What's new

Keeping it FRESH

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
the male was the single hash berry, i fucked the other 2 up by cutting them down early so i just let the hash berry male flower out in the room and i dusted the females with him

He bro so I went through the thread from post 1 .. Not too difficult with only 3 pages (lucky for me :) lol)

IMHO .. Your mistake at chopping the PPP and NYCD males was probably the best option .. For me personally I would not have kept them, in my eyes THAT HB is the ONLY keeper male. With those lovely dense flower(sack) formations, structure and thick stalk is a DEFINITE keeper in my book!

Here's what I look for to find a breeding worthy male; stem rub, how fast it shows sex (but this will NEVER out any one male if it holds other great traits), how dense the male pods/sacks get, stem thickness and after pollination I cut him to see if its a hollow stem.
With the stem rub Im looking for the stinkiest, showing sex Im looking for the male who shows latest (but this is just a plus if it has the other traits). Im looking for big dense male sack formations and BIG thick hollow stems are preferable.

A keeper female can be found 1 in 10, a breeding female can be found 1 in 50 BUT a breeding male is 1 in 1000, if you kept a cut of him or are able to re-ve him I strongly suggest it!!

How are you going to sort the seeds? Are you going to keeper each individual females seed production separate? Or mix seeds of same cross together? Or keep like pheno's mixed and separate from other females?

For variation purposes Id mix all the females (same strain) together within same pheno/group (if smell or structure differs then thats how Id sort them so that when they get popped it will be easier in the F1 and later stages to single out specific traits you like or dislike and make it easier to locate those rather then having all seeds (same strain) mixed together and having a time consumming task (more then breeding itself) of popping lots of seeds jut to find those with the keeper traits or those with the undesired traits to discard.

Hope I didnt just confuse the piss outta you bro

Oh PS: Id suggest keeping those SLH seeds separate due to the slight difference in growth structure that I can see from the pics with #2 being more desired over #1 unless smoke report changes opinions.

PPS: Thought of any names yet?

Sour Creme x Hash berry
HB dom= Creme Berry or something
SC dom= Sour Hash or something

Both just thoughts I had while reading lol

Peace and be easy breezy!

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
He bro so I went through the thread from post 1 .. Not too difficult with only 3 pages (lucky for me :) lol)

IMHO .. Your mistake at chopping the PPP and NYCD males was probably the best option .. For me personally I would not have kept them, in my eyes THAT HB is the ONLY keeper male. With those lovely dense flower(sack) formations, structure and thick stalk is a DEFINITE keeper in my book!

Here's what I look for to find a breeding worthy male; stem rub, how fast it shows sex (but this will NEVER out any one male if it holds other great traits), how dense the male pods/sacks get, stem thickness and after pollination I cut him to see if its a hollow stem.
With the stem rub Im looking for the stinkiest, showing sex Im looking for the male who shows latest (but this is just a plus if it has the other traits). Im looking for big dense male sack formations and BIG thick hollow stems are preferable.

A keeper female can be found 1 in 10, a breeding female can be found 1 in 50 BUT a breeding male is 1 in 1000, if you kept a cut of him or are able to re-ve him I strongly suggest it!!

How are you going to sort the seeds? Are you going to keeper each individual females seed production separate? Or mix seeds of same cross together? Or keep like pheno's mixed and separate from other females?

For variation purposes Id mix all the females (same strain) together within same pheno/group (if smell or structure differs then thats how Id sort them so that when they get popped it will be easier in the F1 and later stages to single out specific traits you like or dislike and make it easier to locate those rather then having all seeds (same strain) mixed together and having a time consumming task (more then breeding itself) of popping lots of seeds jut to find those with the keeper traits or those with the undesired traits to discard.

Hope I didnt just confuse the piss outta you bro

Oh PS: Id suggest keeping those SLH seeds separate due to the slight difference in growth structure that I can see from the pics with #2 being more desired over #1 unless smoke report changes opinions.

PPS: Thought of any names yet?

Sour Creme x Hash berry
HB dom= Creme Berry or something
SC dom= Sour Hash or something

Both just thoughts I had while reading lol

Peace and be easy breezy!

no i have not kept any cuts of him, maybe i should try and reveg...he is in the closet...litterally, lol had to separate him so he would stop dropping pollen, now i plan to collect the remaining pollen and freeze it...

as for the names this is what i got so far....AND BY ME PUTTING THESE HERE I EXPECT NO OTHER BREEDER TO STEAL MY NAMES....but i know this is th net and nothing garanteed....

sugar bear
umpa lumpa
golden goose
heavy-d
tang
cheech
G.O.A.T.(Greatest Of All Time)
Canadian Bacon

undecided which to name which strain...but this is a list i made a while back and every time i think of new name i add it to the list

and yes as for the seed sorting, i plan to number each plant as im cutting it down and put seeds from that single plant in safe storage not to get mixed up...i got 20 diff diesel mothers and i dont want to mix up the seeds of these so they wil all be numbered...this way i can test the smoke from each # and then tell which offspring i think i will like the best .

I like the names bud

As for the freaky 4 seeds per calyx .. I can say I haven't seen that before.

How many hairs are coming out of each calyx? Perhaps thats the reason .. A bunch of hairs are coming from the same calyx and each hair took pollen to create a seed

Does your Sour Cream normally have super big fat swollen calyxes? It could just be a strain trait or something

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
you got it...each calyx on that strain has a few hairs, so my guess is as good as yours in that the more hairs per calyx the more seeds

not from my experience with this strain, usually average size calyxes and every bud on the plant is rock hard and the size of a golf ball...this is one of my bigger yielding strains...the first time i grew her she was just an extra in the grden because she came from a freebie seed...vegged a month from seed and planted in 7 gal pots...got 7 oz 24g from her...never had so much from such a short veg...the smell and taste from her imo would be like og kush x sour D...but the cross is sour D x g13haze...bud structure shows 0 haze..the only sative in this plant is the plant structure its self...

the seeds are just starting to really pop out of the calyxes, but are still green, my guess is another 2 weeks on these girls,but ill wait to judge, dont wanna cut early and loose half the seeds due to prematurity..id rather let them go longer to be safe..

GrownOut

HDGC
Veteran
Good thread Joe!! Sounds like you got some amazing crosses coming up. I have found multiple seeds in single pods before. Its not overly common but it does happen. May have to do with how much pollen you hit the particular spots with and how much it took. Or like Gemini said possibly related to the amount of pistils on that particular catalyx as well. I have found when dealing with plants that just about anything is possible.

I am pullin up a chair and subbin for sure. :)

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
day 42

day 42

here we are on day 42...mt guess is another 2 weeks on most of these but i think a few might go longer..

picture.php

diesel keeper #1
picture.php

diesel keeper #2
picture.php

diesel keeper #2
picture.php

diesel keeper #2
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

sour cream
picture.php

diesel
picture.php

sour cream
picture.php

there was only 2 diesels that i really really like and plan to continue with the crosses from them, keeper #1 and #2 are both much more pungent and sour smelling than the rest and both have nice wieght put on compared to some of the others...but mainly for the strong sour smells comming from these is why i plan to keep these to continue to work with, ill try and reveg, but if not possible then atleast i have diesel beans to work with

Looks good Joe .. Wait till you see dark brown with or w.o.tiger stripes. Those are the real ready ones .. If there is under developed under growth(buds) there will probably be under developed seeds as well so a 2 stage harvest to get most viable seeds as possible

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
Looks good Joe .. Wait till you see dark brown with or w.o.tiger stripes. Those are the real ready ones .. If there is under developed under growth(buds) there will probably be under developed seeds as well so a 2 stage harvest to get most viable seeds as possible

i plan to wait till they are all "popped out" and nice and brown tiger striped, although not all strains make the tiger stripped but i know the diesels do...either way i dont want any immature seeds so ill let them go longer than normal if thats the case

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
Looking good homey, cant wait for this one to be done! Looking real fresh in here.

aod

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
so i ws curious about the beans and how ripe they wereat this stage, so i grabbed a few of the swollen preflowers from random plants around the room, and this is what i came up with, nice and brown...so i figure in another 2 weeks, 3 max, the rest of the beans in the bud should be ready

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCF2640.jpg
    DSCF2640.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCF2641.jpg
    DSCF2641.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 8

Latest posts

Latest posts