What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

KERALA

RE: Kerala Trip

RE: Kerala Trip

Yo , Love the post, and thanks for the information guys! Heading to TN real soon, and would love to chat with you guys if you would be willing to answer a few questions. That would be great. I'm in India chilling out with family, but live in the US. Travelling the south in a few weeks , thanks to you guys! Peace,,...
I found it relatively easy to find good local weed in Varkala, in Kerala. PM me for more details if you go there

The growing is almost all done in the forest reserves up in the ghats - the line of mountains that runs parallel to the coast. Years back Kumily was a good place to start looking but I get the impression that they have tightened up quite a bit there. The Idukki and Palakkad districts remain the growing hot spots, up in the Attappady forests. There is an eradication programme in place so you have to be watchful and persistent.

The growing in Tamil Nadu is mostly in the same hills and reserves "over the border" from Kerala.

If such things bother you, there are ethical issues with the ganja industry in Kerala: the mafia cut into alot of ecological valuable forest and do alot of damage to the local ecosystems.

If you google "ganja seized TN"(TN = Tamil Nadu) and similar variations you will see the press reports of where weed has been seized by the cops in India, which is a good palce to start mapping out where the weed is currently being grown.

Will be interested to read your reports!