What's new

Karma OG From Seed

Popped about 15 of these bad boys, and these are the four that survived. All the seeds germed beautifully and faster than I expected, and by the time I got them into their media and pots they were already a good 2" long or so and most were completely out of the seed shell. Also for reasons I'm not gonna go into to I had to start them under HPS lights from the beginning (600s dimmed down to 360, maybe 5' above the original 4"x4" starter pots) which I'm sure contributed to the bad survival rate. So it's likely my fault that only 4 of the 15 broke through the media and survived.

Pheno "10":

picture.php

picture.php

Pheno "11":

picture.php

picture.php

Pheno "15":

picture.php

picture.php

Pheno "14":

picture.php

picture.php

Based on the tacoing leaves and a few other symptoms I think they're currently suffering from some kind of VPD issues and have been playing around with the heat/RH to try and correct it. Right now I have the room at about 82f and 75% RH, up from 78f and 70% RH earlier.

I definitely messed up in that I should have topped these wayyy sooner, as they are definitely sativa-dominant and stretch a lot compared to the purple champagne indica-dominant strain I'm also running in room.

Plan is to transplant them to 2 or 3 gal pots in a week or so, then top them all and take clones, then flower them out in about a month and cull the males. I'll keep the thread updated.

power puff

What's VPD?
I would make cuts and use these for a new grow, give 'em plenty of light and keep them from stretching.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I would drop the humidity massively. They will struggle to transpire with that temp/rh consistently.

30-40% rh would show you improvements.

Good luck!

WolfieCat

I would drop the humidity massively. They will struggle to transpire with that temp/rh consistently.

30-40% rh would show you improvements.

This is bad advice...a quick look at any VPD chart would tell you that 30-40% RH isn't ideal at the temps he has described.

His plants would transpire far too much at that low humidity...

- Wolfie

Grid Xeon

Thanks for posting that VPD chart Wolfie. a very valuable and enlightening resource. Makes real sense of RH and why it is important in relation to temps.
Enjoying the show Bad Habits, hope you get some good females. Hoping to run some of these Karma OG beans in the future myself so I'll pull up a beanbag if that's ok?

Latest posts

Latest posts