What's new

Karma Genetics Biker Kush V2.0

whatthe215

Veteran
I believe they need to be jacked up with mag when they go from veg to flower under the brighter lights. It's basically like light sickness. Too much light, upped co2 levels and not enough Mg to facilitate photosynthesis. Last grow I had no problems and they stayed good and green. This time I just forgot, which is why it's good to take notes and then read those notes.

When I say jacked up I mean adding like 10 ml's per gallon of calmg for the week before they go into flower. That for me seems to ease the transition.

Also applies to my True cut as well.

that's interesting, when i ran my first OG in a long time i got the 'light sickness' when i transplanted to a flower room. Big Ricky suggested epsom foliar and boom next day they were lush green and perky.

10ml calmag+ would be about 1 EC... seems like a lot? do you drop your base a lot?

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
That's because Sulfur and Magnesium are some key elements responsible for creating photosynthetic energy. There's no such thing as "light sick" ... only..."sick" plants with out enough energy / root mass needed to support itself.

Cal Mag + is calcium nitrate and magnesium nitrate and sulfate , i'd look for better sources as excess NO3 ions also will slow down photosynthesis because the plant will take away energy from itself to turn NO3 to protein and will stop the reaction if it runs out of enzyme cofactors to finish...

But hey...what the hell do i know anyways..

paperchaser825

That's because Sulfur and Magnesium are some key elements responsible for creating photosynthetic energy. There's no such thing as "light sick" ... only..."sick" plants with out enough energy / root mass needed to support itself.

Cal Mag + is calcium nitrate and magnesium nitrate and sulfate , i'd look for better sources as excess NO3 ions also will slow down photosynthesis because the plant will take away energy from itself to turn NO3 to protein and will stop the reaction if it runs out of enzyme cofactors to finish...

But hey...what the hell do i know anyways..

So where would we find a better source? I have been wondering this myself, but I just don't know where to start.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
Easy.

Calcium nitrate is actually very good...when used in minute doses and high levels of Mo and a few other elements are provided to turn the nitrate to protein as fast as possible

I also like albion amino chelated calcium , mag sulfate works great, too.

StardustGardens

This is my two different cultivars that I ended up with.
Both bulked up nice and the smells are great. Can't wait to get them dialed so I can run a room. She's not for the faint of heart that's for sure. Nothing comes easy with this one.

Attachments

• DSC01622.jpg
    DSC01622.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC01627.jpg
    DSC01627.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC01631.jpg
    DSC01631.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 38

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Nice buds! Your third pic looks like my pheno. The first two have those red hairs going and mine never gets any color like that.

sureshot66

Veteran
wow great tip thanks. im definitely hitting mine today with a bigger dose.

mine look mag deficient more so than calcium but maybe im misreading it.
just to be clear as to what levels you mean, what brand of cal mag product are you adding 10 mils of. i have bpb cal mag sitting around. lately since ive been using coco ive been using more epsom because im not seeing as much of a cal issue as magnesium. i tend to start with a 1/4 gram per gallon and usually go no higher than 1 gram. im guessing though that you are talking levels higher than that.

ill hit the ogs with a foliar.
im going to do a foliar today of 1 mil per gallon calmag on top of 1 gram per gallon epsom increase to tank and see if that gets it up at all.

sup bud, heavy 16 foliar and calmag 3mls per are what i use for that on those stay with it they improve, and high humidity, they like it hot n moist

StardustGardens

I just cut my two girls down. These were small plants but the buds got pretty big. Can't wait to run a room as soon as I get enough cuts.
As usual I'm very impressed with Karmas gear. He puts the work in and does things proper in my opinion.
Thanks brother Karma,

Attachments

• DSC01636.jpg
    DSC01636.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC01637.jpg
    DSC01637.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC01638.jpg
    DSC01638.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC01639.jpg
    DSC01639.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 46

Guyute54

ICMag Donor
Veteran
looks like some good OG , now just give it a name and you'll have your very own OG cut

Call it "holy shit this is the best OG you ever had OG" lol.

All bs aside I don't understand why people just can't call things what it already is. In reality I think we already fucked up on the name game long ago. I think things should have been easily tracked back to it roots from where it came from. I do love all the clever names just sucks that we don't know how many times a afghan was crossed to a paki.. We more than likely have hundreds of the same genes going by different names.

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran
looks like some good OG , now just give it a name and you'll have your very own OG cut

Thats what happens a lot, wonder how many Strains get RENAMED and why ?

I just put my name behind it when i selected it, like Biker Kush KGcut. In my eyes thats the right way to do it.

RandomMan

I Build Things
ICMag Donor
Thats what happens a lot, wonder how many Strains get RENAMED and why ?

I just put my name behind it when i selected it, like Biker Kush KGcut. In my eyes thats the right way to do it.

This is exactly how I feel. I'm a goober for knowing where beans come from. If people would name strains/cuts in this manner, we'd know where everything comes from...

paperchaser825

Beans finally hit my box. Some of the freebies were crushed, but I think my biker pack made it somewhat unharmed. Only one way to find out I guess. I have to put it on hold for a bit, but I will hopefully update with pics and whatnot.

1st off, respect on the Bikers... they're lookin stellar, as does all your other work . You and a couple other people on here have really piqued my interest in the strain. Looked on seedbay and doesn't look like they have any left, only Biker kush crosses, so that's a shame. Then again you said it's hard to grow, so maybe it's not got me LOL!

2nd - been reading through about how the leaves have been yellowing, but it seems to be chugging along. I've been having a seemingly very similar problem with Obama Kush (afghani x OG kush) I'm running at the moment.

Looked perfectly lush and green before flipping em, and they were in 3 gal geopots. When I flipped em I just took the geopots and put those in 7 gal plastic posts and filled in the crack with coco... and the fan leaves have been yellowing the fuk out ever since...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

those pics were taken through method sevens. Without them on when you're in the room the leaves look yellow as fuk. The new growth is green though and seems like it's still growin decent...

Thought it might have been the fact that I didn't properly transplant them before flipping, but I've done the same technique before with a diff strain and had no problem at all. Thought it was over watering but I've been very careful with checking the coco moisture levels and watering accordingly...

I've also noticed it happens whenever I transplant them. Here are 2 I transplanted from a 1 gal to a 2.5 gal 3 days ago:

picture.php

They were perfectly lush green before that... hadn't watered em since transplanting, so don't think theyre's anyway it was from overwatering. But on the bottom the roots are already poking through all the holes:

picture.php

Shit has got me stumped. But ya you can see the spots on the leaves and purpling of the stems as well... How you described yours sounds similar to this so just thought I'd post about it and compare notes ya know...

foliar magnesium. or calmag like they were saying in the posts above.

I run calmag at 4.5ml/gal pretty much through veg and flower... Saw someone maybe say go up to 10ml/gal? Never foiler feed anything before lol... you just put it in one of those pump spray bottles and blast it? I'm assuming you have to avoid hitting the budsites? #newbie

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
i meant during transition. you said after up potting it started. i assumed that happened just before transition.in this deep im not sure what the best approach would be. .

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
i bet you woould get more attention on this in another thread. the issue looks like it needs attention. although it also looks a little past turning all the way around, but there may be some room for improvement on it not getting the last of the green bud leaves. slow the yellowing down. it looks nutritional may not be as simple as a mag deficiency it may be getting too much of something else but i dont know. is it possible ypou are giving too much cal and causing issues with mag uptake? i really dont know im just stabbing.

Latest posts

Latest posts