What's new

Kidney Stones...

S

SeaMaiden

I've lost count of how many stones I've experienced, but the last one was a real doozy. Didn't think it was a stone, thought it was my appendix, it BURNED like nothing I've ever felt before.

I never was able to get a stone via straining, don't know if it broke up or what.

Yourcorpse is right, we do have to be careful what we put into ourselves. My problem was (initially?) based on a tumor, once removed the problem stopped. I don't know if this is a new problem or what, will need testing, blah blah blah. In the meantime, I know how to control Ca-based calculi, and it's that fresh lemon juice that seems to be *so* important, along with always keeping the kidneys flowing (drinking enough water/fluids).

I'm lucky, Vicodin is enough to help me with the pain of stones. If you need Percocet, it's gotta be bad.

Corpsey

pollen dabber
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sounds like we had similar pains seamaiden

i didn't know it was unusual to feel the pain in the lower abdomen (appendix area quad 4?).

this is exactly where i felt my pain too. the only reason i went to the ER (was dealing with pain for a few weeks) was that my family was concerned my appendix was about to burst. they said i must of passed it the day before i got there because they could not locate it with the fluid + scan.

that day was the worst pain of all, i didn't know i could be shittin, vomiting, and crying all at the same time.

RetroGrow

Veteran
When I got my first kidney stone, I was awakened in the middle of the night with unbelievable pain. The pain was so bad that I was on the floor, rolling around, screaming & moaning, trying to find a position that would ease the pain, but there isn't one. I was in the fetal position for hours, thinking that I was dying. I didn't call 911 only because I had no health insurance, and I would rather be dead than owing tens of thousands to the hospital. I knew it wasn't appendix, as it was on the right side. I decided to wait it out, and after 8 -10 hours, the pain subsided, aided by some vicodin. That was a really scary night. A few days later, I was swimming, and felt something peculiar "down there". I went home to check it out and actually saw it protruding from you know where. I pulled it out and mystery solved. I knew right away what it was. Since then, I have passed a dozen or so more. Only one time was the pain as bad as the first. I have learned that by putting pressure on the kidney can help force it down, however this can be a painful procedure. The pain from kidney stones is impossible to explain. If I had to put up with that pain for an extended period, I would rather shoot myself. As my doctor said, pain from stones can make a grown man cry.
One thing that will help to pass a stone, besides drinking copious amounts of water is a long sit in a Jacuzzi. I have gotten a couple of stones to pass that way.

Last edited:
Mine hit in the middle of the nite - fetal position on bathroom floor, crying and begging my wife to take me to hospital (we have insurance). Went right past security guard telling me to stop and give him my info - they took me right away. I thought was appendix, wrong side. More screaming, crying, sweating and vomiting. Then came the morphine - sweet warm sleep. 6 weeks later, surgery. In between was oxys every 4 hours, and was mostly a blur. I get a twinge every once in awhile, but so far, so good.

S

SeaMaiden

sounds like we had similar pains seamaiden

i didn't know it was unusual to feel the pain in the lower abdomen (appendix area quad 4?).
I don't know if it's unusual for others, but it's very unusual for me. I've only ever felt stones high up in the abdomen.
this is exactly where i felt my pain too. the only reason i went to the ER (was dealing with pain for a few weeks) was that my family was concerned my appendix was about to burst. they said i must of passed it the day before i got there because they could not locate it with the fluid + scan.
That was my first stone! Forgot that I had the tumor (was over a year since Dx of said), so they scanned me, found a stone. Didn't burn, HURT. Same scenario there, too, family thought it was appendix, husband took me to ER (I finally had to call him at work because I couldn't drive to get the kids from school after several hours curled up waiting for the pain to stop), they thought it was appendix, blahblahblah.
that day was the worst pain of all, i didn't know i could be shittin, vomiting, and crying all at the same time.
Oh, yeah! Every orifice can exude something. Eyes, nose, mouth, asshole, ears. Just kill me now, fuck the hospital bill.

It puts me in a special position, because I'm female, have given birth AND experienced killme stones. They really do rival childbirth pain levels. Really.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Thanks yall. I did the lemon juice/ olive oil technique for a couple days, then drank a 12 pack of caronas and passed it without even noticing.
Now for the last week I been fealing kidney pain again, planned on going to the hospital on monday, but today it went nuts. I thought My insides were giving in and I was dieing. Worst pain I ever felt. Like someone ripped my open and let a pack of wolves just go at my insides while I lay there. Went to the ER, they said its gonna get worse when it passes... so once again Im on lemon juice and olive oil and percosets and norcos. Hope this one pass even a quarter as easy as the last....

wolfhoundaddy

Veteran
Been there. Only very good drugs helped me. On my first one, I was so loaded up with morphine, that when the stone did move and the pain let up, I went into respiratory arrest. But boy did I feel good.
That got everyone's attention!
They ended up yanking that one out through the male pissing unit. That hurt too.
At the time I had been hired on to help build a cabin in Grand Canyon, at Indian Gardens. I walked around with a piss tube in for a couple weeks until that was removed.
KIDNEY STONES SUCK.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Keep telling you folks... you won't get kidney stones if you choose your foods by your blood type. Been there, had that... don't have that issue (or a huge list of others I didn't know I had) anymore... :)

Again, here's the list I've been using for a few years. Before that I was using a photocopied part of one of the guy's books.

Try it for a month... completely. That means no hydrogenated oils and mono or di-glycerides, natural flavors and all that. Betcha can't do it! (Took me several years, actually)

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles: