What's new

Kangativa's Mullumbimby Madness Grow

Kangativa

Veteran
Did someone mention MAPLE LEAF?

HIGH COUNTRY INDICA

picture.php

Similar characteristics.....love those little fat indicas.

I am with you on that one mate.....got some fatter ones than that one that just look unreal.

Kangativa

Veteran
Thanx Guys as always your comments and words mean a lot:tiphat:

Today I started the first of the crosses of 4 F1 Nev Haze males over a selected Kariba Surprise female, these males where some of the earlier males selected from 18 .
I also pollinated 3 Kariba Surprise females, 1 of which was an early maturing one with 2 of the last males to sex out
After testing numerous NH females there are 2 late ones that stand out as super potent, super trippy plants. These will be grown out this summer along with 5 others.
These plants look like they could have a incredible yield and are much stronger than the Nevs I grew last season so I look forward to seeing how they go.

The patch is ready to go after putting in over 2 ton of my own compost which was made from Cow, Horse and Chicken manure and to that I added Blood and Bone, creek sand, composted hay and rock phosphate, this was broken down over 10 months and turned every 2. This year I also added a potting mix which I had made to my specifications which included using craker dust ( crushed Granite ), charcoal and fine wood particles, I did this to help with the drainage.
Due to the amount of rain we had last year I did have a few problems with some other strains suffering from wet feet. I can now see this problem has been solved due to the 50mm we just had in 24hrs:jump:

I am also going to look at bird guano due to the fact we cant import bat guano in bulk anymore....Shame.
Before planting I will spay the patch with a liquid compost that is from Seasol and is organically certified. Foilar feeding will also be done with organically certified Seasol products.

Anyway that is a bit of a rundown on soil prep.
Most of the plants will be from clones as I am going to select the stongest plants from the ones started from seed and I have clones from the best of last years plants......so the Mullum will be back, so will the best MangoHZ, SSH and Nev Haze.
Along with the best Oaxacan, something I didnt really grow last year as I was working more on crosses from this strain.

Here are some pics of the Kariba Surprise used in the cross.

picture.php

picture.php

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Hey High Country.....Here you go mate a nice fat Indica:tiphat:

picture.php
nice fatty kanga ,,
love to see that thing x with ducksfoot ,
talk about solar panels .. hehehe

love the look of your soil mix there i might add ,
ive seen your recipes before ,
im a fan of a fella that knows his dirt ,, hehe ...

mrcreosote

Veteran
Wow,
That guy in the pic was so impressed by your HUGE plants that his head evaporated!

Breathtaking work by a man on a mission. Truly an inspiration.
Kanga, you are an artist of the highest order.

Kangativa

Veteran
Hi all.....I will get back to doing the soil recipe and answering posts later, but first I wanted to put up some pic's of the F1 Nev Hazes that are from 8-10 year old seeds, my hat is off to Shanti and his seed storage as there was a excellent strike rate:tiphat:

These are from plants that still havent been tested yet.....but they will be soon:dance013:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

L

luvaduck

Kanga, you are one lucky man. And obviously quite savvy in the garden.Such wonderful genetics and the right position and skills to make it all happen.
While the tropics may seem to be the place to some to grow those huge sativas, sadly(for me anyway) the best is to be had further south. Saying that, I am yet to try NH here, though I believe DM may have some this season.

Once again, kudos brother, the stuff dreams are made of.

:tiphat:

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
Kanga, you are one lucky man. And obviously quite savvy in the garden.Such wonderful genetics and the right position and skills to make it all happen.
While the tropics may seem to be the place to some to grow those huge sativas, sadly(for me anyway) the best is to be had further south. Saying that, I am yet to try NH here, though I believe DM may have some this season.

Once again, kudos brother, the stuff dreams are made of.

:tiphat:

Southern states....indicas...mountain plants....get them high..cool them down....none of this 40C+ stuff.

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
Hi all.....I will get back to doing the soil recipe and answering posts later, but first I wanted to put up some pic's of the F1 Nev Hazes that are from 8-10 year old seeds, my hat is off to Shanti and his seed storage as there was a excellent strike rate:tiphat:

These are from plants that still havent been tested yet.....but they will be soon:dance013:

Hey Kanga I know you are a busy man with a lot on his plate but can we please get the recipe please mate... I got a day off in the next few days and want to go grab everything so i can chuck it in my holes in the next few weeks :)