What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Killer A5 Haze

rolandomota

Veteran
I really like this a5 haze strain but often I have to choose between smoking or seeds I usually pick smoking its some Mexican brick with seeds and I always dream about crossing them with things like killer a5. I need to pick buying killer a5 seeds one day

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
THE MYTHICAL A5 HAZE MEETS OUR MALAWI KILLER TO CREATE OUR MOST POWERFUL, TRIPPY AND NARCOTIC HYBRID

Here at ACE Seeds we’ve done it again with Killer A5 Haze, creating a monstrous new sativa hybrid that has the potential to produce the most potent plants, with the highest amount of THC in our catalogue.

A5 Haze is one of the rarest mothers (and probably the most powerful one) belonging to the family of Dutch elite clones of Haze hybrids that Nevil Schoenmakers developed at the end of the 80s and that are still preserved to this day. This Northern Lights #5/Haze A mother is characterised by its extremely trippy and devastating potency, high production and by its incensed, organic and meaty aromas of authentic Dutch 'Old School' Haze with a greater influence from ancient Colombian sativas. The rarity of this A5 Haze mother is due to Nevil losing the Haze A male very early on, meaning that seeds were never produced in commercial quantities using this Haze A male.

With Killer A5 Haze our main goal was to create a sativa dominant hybrid that would maintain (and even exceed) the extreme potency, high vigour and high yields of the A5 mother, and we have achieved this by hybridising her with the killer phenotypes of our powerful Malawi, with which we have increased the THC content even further, reaching as high as 30% (the upper limit that cannabis plants can produce). At the same time we have considerably increased resin production and trichome size, and we have reduced the long flowering time of the A5 Haze to something more moderate (not only indoors, but also in its faster reaction to flowering outdoors) without having to introduce indica genetics. Despite its great sativa vigour and its very high production, Killer A5 Haze grows with a contained and manageable size, making it our sativa dominant hybrid with the highest production per m2.

In Killer A5 Haze we find 4 phenotypes:

- Haze dominant pheno: This phenotype is the one that shows the greatest Colombian sativa influence from the Haze A male, producing huge and beautiful colas with an excellent flower/leaf ratio, which mature with elegant and delicate reflowerings. Woody and incensed aromas of pure Haze. The resin production of this pheno is good, but not as extreme as in the following 3 phenotypes. Flowering time: 75-90 days.

- NL/Haze pheno: This pheno shows a greater indica influence from the Northern Lights, and therefore a smaller size, faster flowering and lower flower/leaf ratio. It is also the most faithful to the characteristics of the original A5 Haze mother, producing rounded and very resinous flowers with a silver appearance, which produces characteristic horn-shaped reflowerings at the end of flowering. Incensed, meaty (liver) and organic (petals of decaying flowers) aromas. Flowering time: 66-80 days.

- Haze/Malawi pheno: Sativa dominant and well balanced pheno in terms of displaying characteristics from both Haze A and Malawi parents. It produces huge, very dense colas, with an excellent flower/leaf ratio, with the gleaming resin coverage of our Malawi. It produces slight reflowerings in its final stages, although not as pronounced as in the first 2 phenos. Incense and woody Haze aromas, with the oily and resinous background of Malawi. Flowering time: 75-85 days.

- Silverish Malawi pheno: Monstrous sativa phenotype with a greater Malawi influence. Incredibly high flower to leaf ratio, very high production, with the classic huge trichomes and ovaries of our Malawi, and with a prodigious resin production that lends it an aggressive silverish appearance when mature, bringing the characteristics of Malawi Killer phenotypes to very extreme levels that have rarely been reached before. Flowering time: 75-85 days.

Killer A5 Haze is one of the first joint projects between ACE Seeds and Yo Sammy, a member of the small group of growers in South Holland who have preserved the elite clones of Nevil’s Haze hybrids for almost 3 decades. These Dutch elite 'old school' Haze clones were the fundamental parentals in the Netherlands of the 90s, used to develop the best Haze hybrids in History. Unfortunately, the best sativa qualities of these legendary Haze hybrids, and their unique incense terpene profile that led them to be globally recognised as the best sativa hybrids were diluted and brutalised (in particular over the last 2 decades), constantly mixed with indica or skunk genetics in an attempt to shorten their flowering time.

With these new projects, our priority will be to try to raise the bar of Sativa Haze breeding, by crossing these old elite Dutch Haze clones with elite parentals of our most worked sativa varieties, and also in organoleptic terms, experimenting with different types of incense profiles by hybridising elite parents in this regard.

We’d especially like to thank Karma for rescuing the A5 Haze mother, and for offering it to us for the development of Killer A5 Haze.
Special thanks to all the growers who helped us to test Killer A5 Haze for the last year and a half: Syd Barret, Spaventa, beanz, deepwaterdude, Buddler, Neiko and many others :huggg:

AVAILABLE IN FEMINIZED FORMAT
POLYHYBRID
% SATIVA / INDICA: 80 % SATIVA / 20 % INDICA
FLOWERING INDOORS: 9-12 WEEKS
FLOWERING OUTDOORS: END OF OCTOBER / EARLY NOVEMBER
YIELD / M2: VERY HIGH
RESISTANCE AGAINST SPIDER MITES: AVERAGE – HIGH
RESISTANCE AGAINST MILDEW: HIGH
RESISTANCE AGAINST BOTRYTIS: AVERAGE
RESISTANCE AGAINST WHITE FLY: AVERAGE – HIGH
RESISTANCE AGAINST COLD: AVERAGE – HIGH
RESISTANCE AGAINST HEAT: HIGH
LATITUDE: 0º-43º
THC: 23-30 %
CBD: Null
CBG: 0.3 %
Terpene profile: It mainly contains the following monoterpenes: high amounts of beta myrcene and smaller amounts of limonene. Sesquiterpenes: Only beta caryophyllene.

GENETICS: A5 Haze by Nevil (Northern Lights #5/HazeA) x Malawi Killer.
STRUCTURE: Excellent vigour. Branched sativa structure with medium internode distance, of a contained and manageable size and stretch.
BOUQUET: Dutch old school dark incensed Haze aroma, meaty (liver), with a strong organic/rotten background, with final touches of decomposing flower petals, resin and cured wood.
HIGH: Extraordinarily powerful, complex, profound and long lasting. Psychedelic beginning that completely changes visual, auditory and tactile perception, catapulting the psyche to new dimensions where there seems to be no tangible reality. As the effect develops, it produces an uncontrollable hilarity, later becoming more introspective and physical, producing strong dissociation of mind and body, and a strong final narcosis similar to opiates. Recommended only for the most intrepid and experienced psychonauts. It can cause panic and/or complete physical debilitation to users with low tolerance or without experience with strong sativas of this caliber. Nothing will be ever the same after trying Killer A5 Haze.

GROWING TIPS

Indoors, outstanding results can be achieved in terms of quality and production with a correct and abundant feeding and strong light intensity. A sativa hybrid that’s very well suited to SCROG culture due to its excellent branching and lateral production.

Outdoors, it can be cultivated up to 43º latitude, although it is a variety that works best in climates with hot summers and warm, dry autumn weather, due to the density and size that its flowers can reach.

We recommend high levels of nutrients for the whole cycle.
Wow! Congrats, coming from you this has to be excellent, great to see!

goingrey

This cross is so interesting. Not that 'the most powerful high' is what i would be going for, but sometimes interested in breeding tools for upping potency in other favorite plants, especially when the yield is good.

i have always admired @dubi 's strain list descriptions, but have also wondered what the definition of 'bouquet' is. Does that mean the aroma in the bag, or while growing? In my experience, there can be a vast difference between the two.

Quality of the high is of course much more important than potency. But if the quality is there, potency is very important, when trying to get the most out of whatever space/electricity is available for the grow...

As a breeding tool for me at least it is the pure/inbred lines that are more interesting, like the Malawi. Should provide really vigorous children in crosses. And maybe a bit more uniformity than a polyhybrid would. But of course what is interesting depends on the breeding goals...

At least in the case of wine the term bouquet is used for the aroma after the wine has been aged: https://winefolly.com/tips/tips-on-tasting-wine-bouquet-vs-aroma/

Surely it would refer to the smell in the jar post-cure when talking about cannabis flowers? That is how I understand it.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks guys for all your great contributions to this thread :thank you:

@dreaded yours finished on a very Old Malawi Killer fashion. How it was ? oily woody terps ? Really strong and long lasting effect ?

nice olday looks like a Colombian red stemmed Haze leaning pheno.
Glad you liked the strain. What kind of terpenes and type of effects did you find ? The bud pic looks fire ;) Thanks for your feedback!
Killer A5 Haze was my favorite last year. Looks innocent but kicks hard

So glad to know it 😜 hehehehe yeah, i agree

she looked lovely after 40 days of flowering @Peter_Matanzas (y) how did she finish ?
Hello everyone :whee:,smoke pre-report, still not fully cured approaching 4 months of curing, never cultivated, malawi, and I couldn't grow A5 S1 either.

but when I open the pot my flowers smell like a florist's cold room, like flowers in uncovered, it does not smell of marijuana, very discreet in smell, when you chop the flowers you realize that it is full of resin dust, a lot of resin, when you light the cigarette the first 3 to 6 puffs there is hardly any smell or taste, but a Once the cigarette is well lit, there is a super boom of smells and flavors, garage oil, wood, incense, hashish, something meaty like leather, pine or fir resin or similar trees, quite dense smoke, I really like those terpenes or essential oils, with a very pleasant sweet undertone on the palate, strange and special herb, commercial nothing very charming, extremely powerful I think it is the most powerful herb that I grow and smoke, smoking half a gram of this herb in a cigarette yes n that it goes out is a challenge I end up with my whole face and head sweaty hehehe, I think my phenotype is malawi haze, this is just an early smoke report I will let the flowers cure for 3 more months

this season is my first year with ace seeds, and all I tried was a very strong herb, I strongly recommend you let these sativa varieties cure for at least 5 months and you will see how much more powerful and refined they become, try 2 bangi do one it is more electric but the other one with earlier flowering is extremely powerful, I tried the Panama x bangi haze and it is very powerful and now after 5 months of curing it is noticeably more powerful than after 2 months of curing, probe killer A5 and the same herb very powerful, I tried the Chinese Haze x Kali and it is also an herb with a good power a smell of ripe tropical fruit, wood, incense, hashish a very special variety, and I tried the super malawi haze this variety with 4 months of curing is EXTREMELY powerful it gives me the feeling that it is a little more powerful than killer A5 haze, I hope I have helped greetings

Muchas gracias @El Quijote you know i melt reading your inspired smoke reports ehhehehehe :giggle:
Yeah right, Nevil's Haze and A5 Haze crossed with our Killer Malawis is up there with the strongest possible effects.
What's your favorite between the 2: Killer A5 Haze and Super Malawi Haze ?

lovely couple you got @Snipp :D the bigger, long flowering one is showing strong Haze influence, the smaller faster flowering looks mostly like a NL-Malawi expression.
How is each on the nose ? Be more gentle with the feeding of the big one, the smaller one looks like will be ready soon!

Bravo J@ck glad you had a successful harvest, looked a bit underfeeded, why you didn't plant them directly in the soil ?

Good luck with yours outdoors RizlaMan 🙌 please keep us updated.

MrFancyPlants love your work at the garden! Excited to follow upcoming weeks of flowering on your 2 girls.

@Nannymouse by bouquet we mean the organoleptic (terpene) properties of the strain: both in flowering and in finished product
I really like this a5 haze strain but often I have to choose between smoking or seeds I usually pick smoking its some Mexican brick with seeds and I always dream about crossing them with things like killer a5. I need to pick buying killer a5 seeds one day

I already did Oaxaca 79 x A5 Haze @rolandomota i'm vaping it every morning ✌️

(i hope i don't forget anyone). Thanks everyone for your great contributions! :hotbounce

Yo Sammy

Veteran
Nice work.
From my own experience growing these kind of powerful NLD dom hybrids placed under LED’s increased red light output from mid to end flower will help reduce flower time.
Most LED’s radiate higher blue light which works great for overall plant vitality but I don’t want vital green plants before harvest, I aim to stress the living daylights out of them producing abundant & most sticky flowers with no leaf left.
People in the LED business should pay more attention in differentiating their gear to suit different cultivars. They all aim to achieve a light that suits the needs of cannabis varieties in general missing the correct nuances from various varieties native geographical locations and the way the sunlight differentiates at each location.
NLD cultivars are tropical varieties that need a tropical more red spectrum instead of a subtropical or other regions where blue light is more abundant.
To flower NLD hybrids under LED they should start from our beloved & preferred HID/HPS spectrum or PAR output and copy/paste/enhance.
Just my take on lights and all…
Cheers for the feedback and show: extremely appreciated!
:tiphat:

Snipp

How is each on the nose ? Be more gentle with the feeding of the big one, the smaller one looks like will be ready soon!
I am not so much in tasting, but I would say they smell like the Malawi x China. When opening the tent you smell a typical Sativa smell from a good stuffed tent.

And I don't feed much nutrients, the plants apparently don't need much. Some P and CalMag for flowering, but now I stopped. As long they do not show any problems just water.

Synthracer

Let the fun begin...
20220608_004605.jpg

5x Killer A5 Haze reg.

I hope I get a nice Male out of my Ultra Early Love F7 (bred towards the Sativa-Pheno) , to cross it with KA5H. The goal is to create a powerful sativa, which matures in time on my lat. (48)

blondie

KA5H after a light rain. It’s growing nicely.

Attachments

• 58CAF92A-0A6C-4147-B3FA-194206773CAC.jpeg
    58CAF92A-0A6C-4147-B3FA-194206773CAC.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 43
  • 5A2D733E-5349-453B-BD01-D70E6EC30648.jpeg
    5A2D733E-5349-453B-BD01-D70E6EC30648.jpeg
    761.2 KB · Views: 49
  • C2B0A8A4-F35A-4198-86E8-A0EF147040E3.jpeg
    C2B0A8A4-F35A-4198-86E8-A0EF147040E3.jpeg
    744.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 79CACF4D-C6D6-431B-9E81-1D46A940550A.jpeg
    79CACF4D-C6D6-431B-9E81-1D46A940550A.jpeg
    793.2 KB · Views: 59

RizlaMan

Here they are one week later. Last week they were topped so both were approximately the same height and to make them bushy rather than columnar. In a week's time the new tops have grown about an inch per day. Until next time...

On a side note, I must thank YoSammy for the Killer A5 Haze (reg) and A5s1 he sent last spring. Though the pics are of feminized Killer A5 Haze he enabled a current indoor seed run in which A5s1 has been masculinized to breed A5s1, Killer A5 Haze (fem and reg), and Malawi x Panama. Thank you, Sammy

Attachments

• 20220608_080108a.jpg
    20220608_080108a.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 56

J@ck

Good day Dubi, merci beaucoup 🙂
It was my first try with guano in powder last year .
I put it too late and it didn't work well.
Growing in full soil is the best way but i can't do that. Sadly there are too much rocks and stones in that place.
KA5H is very easy to grow, a lot of vigor and a very good production.
Love that weed, hard to stop smoking :canabis:

El Quijote

Thanks guys for all your great contributions to this thread :thank you:

@dreaded yours finished on a very Old Malawi Killer fashion. How it was ? oily woody terps ? Really strong and long lasting effect ?

nice olday looks like a Colombian red stemmed Haze leaning pheno.
Glad you liked the strain. What kind of terpenes and type of effects did you find ? The bud pic looks fire ;) Thanks for your feedback!

So glad to know it 😜 hehehehe yeah, i agree

she looked lovely after 40 days of flowering @Peter_Matanzas (y) how did she finish ?

Muchas gracias @El Quijote you know i melt reading your inspired smoke reports ehhehehehe :giggle:
Yeah right, Nevil's Haze and A5 Haze crossed with our Killer Malawis is up there with the strongest possible effects.
What's your favorite between the 2: Killer A5 Haze and Super Malawi Haze ?

lovely couple you got @Snipp :D the bigger, long flowering one is showing strong Haze influence, the smaller faster flowering looks mostly like a NL-Malawi expression.

Bravo J@ck glad you had a successful harvest, looked a bit underfeeded, why you didn't plant them directly in the soil ?

Good luck with yours outdoors RizlaMan 🙌 please keep us updated.

MrFancyPlants love your work at the garden! Excited to follow upcoming weeks of flowering on your 2 girls.

@Nannymouse by bouquet we mean the organoleptic (terpene) properties of the strain: both in flowering and in finished product

I already did Oaxaca 79 x A5 Haze @rolandomota i'm vaping it every morning ✌️

(i hope i don't forget anyone). Thanks everyone for your great contributions! :hotbounce
hello dear dubi and friends, thank you very much for me it is a great pleasure to be able to smoke tests with these excellent genetics, both killer A5 haze and super malawi haze I liked them a lot and this year I repeat the killer A5 haze and super malawi haze, and to the question which variety I liked more of the two between killer A5 haze and super malawi haze, I prefer super malawi haze I find it more powerful and the effect more celebratory and very very powerful more than killer A5 haze, also super malawi haze is very very incense and that smell of grilled liver with sweet floral touches is incredible 😋

exoticrobotic

To flower NLD hybrids under LED they should start from our beloved & preferred HID/HPS spectrum or PAR output and copy/paste/enhance.
Just my take on lights and all…

Very interesting. I like LEDS but I have noticed more of a zing to everything when CMH + LED was used vs LED only.

Seems to provide more treble/bass/length to the experience.

Maple_Flail

So How has the Pheno ratios panned out over time since release? I remember reading the Malawi silverish pheno and the columbian haze pheno are the ones that require a "hunt" so to speak to find them being rarer of the 4.

has this held True?

from the pictures it kinda looks like the Malawi/haze pheno is the predominant pheno.
what would be an estimate of the occurance of the NL/haze pheno be?

cheers

Yo Sammy

Veteran
So How has the Pheno ratios panned out over time since release? I remember reading the Malawi silverish pheno and the columbian haze pheno are the ones that require a "hunt" so to speak to find them being rarer of the 4.

has this held True?

from the pictures it kinda looks like the Malawi/haze pheno is the predominant pheno.
what would be an estimate of the occurance of the NL/haze pheno be?

cheers
All about luck & phenotype you score. I’d bet Malawi dom offspring dominates cause the plant reproduction “system” will choose for the most efficient way to increase its reproduction chances which makes the chances of scoring that extraordinary Haze dom pheno in a 5 seed pack rather scares. If you would have 100 beans to sort through you will enhance yr score severely IF one is able to identify & grow it to full potential. Often cultivators ditch the best plants just by sheer ignorance or inexperience.
Best of luck!

Maple_Flail

All about luck & phenotype you score. I’d bet Malawi dom offspring dominates cause the plant reproduction “system” will choose for the most efficient way to increase its reproduction chances which makes the chances of scoring that extraordinary Haze dom pheno in a 5 seed pack rather scares. If you would have 100 beans to sort through you will enhance yr score severely IF one is able to identify & grow it to full potential. Often cultivators ditch the best plants just by sheer ignorance or inexperience.
Best of luck!
My thoughts was due to it being the one "reversed" in this combination, in my limited experience that seem to lend to it leaning favorably towards the reversed side.

Maybe I should have added another thought or two to the original post, with my observations of the malawi/haze pheno being one of the more dominate one, I've seen less of the NL/haze pheno, that is one of them I'd like to find personally( the other is a malawi pheno, knowing I don't currently have the space/numbers for a large hunt so not expecting to see a silver or haze pheno) so i can have best of both sides so to speak.

is one or two pack a reasonable chance to find a Nl/haze pheno, also assuming that it would only take a single pack to find a keeper malawi haze

being able to do a 100 bean run would be wonderful but that is really a pipe dream at this point