What's new

Kief addiction

SuperConductor

Veteran
when I say "kif" I mean stuff you make yourself, not some low grade Moroc hash full of binders and fillers.

Kif is actually the stuff left over from making good grades of hash, plant material. In Morocco it's mixed with tobacco and smoked by locals.

What you're thinking of is the very poor quality hash known as soapbar or formula which is mainly found in the UK and Europe.

Keef is a living legend and the lead guitarist in the rolling stones. Kief is just a word made up by Americans to describe the stuff under the collection screen in your grinder.

dtremayne

MY WONDERFUL KEIF BOX... IT DOES WONDERS!

picture.php

so how do you guys smoke your keif then?? i used to just top up normal joints with it but recently i've been 'trying' to make hash out of it but the "How to make hash in 15 minuites" method on youTube fucking sucks; i mean it works if you like burning your fingers and having a little green dot floating around in your vision for 20 mins.

the results are ok though, you get this squishy brown stuff you can roll into little hot dogs, it gets you real high but it seems like a waste as the keif melts together and shrinks quite alot.

how do you guys prepare your keif? sorry if theres already a thread that talks about making hash from keif but i couldnt find one

pack a bowl

go to the grocery store, ask for plastic. that kind of plastic wont stick to your kiff (i call it kiff or skuff, i don't give a shit what anyone says).

wrap your kiff in the plastic, throw it in your shoe under your heel and walk on it all day... you end up with some nicely pressed hash... or run it over w/ your car inbetween two pieces of wood.

go to the grocery store, ask for plastic. that kind of plastic wont stick to your kiff (i call it kiff or skuff, i don't give a shit what anyone says).

wrap your kiff in the plastic, throw it in your shoe under your heel and walk on it all day... you end up with some nicely pressed hash... or run it over w/ your car inbetween two pieces of wood.

exactly what plastic is this? is it those little grocery bags you put stuff in? i can get some of those, couldn't you just use cling film?

what does pressing it together make it like in the end? do you have to lighter it to get it in a spliff? or cut at it?

sounds good though, gonna try it this way rather than heating it up in a rizla with a candle

pack a bowl

i think its cellophane? basically the plasic you will get from any store when they give you a plastic bag.

it just makes it denser and easier to handle. you can flatten it an put it in the middle of a bowl pack (not the best method of consumption but i do it when i have it).

if you break it into smaller bits it should smoke fine in a doob also.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Kif/kef, from the Arabic Kauf, Kef meaning pleasure and well being. That pretty well describes my reaction to it upon discovering it.

Alas as a medical MJ user (and previous life long history of self medication), I long ago stopped getting high, just more stupid as I approach OD and my short term memory takes it leave.

Kief is certainly one of the more effective and flavorful ways I’ve found to enjoy cannabis. It retains more of the subtle plant flavors than bubble hash and produces the same quality high, as well as the same strength oil after extraction.

Once I had the medical card, I made a both feet assault on sampling cannabis fruits because my lungs gave notice that they were close to needing glasses or going crazy.

I continue to work hard developing my bud snob-man-ship, because I just keep finding new taste treats. Even though I can reduce the irritation on my tubes and lungs by using my vaporizer, sometimes there is nothing like fresh ground bud in a clean pipe or rolled in an oil soaked dubbie wrapper. I suspect that some of it is the lung sensation from the smoke lung contact that beckons.

I reduced my lung irritation by mostly medicating with kief, bubble hash, and oils that I extract primarily from trim. Since this thread is about kief, here is what else I have found.

Counter intuitively, the waste left over from 28 grams of kief produced by tumbling bud 20 minutes in an 8” 120 micron drum @ 30 rpm and then extracting the oil using ethanol, was less than the waste left over from 28 grams of composite bubble hash, pulled off the 25 micron bag, with a 100 micron scalping filter.

Sadly I don’t have the equipment or services readily available to test for cannabinoids, but I personally couldn’t tell the difference in taste or efficacy when both samples were re-dissolved into 100 ml of an almond oil menstruum, nor could the cancer patients that I prepared it for.

Using kief instead of plant material to extract cannabis oils from using Everclear, mostly sidesteps the undesirable plant waxes, chlorophyll, and pureens, which not only makes a tastier final product, but it doesn’t leave behind the dark green stain on your skin and clothes when you use it as a topical.

Using kief instead of plant material to make glycerin tincture, produces a potent medication that is deceptively lighter colored than comparative strength tincture made from plant material and is damn tasty. In my personal opinion and that of the test panel to date, glycerin tincture made with kief is tastier than glycerin tincture made with bubble hash, because it retains more of the nuances and subtleties.

Both samples however got the same efficacy rating by the cancer patients. About two or three drops and after a brief session of shits and giggles, they were asleep.

Since I don’t get high, I rely heavily on others reactions to the medications that I produce. I never cease to be amazed that the exact same medication and ostensible dosage will not even be noticed by one person and stop the next person in mid sentence with a, “wow”, followed by an ear to ear grin into outer space, with their jaw slightly agape.

I have never found anyone that didn’t like and appreciate kief within any test group in these parts, though some have other preferences.

On the other hand, I have never found any method of preparing or ingesting cannabis material that gets as many immediate positive responses as hash oil, unless it was kief or bubble hash soaked in hash oil before pressing.

The main difference being that the latter mostly sat down afterwards, while I and many of the test subjects paced the floor on just a hash oil dubbie wrapper.

Just proves that it is just hard to mess up a good thing and two good things are better than one if you need to sit down anyway.

Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cellophane works best as you note, but it isn't the plastic they bag groceries with. It is made from wood pulp cellulose.

GW

i think its cellophane? basically the plasic you will get from any store when they give you a plastic bag.

it just makes it denser and easier to handle. you can flatten it an put it in the middle of a bowl pack (not the best method of consumption but i do it when i have it).

if you break it into smaller bits it should smoke fine in a doob also.

dtremayne

if you want to make hash with keif.... take a handfull of keif, put a few drops of water in it, mix it in, and press it between your palms as hard as possible for 5 - 10 minutes... when finished. you will definately have some boooomb hand pressed hash.. i was smoking on it all day during 420 fest in arcata.

Papulz

lover of all things hashlike
Veteran
try parchment paper for pressing - its heat resistant if your into using heat and embedded with silicon for not stick ease.

whenever a sheet/slab needs creation its easy to use the water filled mason jar and a folded sheet of parchment paper as the nonstick surface.

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
I was smoking kief all winter long...I slept all day allll winter long....haha. I had to stop smoking it because my tolerance went up so high I couldn't get high off just greens.

John Allen

I love hash in all it's forms, and I will continue to do so. I prefer just ripping hash through a bong by it's self without any herb.

I still sometimes smoke the herb on occasion, but will always prefer to smoke hash if available.

TwoOhSix!

Does everyone know about the nickel trick?

You put a nickel in your 3 piece grinder or kief box and when you shake it you get literally 4x as much kief.

You put a nickel in your 3 piece grinder or kief box and when you shake it you get literally 4x as much kief.

no Sh*t?!

I will be trying that for sure. Put it above the screen (weed section) or below (kief section) ?

For all of you guys trying to make hash really easy and fast, why bother?
painstaking process IMO, when you can smoke the kief straight up, or even put it in with a little olive oil and make cannapsules!

Mr. Tony

Veteran

put the grinder in the freezer for ten minutes on ice then nickle it. rofl kief shower.

pack a bowl

no Sh*t?!

I will be trying that for sure. Put it above the screen (weed section) or below (kief section) ?

For all of you guys trying to make hash really easy and fast, why bother?
painstaking process IMO, when you can smoke the kief straight up, or even put it in with a little olive oil and make cannapsules!

yea but it sucks to ass trying to load your bowl with kiff when your driving or something, thats the main reason why i would convert it to hash.. and you can't really throw kiff into any container w/o it being a bitch to collect it all again..

i feel like when it isn't pressed its almost too exposed to the flame also and will burn more THC than it will use... how true that is, i dunno.. but its a comforting thought that in the center of the hash when you smoke it, that part won't be burnt away into the air like the kiff could be.

Latest posts

Latest posts