What's new

KEDEI22000's Honey Dew Grow

G

Hello All, I would like to show my HoneyDew Grow.

I have to Apologize in advance as I have skipped right to the Flowering Stage.

I have taken clones and will update as these enter puberty.

Day 1 Flowering on August 1

HONEYDEW A

HONEYDEW B

HONEYDEW C

HONEYDEW D

Last edited:

Hooked-On-Grown

Veteran
kedei........Looking good!
What is Honey Dew?
Whats your system your using?

Thanks for the info......and the pics.....keep em coming!!

G

I received this Honey Dew from a trade of Hawaiin Spice (potent, but low yielder) with a local grower. I don't know the genetics, but I saw his and was impressed with the yield and fragrance and had to have it.

I use BOG's Soil Mix with FF ferts.

Last edited:

mark6699331

The dew

The dew

Honeydew has become a landrace strain native to the honeydew, panther gap area in southern humboldt county, california, usa. Just north of garberville is the home of many old school strains: colombian, mexican, thai, gani, Haw. etc. that have been grown and inbred to acclimitize to the local southern humboldt area. Since almost thirty-five years has gone by since their introduction, they have pretty much dev. into local landrace strains of their own, usually named by their geography also (i.e. honeydew, salmon creek big bud, yumboldt etc.) It's a very beautifull, mountainous, tropical in spring, dry in mid to late summer, rugged remote region in nornthern california. The going joke up here is that some of these mountain people growers have left their iddyllic paradises so few times in the past few decades that they still think the sixties are going on!
cheers,
mark6699331

G

So far.....interestingly enough....it is a low odor strain that smells like a sweet fruit medley...with a slight emphasis on grapes.

I have not narrowed down the finishing time as I had many problems with this mother plant. (water quality issues) After switching to RO water it has taken off, but the damage was done.

It seemed to have unlock the nutes and caused burn. I flushed like crazy and it seems to have recovered nicely. Still not 100%.

From a nicely grown specimen....the high is quite tingly and floaty.

Click for Larger Image

Click for Larger Image

Click for Larger Image

Last edited:
That sounds like a pretty neat strain, I'd love to move to california, and now the humboldt area is soundin' really neat with all the landrace's :) hope all goes great with this grow Kedei,

T_h

G

Help...I belive this to be PH related

Help...I belive this to be PH related

I believe this to be ph related, however, I have never really had ph problems before so I don't know for sure. Any help....appreciated.

It has gotten worse...I wonder this: When I correct the ph problem, will the damage continue or will it be arrested. I would hate to lose these babies.....

1970curly-med.gif

1970What-med.gif

G

ph or crappy expert soil from wally??

ph or crappy expert soil from wally??

Still having the issues with this one, but I think it's the soil. I will try (once only...well maybe) the expensive hydro store stuff for the next grow.

This strain has been flowering since August 1 2004. Wheewww...

Something weird has happened and I need to know if anyone has seen this before. about the 8th week into flowering, they looked like they were starting to ripen, but than started to sprout the white pistils you see all over again. The buds are extremely dense, but seem to be reflowering. What the hek???

Are they past ripe?

This is the longest flowering strain I have ever had.

1970HD1004-med.jpg

1970HDb1004-med.jpg

1970HDc1004-med.jpg

1970HDd1004-med.jpg

The next Wave...15 Honey Dews
1970HD_clones-med.jpg

Last edited:

Marvin Moses

Just for reference and comparison...when I took the photo below I was told that the nugg was outdoor Honeydew (see previous thread) . Your indoor crop sure looks a hell of a lot yummier...cheers!

3026honeydew.jpg