What's new

Karma Genetics - A5Haze S1 + Bandaid Haze 7 x A5Haze fem TEST

asdfasf

Pic in a minute. Need to up it.
Hey LT, come on it's been an hour already.

I'm curious how the light is doing them. How much did you snag that led panel for? I made one myself (over 480watt) and it costed me like five hundred fifty. three hundred for leds and one hundred for heatsinks. The driver was hundred fifty bucks. I wanted to get that killer a5 haze from ace but couldn't get it. I can't find this one on karma's website either. Are these seeds like a tester edition only?

LostTribe

Premium user
Hey LT, come on it's been an hour already.

I'm curious how the light is doing them. How much did you snag that led panel for? I made one myself (over 480watt) and it costed me like five hundred fifty. three hundred for leds and one hundred for heatsinks. The driver was hundred fifty bucks. I wanted to get that killer a5 haze from ace but couldn't get it. I can't find this one on karma's website either. Are these seeds like a tester edition only?

What can a lazy stoner do??

Here you go.

Bandaid Haze x A5
picture.php

This one has been very easy growing and wasn't really affected by the light more than just a bit. I have her tied down. And she was moved into the side of my flowering area.

A5's
picture.php

This one was completely yellow and has just started to grow vertically again. Still hoping.
picture.php

This is the midget that also had damage from the light but wasn't really doing much since it cracked. I definitely want to get the rest of the A5 going but with the set back I may have to crack the rest in late summer they just won't finish in time for this round.

Another Sativa Nevil's from mns that was about 2 weeks ahead of these.
picture.php

Best LT

LostTribe

Premium user
The taller of the A5's is coming around. I moved it a bit further away from the t5 and last 2 days has shown decent growth so hoping to get it back on track.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
mine are kicking along nicely at this point almost 2 weeks into flower...crazy to think they probably won't be done until late june/early july...heck,i'll be most of the way through another round of plants in the rest of the room before they get done!

nickman

Veteran
What sort of soil do u have them in? It does look a little wet... did u just water them before the pic’s.?.
Try letting them dry out real good before watering again...!!!...
if I was u I’d try using a nice organic soil mixed with a bit of compost...!!!... water only... see what happens...?...
might be worth a shot...!!!...

LostTribe

Premium user
What sort of soil do u have them in? It does look a little wet... did u just water them before the pic’s.?.
Try letting them dry out real good before watering again...!!!...
if I was u I’d try using a nice organic soil mixed with a bit of compost...!!!... water only... see what happens...?...
might be worth a shot...!!!...

I've been trying to get wet dry cycle going and they are in water only soil.

LostTribe

Premium user
Just checking in I am now at day 11 of 12/12 and the BH7A5 is stretching and healthy. I up potted another one and did a little defol on both. Theses Bandaids have amazingly strong branching. Lots of large leafs so I may decide to flag some of the large outer fans to keep her in her space. This is an easy growing variety so far. Very vigorous. Dark green.

My NH shot to the moon already just got too tall so I chopped the 2 main's down and just going to see what happens. I read Nevil posting that all of the Haze's he was working would stand up to topping after bloom so time will tell. Its already pushing pistols even on the lowers. Right now its become a short bush with slender leaves and plenty of light is getting through.

These are in a soil mix with organic amendments. I am watering with tap but will sup with the botanicare line along with some top dressing as they go. Probably some P bat guano for sure but keeping everything to a minimum to just let them go.

update and pics later in the week. I may swap the led up there as the temp is fluctuating too much and I am having good luck with it in my cuttings. Everything greened up. I had to up my nutes with it for veg. Been having that problem since my old meter shot the shit and ever since I got this blue lab. I think its the difference in the scales. I must have been using the 500 on the Milwaukee it was 20 years old?

Best
LT

LostTribe

Premium user
I put in another Bandaid Haze A5 about a week ago. The other is at day 21 of bloom. My flower tent is now on 11/13.

I put 2 more A5's into paper towels as the miget still isn't moving.

I ordered 1 more pack of the A5 for back up but still have 1 more of those to crack. Not sure I am going to have the time to bloom these next 2 right away but I will try. I may go coco with them. I am new to coco but discovered I was majorly underfeeding all plants in veg due to a new type of pen after my 2 decade old Milwaukee finally crapped out on me. Back on track now.

I will get pics this weekend.

LostTribe

Premium user
Well my battery is shot on my camera but finally got enough charge to make something happen. The Pandemic situation has my new pack of A5 an absolute question mark at this point. Vendor is limiting orders but mine from 4/15 still hasn't shipped and I paid w confirmed crypto the next day. Says awaiting payment, but link shows paid so I assume it will eventually get sorted out. I started 2 more of the A5 and holding 1 just incase of SHTF.

Moving along these are from 2 weeks ago. As you can see they are still stretching. Both are the BH#7 x A5Haze. The shorter is at 2 weeks and the other is about a month in. I am now at day 35 on the elder but not sure of the pic. They are still stretching but last week at approximately 1 month of bloom(now on 11/13 for 2 weeks) the taller one (older) is showing visible resin reminiscent of my OTH. Classic Haze. Hope she stops stretching soon I am running out of height but will figure something out.

recently put into bloom
picture.php

older specimen
picture.php

Best
LT

LostTribe

Premium user
I don't know what is the issue I am now at day 77 since flip and the BH7A5's are still stretching and not trying to bloom. My NH for comparison is heavily into flower in the same medium, water and popped at same time. Maybe there is a light leak but I have lights out at night and the others are blooming.

I am using a 3500k LED if anyone thinks that would prevent them from blooming. I started them under hps but its been 5 plus weeks under the led.

LostTribe

Premium user
I got some pics notice the 5 leaf node on the 2nd BH7A5 I put into flower. It is coming along and at 49 days but still not blooming and I am on 11/13 light/dark have been for like a month.

picture.php

I didn't crop it so its sideways sorry this is the BH7A5 at 77 days.

picture.php

NH also at 77 days and was in hotter soil so it even got burnt to a crisp early on but is defiantly further along.

BH7A5 about 10 days ago
picture.php

LostTribe

Premium user
Here is the mutant BH7A5 with 5 fan leaves coming out of the same node.

picture.php

I had thought it was just super bushy at the bottom until I decided to de larf. Also see this top that turned into 2 branches without topping. It did that at several places and also lots of lateral branching where there are more leafs at the nodes.

picture.php

I started the rest of this pack of A5 but they are not going well either. I started them along with 3 more NH and the NH are blowing them away. Back in pure coco.

I went ahead and put the A5 seedlings under my hps that is blooming to try and get them more light. I normally just use a pair of t5 bulbs in a shop light until they go under a bigger light but they are just not doing much of anything. I am not giving up and awaiting the other pack of A5 I bought. We'll see. If the BH7's don't start blooming I will defiantly cull them. I don't see any reason they shouldn't be well into bloom as the NH is further along and got the crap kicked out of it. My old-timers was way further along at this point and I took it to 20.5 weeks of bloom.

The mutant is in straight happy frog with a small bit of perlite added. I am not feeding much. Half strength PBP once a week with other waterings a bit of LK and calmag to offset the RO. The NH and tall non blooming BH7A5 are in a peat based mix. Too much N or not enough P I really doubt that's the issue. I did up pot as I put them into flower maybe that screwed them up but again the NH is unaffected. Sorry to throw the NH in for comparison but its got A5 in it so figured the info might be of use. Maybe its just a few of these that are leaning towards a wild gene in there somewhere.... Any and all comments welcome.

Please remember I have been in hydroton for a long time but didn't feel I would be able to control their size in that setup. I wonder if the up pot kept it in grow mode. Again the NH didn't have issue with that or me hacking off the twin towers 2 weeks into bloom.

Also took cuttings of these.

Best
LT

THC123

Veteran
It is just the genetics. The more a5 dominant ones will flower longer and take longer to start flowering. Me and Unclefishstick have had them 40-50 days under 12/12 before even starting to form pistils.

Be patient !

LostTribe

Premium user
It is just the genetics. The more a5 dominant ones will flower longer and take longer to start flowering. Me and Unclefishstick have had them 40-50 days under 12/12 before even starting to form pistils.

Be patient !

I swapped them into a sodium tent 2-3 weeks ago and they seem to be progressing much better. Still slow but Def showing pistils and stopping stretch.
BHA5(gotta check this one is around 70 days bloom)
picture.php

picture.php

I am near certain it has to do with the LED's. I had a Nevlis in there too and it started out great as it was started bloom under sodium. 2 weeks sodium then to the LED and after 3 weeks it was evident that they had begun to reveg and I am on 11/13. Its come back since then but there were no pistils growing from the stem shoot until I went back to HPS on this one now at 101 days bloom.
picture.php

Here you can see a lower bud the lower calyx's are finishing and full of trichomes but the top is just starting to flower again.
picture.php

Its been a while now but almost all tops started stretching again with stems shooting out of the very tops and now back under HPS for 2-3 weeks now and they are starting to flower at the very tops of these "stem shoots" and above the previous budding sections. The BH7A5 started to really go this week so hoping it won't be long.

The other got to 85 days and just kept stretching with no pistil production so I had to cull her also on 11/13 all under LED. 3500k HLG knockoff. I will see if I can get some pics up.

And Finally the Infamous A5 s1 going into bloom today!
picture.php

I put a few more NH unsexed and a Zamadelica in and put every thing else back under the LED.

This BHA5 has a rooted cutting laying in wait and I will def be taking a snip off the A5 once it gets stretching. I didn't want to top it or anything as I was having a lot of trouble with the previous ones.

I am not going anywhere but as expected this is going to be a long haul and I anticipate running them more than once.

Best
LT

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i have noticed the amnesia cross started flowering quick under the mars hydro sp3000,and the a5 already have visible pistils unlike the seed run plants...

LostTribe

Premium user
i have noticed the amnesia cross started flowering quick under the mars hydro sp3000,and the a5 already have visible pistils unlike the seed run plants...

Thats interesting. I am sort of let down as I bought this 250w unit specifically for running sativa's and some vegging. I have some C99, Tahoe, HGK, C99xValleyGirl and a few others under there that I swapped in from the hps side finishing up. Hope they finish. Was also hoping to take advantage of supposed power usage and less heat.

The A5 and the others that went from the LED into the HPS for bloom have really taken off in a matter of days greener and just blowing up under 600w Horti. A5 is definately liking it and the A5 and NH + Zamadelica are all in canna coco with smart pots this time too. I have been having decent results with that having 2 runs done and coming from hydroton dutch buckets. I may go back to smaller dutch buckets if the yield doesn't pick up though.

Feeding PBP line medium strength nutes ph to ~5.8-6.0.

The Bandaid Haze seems to be showing even more pistils now at 75 days bloom.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well...my bills have dropped quite a bit for summertime,and i'm getting more consistent at hitting 1gpw under led so in that respect the switchover to all led has been a good move for me...but it took time...

LostTribe

Premium user
I had to take a bit of a break from posting but wanted to check back in.

Bandaid Haze #7 x A5Haze finally came down after a rigorous battle which in my belief was due to the spectrum of a new LED which was used for the first 50 plus days of flowering. Also had problems with the same light trying to start bloom on a c99 x valley girl, plants that came from hps and put under the led to finish from 4 weeks on finished fine so its strange. No herms no issues just they don't want to enter bloom but will still finish fine (4 strains finished that way)

TOTAL DAYS BLOOM 127 most on 11/13. Finished under 400w HPS.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Left for 2 days in darkness drying for about a week. Still a bit of green but the smell is nice. Got pretty ripped on a chillum. I'll try to get some cured shots down the road.

The A5 may get culled and tried again. With the long wait I have developed some fungus gnats or other flying pests. One thing I never had before with hydroton. I do like the results from the coco. This BH7A5 was in happy frog. The Nevils also suffered issues and has a bland NL taste. The BH smells herbal so far. Still have a couple seeds too. And another pack of the A5 along with the cut which I will try to bloom in the winter.

Thank you for the opportunity and sorry for the long wait. Can't wait to try this smoke out!
LT

Latest posts

Latest posts