What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Karma Genetics A5Haze s1

D3pthCharg3

First and foremost, I want to express my gratitude of course to Karma G, and as well the 'behind the scenes' haze fanatics who have shared so generously, to allow for me the opportunity to experience these legends firsthand now. It is truly an honor, and I will do my best.
After a bit of contemplation, I decided I will start the (6) A5Haze s1s, and not a combination of the A5s1s and the HpHSk cross. I only have 7 slots open for this adventure, so I did consider 4 and 3, etc., but I want the best view of the pure A5s all at once. The HpHSk cross will go in the same way at a later date, all at once as well, allowing for easier comparing/contrasting. Perhaps I will do (1) HpHSk x A5s1, what do folks think? Has anyone seen any photos of this gal, I'll bet she's lovely?
After a quick soak, into the prepared containers they will go. I will be placing them directly into my flowering area from from germination to completion (11.5 light-12.5 darkness). The containers are 8" square 1.7 Gal 'root pruning' plastic pots that are perfect for replanting directly into 7 gallon nursery pots without removing from the original container. (the large root pruning holes allow for easy root transition). This repot will go down after the stretch about the 3rd week. The media is a mix of Roots Organic and fresh worm castings from my bin (with a bit of perlite to offset the muddiness of the casts). Each pot also has about 20-30 red wigglers wiggling in them too. I set the containers up about 2-3 weeks before the seeds go in, as to get some life going in the containers. They have been given compost tea a few times.
The seeds will be set in motion in about a week, a day before the new moon here. After an overnight soak (Water, coconut water, kelp, aloe) they will be placed directly in the media. As for now the containers are furthering their microbial population, and I am furthering my anticipation to witness these lovely ladies journey to their full glory.
So grateful.

nickman

Veteran
Kool I’m def gonna watch this one... I’m very interested in this HPH x Skunk x A5Hz ...!!!...

Shit, throw one in there for me to see... lol..

D3pthCharg3

Hello IC Mag family, I hope this finds everyone well.

I will now be adding 'home school teacher' to my list of blessings.

Im a little behind in my journaling of this grow, my apologies. I do have a few entries to provide and thankfully not much exciting has been going on at this stage, except seedings maturing, well that is kinda cool. Here's an idea of my plan for these. I'm going to be germinating in my flowering room, under Pacific Light Works COB LEDs set to 11 1/2 on 12 1/2 dark. The containers, which I like especially for this application, will be later transplanted directly into larger containers later in the grow after the initial stretch with very little shock as they are not removed. The media in the container is a mix of Roots Green Lite and castings from my home bin. I also applied a couple AACTs to the pots awaiting seeds.

picture.php

picture.php

D3pthCharg3

I have 4 healthy seedlings and 2 that from emergence have been whacked out. Have a look..

picture.php

By the way, it's not PM, I spray with sulfur as a preventative

Heres the other 2...

picture.php

nickman

Veteran
Good idea putting them in a kiddie pool with also a lil soil in it ...!!!... do the roots actually grow through to the soil in the pool...???...

Zomboy

Veteran
Good idea putting them in a kiddie pool with also a lil soil in it ...!!!... do the roots actually grow through to the soil in the pool...???...

I figured he was using the pool so he didnt make a mess when packing the pots or maybe to contain the worms. Interesting idea flowering them in a kiddie pool

D3pthCharg3

I only use the pool to contain the massive amount of soil that comes out of these specific containers' huge holes during potting up process. I have done what you were suggesting in a large saucer though, during flower if I run out of nutrition I have set the pot in a saucer-full of soil, worked pretty good. Kinda gave me the inspiration for what will be happening here in a a few weeks (hopefully they will have stopped stretching by then). I will set these containers into 5 gallon nursery pots and fill with soil for the remainder of flower. These pots end up being too small to flower well organically.

TheDarkStorm

Im a little behind in my journaling of this grow, my apologies. I do have a few entries to provide and thankfully not much exciting has been going on at this stage, except seedings maturing, well that is kinda cool. Here's an idea of my plan for these. I'm going to be germinating in my flowering room, under Pacific Light Works COB LEDs set to 11 1/2 on 12 1/2 dark. The containers, which I like especially for this application, will be later transplanted directly into larger containers later in the grow after the initial stretch with very little shock as they are not removed. The media in the container is a mix of Roots Green Lite and castings from my home bin. I also applied a couple AACTs to the pots awaiting seeds.

View Image

View Image

Lol...I like your little mate chilling there...looks like he was helping you out but ended up getting stoned...he's had to take a seat on the floor for abit...is that a little cat or a dog chilling with him..

G

View Image

View Image
So did you make those cutouts in the containers or buy them like that ? Interesting. Did you consider just using cheap grow bags and a pair of scissors if you plan on up potting ?

Latest posts

Latest posts