What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kidney stones - I think I'm dying. Weed ain't working

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I refused the opioid pain killers, because I'm three years clean.

Have lots of cannabis..

Anybody have remedies?

I wood

Ethanol extracted oil, fully decarboxylized has helped a few people around me in the last few years. gg#4, deathstar or similar indica varieties worked the best.
Pain was significantly reduced and sleep was easier.
My wife passed a small one without noticing a few months ago while using gg#4 oil.
Her main complaint was she was too stoned and didn't like it.
Good luck and hope yours comes out as easy.

Rico Swazi

sorry to hear it, passed one myself years ago, not fun

Some things that you might try are-

Drink more water than you have ever drank before
Nettle and/or horsetail tea
Pomegranate cranberry, basil or lemon juices
Apple cider vinegar

I drink a cup of nettle ,yarrow and lemon balm tea nightly which seems to keep things flowing smoothly. My last UA showed healthy kidney function which is good for that is one stone I do not want to ever experience again.

Hope you find relief very soon CannaRed

Gry

Veteran
Can make frozen quick wash and set up a small double boiler near a window with a fan and evaporate it off fairly quickly.
I do so every few days, and it takes about an hour.
Mixing the frozen quick wash with just enough olive oil to thin it enough to be able to draw it up in an
eyedropper which I sublingual is my most effective route.
I go with sublingual for the 'heavy lifting' and vape extract to deal with the 'peaks' or breakthrough...
Have found rosin to be just as if not more effective.
A decarbed end result is more effective, but it sounds like the OP is looking for rapid results.

YukonKronic

I think Gry is on point... remember that the THC levels you’ll need to help could fuck with appetite and hydration which might exacerbate things.
Look after yourself bro that’s one pain I’m hoping to avoid and dreading the thought of having.
Good luck!!

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Ethanol extracted oil, fully decarboxylized has helped a few people around me in the last few years. gg#4, deathstar or similar indica varieties worked the best.
Pain was significantly reduced and sleep was easier.
My wife passed a small one without noticing a few months ago while using gg#4 oil.
Her main complaint was she was too stoned and didn't like it.
Good luck and hope yours comes out as easy.

How did she take the oil? I noticed you decarbed so I'm assuming you weren't smoking/vaping.

I have the gg4 cut. But not flower enough to make oil. But have plenty of trim from other cuts.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Can make frozen quick wash and set up a small double boiler near a window with a fan and evaporate it off fairly quickly.
I do so every few days, and it takes about an hour.
Mixing the frozen quick wash with just enough olive oil to thin it enough to be able to draw it up in an
eyedropper which I sublingual is my most effective route.
I go with sublingual for the 'heavy lifting' and vape extract to deal with the 'peaks' or breakthrough...
Have found rosin to be just as if not more effective.
A decarbed end result is more effective, but it sounds like the OP is looking for rapid results.

Thanks Gry,
I have open blast BHO tube I can dust off. I'll try the sublingual.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
sorry to hear it, passed one myself years ago, not fun

Some things that you might try are-

Drink more water than you have ever drank before
Nettle and/or horsetail tea
Pomegranate cranberry, basil or lemon juices
Apple cider vinegar

I drink a cup of nettle ,yarrow and lemon balm tea nightly which seems to keep things flowing smoothly. My last UA showed healthy kidney function which is good for that is one stone I do not want to ever experience again.

Hope you find relief very soon CannaRed

Been drinking water all day. Added lemon juice. A few tablespoons of vinegar.

I probably will have a hard time keeping up the high acid liquids. I get heartburn often. Depending on the type of stone, I shouldn't be talking calcium supplements like rolaids or Tums.

I love lemon balm tea! Wish I had saved and dried some, but it never tastes as awesome as it does fresh.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Guys!!!!

I passed one little orangish looking piece of sand!!!

Two more to go!

They said I had one in each kidney and one int the tract, so I assume that was the one from the tract.

Barely felt it come out. The main pain comes from my kidneys and back, those are probably bigger so they are gonna hurt.

I wood

How did she take the oil? I noticed you decarbed so I'm assuming you weren't smoking/vaping.

I have the gg4 cut. But not flower enough to make oil. But have plenty of trim from other cuts.

Just smeared on a small cracker at first, then just blob on finger scraped onto front teeth. A warm beverage helps but isn't needed.
This is how i usually ingest it also. It can leave a spicy aftertaste in mouth if eaten this way but has never really bothered me.
FYI, sucking oil into small oral syringe while still warm makes using it simple from that point on.
A blob the size of a piece of uncooked white rice is about 30-40 mgs.

Last edited:

Lrus007

Veteran
ok had them before.
lots of water
real lemonade to dissolve stone somewhat.
real cranberry juice to lubricate the stones path.
best of luck they really hurt sometimes.

watts

ohms
Veteran
Don't know about kidney stones but lemon juice is not acidic once it enters your body and I believe you want apple cider vinegar as it is alkaline, whereas normal vinegar is acidic.

G

Number one suggested cure on Earthclinic.com for kidney stones is lemon juice and olive oil. An excellent suggestion for heartburn is Apple cider vinegar. Best of luck with the passing…!

Koondense

Veteran
Nothing you drink can dissolve the stones, you can only drink more to help them get out quicker. Some say beer works best, so drink lots of beer and keep hydrated.
Best of luck

Cheers