What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Keep a disposable rasor for 6 months, at least

ddrew

Veteran
EDIT: Hey, I miss your tinfoil beanie wearing avvy! I know whats REALLY going on here! :D
|

That was just supposed to be for the Scientology thread a while back, but I liked it and left it up, this(Thor) was my original. I like to change them up from time to time.
I'll find something new soon.

H

Hal

Hell man even in jail they use soap if they dont have cream.

I bet they only give the inmates single blade disposables to shave with. I doubt a single blade would good for a dry shave...the razor I shave with now has 5 blades, and I have done it dry with 3 blades...which wasn't as nice as the five'r.

I think everyone should try it without shave cream. Gotta make sure to use a good disposable, at least 3 blades. Some things surprise ya.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Go to the Body Shop......buy some raspberry body butter.......then get in a hot bath, relax, take a deep breath and duck below the water for about 30 seconds, get yerself all soaped and scrubbed up, do the submarine thang again......then hop out of the tub, take a little of the body butter and apply it all over your head and face then go to work with the Mach 3 (shaving), every few strokes rinse the blade under a fast hot running tap to clean the hair/butter off.......2 minutes later you have a shaved head and face, all pucker and no cuts.....works for me...1 blade usually lasts a month or two.....

I find that if you heat the areas that you shave first with hot water this prevents any shaving rashes.....

K

KMK0420

the trick to avoid razor burn is too things...a wet surface (wet shaving even), and the pores and hairs to be heated (warm compress or hot shower) to make the hairs more flexible. with the blade, also shave lightly just enough to cut the hairs off...dont press down hard and slide, etc.

i have to use a topical erithromycin solution for my razor burn, its THAT bad. its folliculitis i believe

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
no fusion's ever touching my face.. as long as i can get safety blades. and the foam stuff..... forgetaboutit

Just like I'll never own a Roor, as long as I got local glassblowers. Different strokes for different folks. It's a great shave, for face, neck and head. Enjoy your Roor.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
the trick to avoid razor burn is too things...a wet surface (wet shaving even), and the pores and hairs to be heated (warm compress or hot shower) to make the hairs more flexible. with the blade, also shave lightly just enough to cut the hairs off...dont press down hard and slide, etc.

i have to use a topical erithromycin solution for my razor burn, its THAT bad. its folliculitis i believe

Add to this: Shave in the direction of growth. Down on the face and up on the neck may work for some but not for all. My chin and mustache grow down, my adam's apple hairs grow up but, my cheeks, jaw and neck grow sideways front to back.

As someone who only shaves 3-4 times a year, I find it essential to never shave more than one days growth. I use my trimmer first to knock it down to a stubble, then shave.

ddrew

Veteran
Add to this: Shave in the direction of growth. Down on the face and up on the neck may work for some but not for all. My chin and mustache grow down, my adam's apple hairs grow up but, my cheeks, jaw and neck grow sideways front to back.

As someone who only shaves 3-4 times a year, I find it essential to never shave more than one days growth. I use my trimmer first to knock it down to a stubble, then shave.

That's a big part of a smooth, easy, cut free shave, figuring out which way the hair lays, especially for shaving your head.
Hit it in the direction it lays first, then go back against it for a super close shave.

NOKUY

Veteran
i dont always shave my face, but i shave my neck almost daily ...and i always use a staight edge, that i sharpen w/ leather after every hack job.

no i dont usually cut, but sometimes if im in a hurry....blood does flow

the exact one i have is this...i think it's more difficult to sharpen than some of the others

blue-straight-razor.jpg

always use one of those 3 blade disposables and just soap up really good in shower and shave while in the shower with just soap. Works fine and has for many many years. A blade will last me about 2 months, the hot water helps alot i think. Gotten to the point where I dont even need a mirror any more first few years had a lil shower mirror I used but got it down in may older age, so go at it blindly.

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran

:yeahthats I use a super close electric trimmer as well, trying to shave hair any longer than stubble just seems to yank em, no matter how sharp the blade. Damn, 3-4 times a year?

That's a big part of a smooth, easy, cut free shave, figuring out which way the hair lays, especially for shaving your head.
Hit it in the direction it lays first, then go back against it for a super close shave.

Right on, I have to be kinda careful, especially on my head, to go against it, or I'll end up with a bunch of nicks everywhere. Not fun on your head. :wallbash:

i dont always shave my face, but i shave my neck almost daily ...and i always use a staight edge, that i sharpen w/ leather after every hack job.

no i dont usually cut, but sometimes if im in a hurry....blood does flow

the exact one i have is this...i think it's more difficult to sharpen than some of the others

blue-straight-razor.jpg

I've always been interested in trying one of those old school straight blades. Why do you say it's harder to sharpen? Seems like it'd give a nice shave, just at the risk of slicing yourself, lol. :yoinks:

Which brands of straight razors like NOKUY's do other ICMaggers use?

roor smoker

that Fusion is the ROOR you're talkin about...
and those fuision cartridges are adding up to a .DE ROOR
ROOR aint the only thing smokin..
when i get a straight it'll be a DOVO

ddrew

Veteran
I was thinking, actually on head shaving I don't go in the direction of the grain during the first pass, I go at it sideways, if that makes sense, instead of with or against, I go from one side or the other of it's grain and then go full against it for the second pass.
I found if it's been a few days since the last shave, going with the grain can make the razor hop and miss hairs sometimes.
So, sideways first, then against second.

I think Roor needs to make a multi-blade razor that you can also smoke out of, I would buy one of those.

Last edited:
S

sparkjumper

Since we all know this is heading in the pube-shave direction,I'll be first to pull a few out from betwixt my teeths.