What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary Karma Genetics Tester - Black Domina x Zizi

Brother Nature

First off, thanks to Karma for this opportunity, Black Domina and her crosses are some of my favorite plants, so I am very grateful to get the opportunity to grow these out.

Received the seeds about 2 weeks ago, had a bout of covid and then the holidays hit so didn't get a chance to start them until last night.

Have planted 12/12. 6 seeds were soaked overnight in a glass of water then planted, the other 6 were planted directly into the seed mix. Nothing has popped yet, but it's only been about 20 hours since going in. Pretty boring photos so far so have added my current tent in for fun. Currently running 4x c99 (kwik seeds), 2-3x a99 (c99 x Afghaan 90), 2x Peak c99's (f7's bread by @StickyBandit ), one golfball (flowering back left), and one Gelato x Wedding cake (the flowering bud in rear-right corner).

Hope to have some decent updates in a week or two for you peeps.

IMG_4771.JPG
IMG_4772.JPG
IMG_4777.JPG

Brother Nature

Within 3 days, 10 of 12 seeds have popped. Looks like an 11th will be up soon too and I'm sure the 12th will also arise in the next day or two.

IMG_4780.JPG

This run has me quite excited so I've popped another black domina cross I have, (Phantom cookies x Black Domina) x unknown strain, ran a couple seeds of her last run and was very impressed with the final smoke so will run her again.

full

Brother Nature

New years report.

All 12/12 seeds have popped and are looking nice and healthy. Have up-potted them from the propagation trays to larger containers.

Half

IMG_4786.JPG

Other 5 amongst the Sour Diesel cuts

IMG_4787.JPG

And the last one, still in the tray as it took a little longer to pop than the rest.

IMG_4785.JPG

Brother Nature

Update...

Have had a lot of heat and humidity over the last few weeks, veg room wasn't cutting it so have moved them into a better temperature controlled tent. They're now under a cmh as well. Lost 2 of the seedlings due to carelessness when transplanting, stupidly dropped one and snapped the stem and the second i planted a bit too deep and when tamping down the soil I also snapped it's stem.... d'oh...

Otherwise they're looking happy and chugging a long, hey did stretch more than I would have liked, but it had been very warm and humid in their old veg spot. Stem growth is nice and thick though so I'm sure it'll be fine.

full
full
full

blondie

If you haven’t tossed the plants yet try burying them past the point where the stem snapped. I’ve seen plants make it with a snap, not a total break.

Brother Nature

So I had an update today, but i appears photo uploads are not working currently.

So far all 10 are vegging well, all growing at about the same rate, most have the classic opposing nodes o the stem, two have started growing their nodes in a triangular pattern. Leaves are chubby indica-leaning hybrid looking so far, nothing thin.

I have 2 favorites so far, both very classic, bushy indica looking growth pattern.

I'll update with photos once I can.

Brother Nature

Cool, can upload again now.

Group Shot
full

Top Shot of #3, my favorite so far -
full

Side shot of #3, showing a good branching structure -

full

Another group shot, with the other Black Domina crosses I am running -
full

Top Shot of my second favorite, slightly crinkled leaf structure -
full

Side Shot of the 'triangular' node structure forming in 2 plants -
full

Side Shot of the other plant doing the triangular node thing -
full

Tent shot with a thirsty looking Sour in the back...

full

Brother Nature

Things have been growing very well lately, so far have had 3 females and 2 males show their pre-flowers, so have about 5 still waiting to see. They've grown pretty consistently, good solid stems, fat leaves, good side branching, decent growth rate, but not stretchy.

The whole tent, contains Sour Diesel and another Black Domina cross that is unrelated.

full

Female Plant 1 -

full

full

Female 2 -

full

full

Female 3, needs an up pot very soon...

full
full

The rest of them (party cup plants are another cross), should hopefully show their sex soon...
full

Last edited:

Brother Nature

Here's a real funky growing plant. The stem has looped itself around, yet has still survived this long. I haven't seen a plant produce a looped stem and still grow well after so that's pretty cool. Sadly the plant has a funny growth pattern, but I'm hoping it's a female, most plants I've grown out that have been funky have turned out the funk so I always try to get the funky ones to completion.

full
full
full

Brother Nature

All plants have expressed their sex now. I got a perfect 50% m/f ratio. 5 females and 5 males of the 10 seeds that made it. I'm liking the growth rates so far, very bushy structure, most look more indica than anything.

First 3, in smaller pots, will be uppotting today now I know what they are.
full
full
full
full
full
full
full

Brother Nature

Next up are my two favorites from the females. They showed sex earlier so have been moved to larger pots about a week ago, great growth rates, one is more hybrid looking
full
full
and the other more indica leaning.

full
full
full

Brother Nature

Apologies for the delay in postings, life has recently thrown some lemons so has been hard to get the time to properly review this grow.

Have put the first 2 in flower in the LED tent. One is much more indica leaning, looks a lot more Black Domina dominant... The second looks more Zkittles, very hybrid looking. Very little stretch on both plants, the more hybrid looking one was about 0.5x the stretch, the indica girl stretched little if at all.

Both plants (front left, front right)

full

Zkittles leaner, top shot
full

Black Domina leaner top shot

full

Profile of Black Domina leaner (1)

full

Profile of Black Domina leaner (2)
full

Profile of Zkittles leaner (1)

full