What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kara's 1st Grow - ScROG - Mystery Indica..

karagrows

Hi, This is my first attempt at Growing. I recently built a new home with a special little closet for my newly found recreational activities. My bro gave me some seeds he got from some really amazing crop. I started with 10 seeds. 8 popped nicely, 2 sucked, so I chucked em'. I started from seeds back on September 5th using a 125w T5 multi CRI light. After 1 week I transplanted from peet pellets to 5" sq. pots. After another week and a half I fianl transplanted into 10: Mesh pots inserted into 5 gal buckets. I set one up as a bubble bucket as additional fun. After 2 weeks I went to the 400w HPS with a veg bulb. in the lower chamber which will serve as the flowering chamber. The top chamber is going to be a veg and clone area with a Procyon 100 and the T5 light shown. the Procyon is on back order :(

Last edited:

karagrows

I am now closing out Week 4, I've had to water almost every other day. Think I was a little heavy on perlite (fast drainage). Anyway, I fert. every other watering using Fox Farm food. I'm planning switching over this weekend (Sunday) to 12/12. I will give her a shot of Open Sesame with her last food watering.

Here are some pictures from Wednesday:

Here is a few pictures of the cloet I made:

Last edited:
Z

zoolander

Seems like ya got a good plan , Best of luck and stay safe

C

cellardweller

For a first grow, it seems that you've done your homework!
Good Luck!
~cd

karagrows

Hi Thanks - Here are some pictures from this morning... I topped them last Sunday. They've grown pretty good.

Last edited:
Great setup! I'm almost as new to the fourms as you but, WELCOME. I have a very similar setup going in my closet using DWC and two 400w hps. Just curious how you are draining them, I caught a glimpse of a valve at the bottem of the bucket. I can't wait to see this one through.

karagrows

Here is a picture of the newly installed triple carbon filter. It goes into a 4" duct with a centrifical fan, blowing outside thru the ridge vents.

Last edited:

karagrows

THanks tree top flyer. I have a pump hooked up to a 1/2" clear tube that hook onto the female threads on the threaded ball valve. once connected i open the valve and pump the water into an extra bucket. I've only changed the water once. And only plan on changing two more times. in flowering mode.

I'm trying to figure out soil right now, havin a little trouble. What would you suggest for nutrients during the veg, or rather whats the n-p-k on the fox farm. Trying to get four Menage-a-twois back to health before I flower or take clones.

karagrows

I use FF Ocean Forest Soil wit 1/3 perlite. Fox Farms full line of nutes. For the first few weeks I used 1 tsp. Grow Big (6-4-4), and 1 TBL. Big Bloom (.01-.3-.7). I fed every other watering. Which was every 2 or 3 days. On the 3rd and 4th week of Veggin I used 2 tsp. Grow Big, and 1 TBL - 1 tsp. Big Bloom.

C

CMoon

very impressive karagrows, pictures speak for themselves :rasta:

bests with progress......cmoon

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
tagged.great first grow kara,really shows that you did alot of planning for this closet.
ur ladies will love you back really soon.keep on doin the damn thing great work.peace

edit:quick question,can you raise the light up farenough to compensate for the stretch.

Last edited:

karagrows

Well, I've decided since two of the plants aren't at the screen yet, I wait another week before switching over to 12/12. Each plant has about 6 real good potential bud locations. I've been training them to each have there own wire hole to climb out. Each day they grow 1"-2", then I pull them down and move them to the next closest wire hole that is more directly under the light. I do a little LST on the main stem below to pull the whole plant towards the middle of the light source. I have a little nuiet burn on like 3 or 4 leaves on various plants. Should I worry? I plan to flush mildly before starting budding nuiets. They seem a tiny, tiny bit droppy, but they always do right after I water them. (Which I didd before the pic) they do perk up after about 4 hours under the light. Anyway the roots on the plain soil are only about 1" shooting out the mesh baskets. The Bubble Bucket roots are POURING out into the bucket, looks very cool, and the plants stem is twice as thick. The bubble bucket plant is the one picuted in the front left. It is one the the shorter ones. (short I mean by 1/4"). I thought it'd be the big one. Who knows it might be the female. Hopefully all of them are. I've pulled 2 clones from each plant and labeled them so I can weed out the males once I flower them. Any comments or advice would be appreciated. Here's a picture from this morning.

karagrows

Hi! Thanks again for comments. I've mildly flushed all the plants with clean PH water. I emptied all the buckets, and cleaned and refilled the bubble bucket with a bud solution I felt fit for the soil/DWC mix. (2 tsp. Tiger Bloom, 1-1/2 tsp. Big Bloom / gal.) Took 2 gallons for Bubble Bucket. The roots are beautiful, clean, and plentyfull. No problems at all. What a difference from the soil growing plants. I'm most surely doing DWC all the way around next grow. The main stem is almost twice as thick as the others. And over all look is healthier, fuller, larger, thicker, sexier, etc. Here is a pictures of it out of the closet.

Here is a just a soil one. It looks good too, but not as full.

Here are all my babies together for the last time out of the closet. I cleaned and wiped the closet out, and rechecked for light leak. All is good, so I am going 12/12 now.

Notice "Sloth" (that's what I named her - after the Goonies retard) Anyway she is an outdoor grow that I topped while it was 4 weeks into budding. I wanted to make sure that no matter what I had a female plnat. It is a Silver Haze. I managed to clone it that far along. Branches came out of the bud sites. And it only gets strange leaves. It is starting to mellow out on it's retardedness. The leaves are taking normal shape on the high areas. I plan on cloning this little bugger once it gets a little more veggy. I am impressed it worked. Took 3 weeks to root for god sake. I thought it wouldn't make it. Well it did. So I'm definetly keeping her as a back up, and next grow maybe.. Maybe a mix...

Last edited: