What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kief - What's the best method?

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
It depends what your looking for on the end result. High yields or high quality. My vote on the options listed is screen and shake assuming the material is semi fresh not freeze dried or aged to long.

If you are after high quality I wouldn't ever add any aggregate. You can hand roll/press quality kief into black/brown hash with just a little heat and pressure. Finger rolling and the heat generated from the friction is enough. I process trim relatively quickly after harvest.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Veggia farmer

With aggregate, you mean like dry ice or weight in pressing?

Notied what will make it black vs brown?

You dont cure before sieving?

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
With aggregate, you mean like dry ice or weight in pressing?

Notied what will make it black vs brown?

You dont cure before sieving?

Anything extra to intentionally disturb the material. The amount of heat and pressure + duration. No it would be right after dry and trim while nugs are in the jars trim's being processed.

Veggia farmer

Thanks for explaining!

BUT, have you noticed what makes the different between brown and black? More friction and work with the hands to get it black?