What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Karma Genetics "Anonymous" test grow

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Haha yeah im just hoping they lean og. The unknown lady looks really dank and short. Hopefully that will tighten up the og stretch and bump yield but i dunno. Unknown lady looks a bit bubba ish which would not help yield. Well have to see. Fat leaves on these suckers. Im stoked to be running em. A little nitro def but its just because i mixed my soil with half coco because i didnt want them burning up. Now theyre in pure roots 707. Theyre about to take off i think.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Plants are vegging slowly. Very happy though. I just did some slight defoliation because the leaves are so fat and i need those bottoms to stretch. I want to take cuts of all of them in a week but im not sure thats possible, might take two. Either way were getting closer to flipping these puppies.
picture.php

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just took cuts of 5 diff plants. I had to kill one that showed extreme ball sackage mid veg. I have photos ill post soon. I raped these plants. They need AT LEAST a week or even two before i flip them. But i have all the cuts. Band new clean cloner. I will be showing what anonymous is all about via soil and hydro.....very soon here. Karma represent.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I also have a runt that is doing much better. They're usually dank. Ill nurse it up to a big plant asap.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
About to flip these finally.

About to flip these finally.

Been battling mites a bit in the veg/mom room. Floramite has been applied. I will apply again in 3 days. I have cuts of all the plants here that haven't shown balls. All males were culled along with the corresponding clones. Gonna see whats what here soon.
picture.php

azad

Buzkashi
Veteran
Looking fab. Wise choice taking cuts of them babies man.
I bet you've got some real bangers in there man.

stay well and grow strong!

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks azad. Im stoked to run them. Theyre flowering now in soil and my cuts are all in rockwool alive and happy and properly labeled. Hoping all 5 plants i have left are girls. Fingers toes eyes and balls crossed :)

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well, sadly pretty much all my female plants went herm. I have three left. The runt who is still in veg and happens to be the only one to show pre flowers in veg. Then i have two others that look iffy. Two were for sure herms and i culled them. The other two i have flowering look suspicious however I've seen suspicious sex organs magically pop out hairs and turn out to be full females. Im gonna give them another few days to show their true colors. Getting sorta sad i dedicated the space time and money to all these herms I'm tossing. Hopefully the females i have are true and reward me with some flavorful flowers :)

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
All are herm. :( so shitty. Waa waa. Like actually half male half female. One large male sex organ right below female pistils. Doubt it was stress induced. Ive stressed the shit out of my female plants over the years and never had them herm. Ill pop photos before i cull these last ones for documentation purposes. Not stoked! I have one plant left. Shes showing female flowers in veg and I'm gonna take cuts off of it soon. Hoping its a true female. Shes our last hope at a full female example of the anonymous.

azad

Buzkashi
Veteran
oohh noo That's a real shame bro. toss em, no need to document hermies.
Hope that lone plant works out to be special one for ya.

peace

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
One last chance

One last chance

Ok, well this is mainly for Karma if he ever wants documentation on his crosses and what happened. Here are the herm flowers of the Anonymous girls. Every female i had did this.
picture.php
picture.php

This is what type of stuff i had vegged prepped to flip in my hydro trays and see their potential. Unfortunately all are culled. They took up a lot of space and now i have to wait extra weeks to start my next run in my perpetual garden. Sucks big time.
picture.php
picture.php

Here is the last chance. The only plant to show me pre flowers within a two month veg period. She was a runt that took forever to grow. Now she is flourishing. Im hoping for a solid female with no herming. I find it unlikely to be possible considering all the others, but there were straight males so the hopes are high. Taking two cuts next round in my cloner and flipping it.
picture.php

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I cannot afford to have anything in my garden with the potential to herm. To those that say i should "pick them off" or that this was "stress induced" it doesn't matter. If mild stress or genetics can play any part in her causing any accidental pollination of my fully stable non hermy garden she's GOT TO GO.

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
I cannot afford to have anything in my garden with the potential to herm. To those that say i should "pick them off" or that this was "stress induced" it doesn't matter. If mild stress or genetics can play any part in her causing any accidental pollination of my fully stable non hermy garden she's GOT TO GO.

To each their own. Stability is overrated and honestly...often boring as hell. Good luck

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
To each their own. Stability is overrated and honestly...often boring as hell. Good luck

Ive yet to get bored and I've yet to have a garden full of unwanted seeds. I just cant go there. Id love to see these plants flowers potential after all my work and money went into this, however, i cant pick every male flower off of every bud site. My garden isn't small enough for this type of thing. I need stable strains.

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
Ive yet to get bored and I've yet to have a garden full of unwanted seeds. I just cant go there. Id love to see these plants flowers potential after all my work and money went into this, however, i cant pick every male flower off of every bud site. My garden isn't small enough for this type of thing. I need stable strains.

Damn shame then

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn shame then

You're telling me. A damn shame there wasn't one solid female so far...its not like only one flower had a herm and i culled them all. EVERY budsite of EVERY female had male sacs. Would you have grown that out and allowed all your strains in your perpetual garden that funds your living to be at risk for pollination? I doubt it. Im not just a hobby grower I supply medicine for patients and myself. Not to mention ALL those seeds would have come from hermy stock and been worthless. Im sorry im not sorry i killed them. I need my garden filled with stable, predictable strains with quality at a consistent rate. I cant have my patients saying they couldn't eat because it wasn't as strong as last time.

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
You're telling me. A damn shame there wasn't one solid female so far...its not like only one flower had a herm and i culled them all. EVERY budsite of EVERY female had male sacs. Would you have grown that out and allowed all your strains in your perpetual garden that funds your living to be at risk for pollination? I doubt it. Im not just a hobby grower I supply medicine for patients and myself. Not to mention ALL those seeds would have come from hermy stock and been worthless. Im sorry im not sorry i killed them. I need my garden filled with stable, predictable strains with quality at a consistent rate. I cant have my patients saying they couldn't eat because it wasn't as strong as last time.

Totally understand why you take your path. Would I have grown them out? Yes. We have differences in opinion of what is worthless. Not being critical of you..but as one who works with intersex plants often..I'd have no issue. Doing it presently. It's more work...that is true. Seems my favorite expressions are prone to intersex...decided it just doesn't waiver me if they do

As for stability (in a business sense)...it's a gamble for you to grow from seed I'd imagine...rather than sticking to a proven clone? You must be somewhat of a gambler to be doing that?...though I'm sure you keep some solid clones...it's still (like in this case) an expense you can live without...seed runs I mean. anyway....sorry you had a less than happy experience...sometimes it ends in a shit can..to that I can relate. Voracious shit cans can be key. Happy hunting bro

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Totally understand why you take your path. Would I have grown them out? Yes. We have differences in opinion of what is worthless. Not being critical of you..but as one who works with intersex plants often..I'd have no issue. Doing it presently. It's more work...that is true. Seems my favorite expressions are prone to intersex...decided it just doesn't waiver me if they do

As for stability (in a business sense)...it's a gamble for you to grow from seed I'd imagine...rather than sticking to a proven clone? You must be somewhat of a gambler to be doing that?...though I'm sure you keep some solid clones...it's still (like in this case) an expense you can live without...seed runs I mean. anyway....sorry you had a less than happy experience...sometimes it ends in a shit can..to that I can relate. Voracious shit cans can be key. Happy hunting bro

Thats just it! I still like to hunt! I have clones i keep for sure but some are originally from seed. Seeds are the ticket to unseen phenos and having something unique. I still dabble while keeping most to all my strains heavily stocked via moms and clones. If i find a stable keeper from seed ill always have moms and cuts going of her too. I wish i could afford to keep them and see what could've been. From a business sense to me, having something new and potentially of unforeseen medical value is priceless. I need variety. In a perpetual garden all the favorites are going in steady rotation due to demand. Im always looking for hidden treasure too though.

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
Thats just it! I still like to hunt! I have clones i keep for sure but some are originally from seed. Seeds are the ticket to unseen phenos and having something unique. I still dabble while keeping most to all my strains heavily stocked via moms and clones. If i find a stable keeper from seed ill always have moms and cuts going of her too. I wish i could afford to keep them and see what could've been. From a business sense to me, having something new and potentially of unforeseen medical value is priceless. I need variety. In a perpetual garden all the favorites are going in steady rotation due to demand. Im always looking for hidden treasure too though.

Variety is important to me...I'd have a very difficult time running the same clones over and over (I keep one now....but went 3yrs or so without keeping any)...even though..I understand the value of keeping it consistently good/dependable.

The thing I've found out with many expressions that show intersex early in flower is...often...if you remove the offending balls most of them mellow out. Not all...but most. I think many people flip when they think of a nanner popping and pollinating an entire room...but I've never had that happen...though yup...I've had some minor accidents (very minor). Never seen an entire crop even near pollinated. Running perpetual (as you are) lessens the chances as well. A cultivator would have to really not be paying attention...in order for an entire room to be pollinated by an intersex plant.

In my current project...80% of the females are showing balls/nanners in weeks 3-4. After those weeks...they mellow out...well..maybe an easy to see nanner here and there..but nothing threatening. Those females...also happen to be the most desirable expressions...in which the best...are being partially pollinated (male pollen) for the project. They are my own crosses...and I do know them pretty well...so really...it's just normal for me.

I'm not exactly promoting intersex prone plants...but I'm not going to disregard them either. As I've said...many intersex prone expressions are amongst my favorite expressions...so...I use them to breed with. If I culled all the plants I've had...that showed this trait...I'd have fucked myself royally. I mean that. I've been working with them for years now...and have no regrets at all.

That being said...they are not for everyone. I'm just passing on my experience....as there are many who have none..but will preach like they do. Seeing a nanner or some balls...o the great fear...but in reality...most can be grown out...the issue mitigated by attention to detail. There are exceptions..like a nonstop full blown/every day kicking out lots of nanners...but that's not the majority.

From what I see in yours...yeah they are showing pretty good...but it's early on. They look no different than some I'm presently working with. Time consuming...bit of a pain in the ass...but doable. Of course...I don't know that line...so I could be off...just going off hyper sensitive plants I work with.

If not this time...maybe another time comes up..and you may reconsider your options. Maybe experiment with just one...see how it goes. Shame to come so far in the grow...and then have to scrap it. Guess...that's my argument.

Latest posts

Latest posts