What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Katsu Bubba Kush

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
I wanted to post a thread on the Katsu cut, Out of all my years of smoking cannabis & cultivating it's my all time favorite plant.

The plant fires on all cylinders, It's hardy, easy to clone grows pretty quick with a great stretch. It's the flavor and high that keeps me desiring more, she is finicky in terms of showing her best expression over the years I've seen a lot of variations from different growers and she has several different expressions but in her ultimate form she has an insane jet fuel gassy inhale, with a very sweet floral candy almost exhale that coats your tongue oh so well. You can burp her up after eating bacon.

If you have never grown the katsu and you get the opportunity don't pass it up. If you enjoy her even half as much as I do she will stay in your garden.

First round of photo's are from my current run, nearing completion and will be getting harvest soon.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

SuperBadGrower

I dont have Katsu but my bubba looks very similar depending on circumstances (mine does not purple much in heat). I have S1 plants of pre 98 (supposedly) and they are pretty much identical in smoke. It's some of the dankest weed in the world. Mind blowing quality and very unique to me. Nothing really compares. Sometimes when I rub it and smell the fingers I just stand there going "oh my godddddd", "holy shiiiittttt", "uhaahhhhhhhhh............", lol. Deep nose inhales, pure ecstasy from the smell.

Not only that but the potency is amazing. These plants don't put tons of trichomes on leaves; they concentrate it all in the buds. In fact my bubba trim is so devoid of trichomes that I need lots to make bubble hash with it. Thats my experience at least. It is also one of the faster finishing plants.

It turns out that Katsu Bluebird did some interviews "recently"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W13r8KDOA4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYaA0LLcwa8

Bud Jones

Can’t beat a good Bubba .. My go to night time weed .. Love everything about it .. Big leafed Affie ..

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
I just pulled this girl out of retirement, about to flower her. Still have her and Chem D I got from you in 2007. Chem D is also going into flower, doing a nostalgia run.
That's awesome, I have gotten a few different katsu since and they weren't the same one. I'd love to get ahold of the original from you. I'd like to let those who sent me what they have to see how different the one I was running is. It's actually legal here now, so I have no risk of keeping her around. Hope all is well, until next time be safe and take care.

Latest posts

Latest posts