What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Karma trying duo fluors and Maphito.....

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
looking fine karma bro, impressive those flouros! wish you and your family a happy christmas!

btw, we didnt see a snowflake all winter til now, hehe

K

Karma Genetics

Here it was snow for one day.

The plants are now realy starting to flower as the hairs start to form litle buds. The PH is still at 5.7 as i hope to keep it for the rest of the grow. EC at the moment is 1.9 and i think i will kick it up a litle next week.

K

Karma Genetics

The fun is now realy starting

DSC01974.jpg

DSC01971.jpg

DSC01970.jpg

DSC01969.jpg

DSC01967.jpg

DSC01966.jpg

K

khaleel

looking fantastic karma g! can't wait to see that screen full o' buds :rasta:

K

Karma Genetics

Things are going good only the Kushage#16 got a litle big. And only one sweettooth realy kicked in. The clones where badly rooted.

First the Kushage..
DSC02021.jpg

DSC02023.jpg

The Happy Brother
DSC02024.jpg

DSC02025.jpg

And a total view
DSC02020.jpg

Do any of you use this product?
I will start with it next week maybe a litle later...
DSC02026.jpg

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
I am liking the duo fluro thing you are rocking, can you imagine about 10 of those things all pumping out the bud?

Plants are looking good, is not the Kushage mainly a sativa? That would be a lot of work, keeping that in check in a height restricted scrog.

But the lamps look like they are churning out some nice buddage.

Cheers man

K

Karma Genetics

I will maybe try a grow with ten of them packed together. That would be 1600 watts of fluor ha ha i think you can pack that on a 3m wide and 60 cm deep closet. I am going to think about that.

The sewwttooth that is in the back is very hard to photograph but it will be the suprise in the end as i have a feeling it will be a small thick chrismas tree.

Any of you now the Bcuzz tabzzzz ?

K

Karma Genetics

Happy New Year All

And lets hope for a very green 2008... My the nice new crossings work out for us.

G

guest5703

Hey cool thread Karma, love what you did here. One of your first times, or the first time doing a hydro setup huh? it looks so professional, I really like how you set up the res and all the trays. The buds are starting to grow eh? Nice growth for flouros so far, I bet they'll get big. Lot of good people in this thread too. I'll bookmark for sure. PEACE KARMA

Max21

Happy New Year DF !! :D

Smart setup you got there...
I used to grow my veggies under 2x55 W turbo fluoros that looked exactly the same ;

That was probably a smaller but similar lamp system... Worked well !! :tup:
Those ones you have may be perfect for flowering...

You must have very few heat, with the I/0 fans you chose.

Nice nice nice... I miss my cab when I see that clean greenery you no....

Take care,

Max

K

Karma Genetics

Max21 said:
Nice nice nice... I miss my cab when I see that clean greenery you no....

It was nice and green now its more like a horror movie.
Yes i can also have trouble's. This location is not at my home so i cant check it everyday, somtimes it takes a week before i go back checking. And last check i almost cut everything as i got a big spidermites party going on in the Kushage#16 the Happy Brother can take spint (as we call it in dutch) very good and is very resistant against all kind off sickness.

I will keep the horror pics on a low scale.

Kushage#16 :puppydoge :puppydoge :badday:
DSC02052.jpg

Happy Brother
DSC02055.jpg

They are now 45 days flowering and still got some time to go. The Kushage#16 will not be what it should be in yield and quality because off the spint infection. I put in some natural predetors but i think it already got to far.

New clones are already rooting got some Sweettooth#4 and still thinking what else i should plant. I am going for much less plants next round.

Maybe i should try some Jack Herrer only problem with that is it's sativa dominance and it will make a jungle in there.

caligreen: Yes its my first hydro setup. But i worked for a few years in dutch growshops selling these kind of systems so i now a litle bit of them. I hope i can do as good as my old clients did.

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
I just read through this complete grow (mostly checked out pics :biglaugh)

I love test grows...and yours is turning out fantastic! (exluding the infestation)

I really do feel for you my friend. I had same problem plague me for a whole year. I got real mad and spent alot of time getting rid of those bastards.
IMO you're better off to finish your current grow with them attacking and work on getting rid of them when you are done. I found "controlling" them was an eeffective way to at least finish harvest.
I of course had to step outside the organic guidelines to solve my issues.

The grow itself is beautiful and very impressive, especially for such low wattage. You have definately proved that lighting system produces well :yes:
It's obvious you're a very experienced grower.

I wish you best of luck in your decision :ying:

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
Do they sell avid in holland? That and floramite are the best bug sprays i have used. great grow though even with the bugs. the floros are really cranking them out.

Last edited:
K

Karma Genetics

I think i have to go to the second stage Neem oil a good bio spray. If that doesn't work there is Masai from the Bayer company but that is chem so i prefer not to use it. and defantly not on budding plants i hope to smoke.

ixnay007

"I can't remember the last time I had a blackout"
Veteran
Try a three stage plan KG, first vacuum, that will remove a lot of the adults, then a few neem applications, then (if possible) pull some of that cold humid air in from outside, spider mites hate that, if not, cooler temps at night, and let the humidity get as high as possible.

Unfortunately, killing them while in flower is really really difficult if you're concerned about your health.

K

Karma Genetics

Ixnay007: Thanks for that vacuum tip, i used a vacuum before when i got a lot off litle white fly's . I kept only one lamp running and put the hose there most fly's came to the light and then uuguhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

TML16: Thanks for the kind words. I think i will keep it bio till the harvest is done then i will keep a big clean-up and use some chem cleaner..

The Update:

The Kushage#16: I removed a lot of leafes and vacuumd it it also got sprayed twice with neem oil. It seems to be a lot less but they already where in a very bad state. This will not be a good example off this stain.

DSC02116.jpg

DSC02117.jpg

The Happy Brother: The spidermites dont like this plant ha ha they are almost totaly clean. They have about 20 to 25 days to go. This plant got such a nice strong smell and the taste is very full and stay in your mouth for a very long time. When cured my wife thinks it somtimes smell's like catpiss but i disagre on that i think it smells like super dank sweetnes. I hope to onday suceed in my backcross project ore some S1's off this very special plant.

DSC02119.jpg

DSC02122.jpg

And a closet shot:
DSC02125.jpg

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
I think they are looking fabulous and you made the right decision :yes:

Cat pee sounds unappealing, but you're tastes sound much better :yummy:

It's amazing how close you can keep those lights to the canopy without frying them :canabis:
This is an ideally efficient way to grow :respect:

G

guest5703

lookin good despite the bugs bro! Those are sure frosting up, good work! PEACE