And new growth looks like that:
noexif_67d30c86.jpg
noexif_73d70c78.jpg
noexif_02548880.jpg
Now, since over and underwatering can be eliminated, and they received no nutes, who can help me figure this out?
Is it light? Do I keep light further away and hope for the best? Is it ph? Is it a deff? (Altrough highly improbable since they just been transplanted) Honestly I have no ideea.
One thing I know for sure. I won't suppose this is a deff and try to treat is with calmag as before. Cause it has no logic to be that. Help me!

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I'd like to check ph but I fear if I water enaugh to get runoff then maybe I make available more of the nutes that fked it up in the first place. What would you guys do in this case?

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Happy weekend brother,
I think I'd move the lights further away... I'm currently using a TS1000 and SP3000 and even though the clones have rooted and are in full veg, I keep them at least 50cm away... and the SP3000 dialed down to 25%.
Funny observation: My mothers which I keep on minimal feed in small pots were showing the same problems, with yellowing new growth and all and feeding them some Formulex from Growth Tech brought them back to 100% happy. It contains some sulphur I believe.
EDIT: No sulphur in formulex... just NPK, zinc, iron, manganese...
Best of luck
CC

Last edited:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
After a talk with a friend of mine that is a more experinced grower i decided it's a iron def and maybe some ph trouble. As my soilless mix i bought is buffered to PH 6.4 and I was watering in PH 7.3 water each watering, my ph was off. Not an expert, but I watered in PH 5.9 and runoff was PH 7.3.
With help from my friend, I also decided to spray them with a micronutrient foliar feed high in readly available iron. (Fe 230 ppm)
Let's hope for the best!
noexif_48b04381.jpg
noexif_5b6cd4d5.jpg

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Happy weekend brother,
I think I'd move the lights further away... I'm currently using a TS1000 and SP3000 and even though the clones have rooted and are in full veg, I keep them at least 50cm away... and the SP3000 dialed down to 25%.
Funny observation: My mothers which I keep on minimal feed in small pots were showing the same problems, with yellowing new growth and all and feeding them some Formulex from Growth Tech brought them back to 100% happy. It contains some sulphur I believe.
EDIT: No sulphur in formulex... just NPK, zinc, iron, manganese...
Best of luck
CC

Thank you bro for coming in on this! I will slowly move the light away when I tune it up. For now 20% at about 35 cm away seems resonable. I should also say that the sp is much more concentrated light that this one, even if the are same power. The ts1000 you should probably keep closer than the sp3000 as well, maybe like 25-40 cm depending on what power its set to.
But the fact you had same problem and fixed with that product tells me it's probably Fe.. so maybe I am on the way of fixing this..

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
After a talk with a friend of mine that is a more experinced grower i decided it's a iron def and maybe some ph trouble. As my soilless mix i bought is buffered to PH 6.4 and I was watering in PH 7.3 water each watering, my ph was off. Not an expert, but I watered in PH 5.9 and runoff was PH 7.3.
With help from my friend, I also decided to spray them with a micronutrient foliar feed high in readly available iron. (Fe 230 ppm)
Let's hope for the best!
filedata/fetch?id=17973926&d=1635081347

Good to hear that the problem has been figured out. best wishes for them. :yay:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Hello Mars Hydro Led!
They sure have grown a bit and look better. Certainly the problems did not progress further so far. Luckly, Iron is one of the micronutrient deficiencies they can totally recover from if you catch it early.
I would say the micronutrient foliar spray was a succes!
P.S. I kinda like the fact that I can take pich through the top of the FC3000 light, without moving it up for better picture angle!
Click image for larger version  Name:	noexif_0714d8af.jpg Views:	0 Size:	516.8 KB ID:	17974375

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Hello Mars Hydro Led!
They sure have grown a bit and look better. Certainly the problems did not progress further so far. Luckly, Iron is one of the micronutrient deficiencies they can totally recover from if you catch it early.
I would say the micronutrient foliar spray was a succes!
P.S. I kinda like the fact that I can take pich through the top of the FC3000 light, without moving it up for better picture angle!
filedata/fetch?id=17974375&d=1635145413

:good:good to hear that.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Going good so far. Yesterday I sprayed them with seaweed extract. Recovery is still going, the newest, smallest nodes are lush green on every plant now. They seem happy. In a day or 2 they will need a watering. And I will probably go with half feed on it.. see how they react.
So far I only needed a cheap (but well calibrated with 2 point calibration) PH meter. I will probably use a TDS meter soon. And I also use my growroom controller. It doesn't do much anyway, yet. Since I only hooked the extractor fan to it so far. (the ambiental cooler fans are as well hooked to it, but those are set to full time on, 12W pwm. So it just powers them, without any control so far.)
Work on the new model is also going well, I have all the menu functions made, just a bit more submenu functions to implement in code, and then it's testing time. If all is going good it will be hooked to this grow by the time flowering starts.
Thank you guys for checking my thread! Will update with more pics later this week.

Last edited:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Things are going good! They went so well they needed water already. So they drinking a lot and growing. Those weird discolorations seem to slowly get fixed in the older leaves.
Here they are after a half feed with half a dose regular fertiliser and half a dose CalMag booster:
noexif_a531b416.jpg
noexif_533afc5e.jpg

And environmental data:
noexif_a37b1430.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts