What's new

ken's granddaddy

G

not sure if its different than regular gdp or not. gdp being urkle x big bud (no, not salmon creek - sensi)

I have heard that kens is a different pheno and vegges faster, but, there is so much bad information out there that its hard to know what to believe.

you know any clubs that have it?

G

What would you like to know?

about 60+ days to flower
Doesn't stretch much at all
tastes great
super potent
couchlock/stupifing high
turns purple with time
grows faster than the Urkle which isn't saying much
typicle indica growth with tight nodes

N

Neptune

If you see anything labeled "GDP" at clubes, It is fake.

Here is "GDP" from BPG, CARE in Oaksterdam sells it also...

Medium yeild, very lemony. I have renamed this "SnowDrift" As the trichomes literally fall off the plant if handeled at all.. There is hardly any sticky resin to hold the glands... very light perfume lemon scent.

Here is Ken's Granddaddy Purple in veg

A few people have said Ken's is fast growing... it isn't.
It's very much the same speed as the Erkle, more or less.... SO FAR.

Also in there is one (real)Purple Erkle, For a nice side by side comparison.

Last edited:
G

hello there :joint:
have heard that the kens cut is better but thats just the growers opinion i would assume....i'm growing the purple urkle and she did grow rather slow but not near as slow as ppl said it would......and the purple urkle is no small yielding plant either, i do not even need to wait untill harvest to make that statement but then again a decent yield means different things to different growers....i let my urkle vegg for 40days and i think that was FN plenty long enough there three weeks into 12/12 are are 33" in height and damn nead as big arounf as they are tall.......the buds are going to be thick and solid and a few are going to push a foot in size, so the rumor that purple urkle only puts out smallish popcorn buds will be busted around Xmass time this year.....

peace :joint:

G

Lookin sweet..

Cant wait to see her filled out..

Keep us posted for sure Jaws

I'm confused...the club GDP is fake? I've had it a lot and it's always the same...slightly less purple than urkle gets, but nearly just as potent and stinky with larger nugs.

Never seen a fully green sativa lookin one like that...also doesn't look nearly as resinous.

Don't know much about GDP other than what I've seen on here and gotten at clubs...

G

Am I wrong in thinking I remember reading that Salmon Creek Big Bud is from Sensi Seed stock around the early 90's? I could be, and probably am, completely wrong..but I *think* I remember seeing that somewhere.

G

Ogstradamus said:
I'm confused...the club GDP is fake? I've had it a lot and it's always the same...slightly less purple than urkle gets, but nearly just as potent and stinky with larger nugs.

Never seen a fully green sativa lookin one like that...also doesn't look nearly as resinous.

Don't know much about GDP other than what I've seen on here and gotten at clubs...

we're talking about the clones being fake, the buds is usually legit...usually

G

GMB- Salmon Creek Big Bud is a clone only from a large run of sensi stock.

For some reason there is alot of fake granddaddy purple cuts going around..

Quite a few buds recieved them and the turned out to be nothing like the granddaddy from what we saw.

People need to be more clear before passing things on..

G

ya thats no shit i have turned down a couple cuts of it because the GIFTER was not sure of its back ground...ummm that made me think it was aquired through a club and was probably a knock off sota-speak.....

would still like a shot at the GDP or the KENS CUT but wont except a cut unless it can be varafied(sp)......but i must admit the buds iv'e seen of the real deak GDP i would love to tug on some of that shit....
peace guys :joint:

P.S.very mature thread,very rare nowa days!!!!!

G

jaws said:
P.S.very mature thread,very rare nowa days!!!!!

i must agree, its a good read. never tried GDP, but this has sparked my curiosity. i'll see how i like the urkle cuts first. :yummy:

Last edited:
G

That was my thought, very different structure. Jaws' plant sure does tho...nice I got some at Calm in Malibu. They have it in. I've had better though, I think it could have gone longer...

Last edited:
G

hello friends :joint:
ya high trust me bro your gonna love the purple urkle, yours will look just like there mother hehehe :woohoo: :woohoo: ......and yes i too would love a toke of the GDP......

flamingo, hello bro just wait a couple weeks after i start the kool-bloom were going to see a full on resin factory with the unseeded urkle.....hopeing to get a couple FOOT long solid sticky stinky urkle buds :yoinks: :yoinks: ...
peace friends :joint:

G

jaws- the mother is looking pretty damn milf-y at the moment, lol. cant wait to try her out. :woohoo:

Legit_User

Kens GDP is also known as purple dragonfly.
Ken owns a club called that also.
I believe there is one in the bay area.
Stay peacefull

Edit--
I also believe that the reason your seeing so many fake cuts is because DJ's genetics as well as Soma have the purple kush/OPT in them and strains like Lavender and Bluemoonshine smell,taste, and look very similar.
Having smoked and grown all of the above I can tell you without a doubt they share a common gene.

Last edited:
G

Kens GDP is also known as purple dragonfly.
Ken owns a club called that also.
I believe there is one in the bay area.
Stay peacefull

That makes alot of sense, I wonder if it's he who breeds that into some different strains I've seen. I think he owned the Purple Coconut Club in SD . They always had Purple Dragonfly, Purple Barney, Purple Cream, Purple Spice, Purple erkle, Purple Catpiss, Purple Diesel and a few more I can't remember. Unless someone had the dankest cut I've ever seen and crossed the hell out of it. They all tasted very very similar, but had their slighty differences in highs, hair colors, denseness, even though they were usually thumb sized rock hard purple frosty nugs with the occasional golf ball nug. Their prices were always below all other clubs and the meds were the best. They even sold zips for under 300 of great herb tops being 325 for the GDP etc..

Last edited:
G

hahahaha well thats sounds like my kind bro, i love the purple bud the problem is there are very very very few that have a good solid stone to them...the purple kush and the purple urkle are two that i have smoked and i think has a killer stone for a purple strain........i did like the VBS most ppl hated it, is was not all that potent but i thought it had a good taste and it durnt well in a joint.....

have never smoked any of the other purple you mentioned, but hey i would love a sample of all of them :yoinks: :yoinks:
peace guys :joint: